Stay Weather Aware this Monday evening
Here's the latest.
Off and on rain and a few storms through the mid to late afternoon. Storms this afternoon could become strong to severe. The Storm Prediction Center has put most of area under a "Slight" risk (2/5) while norther sections are under a Marginal risk (1/5).
Later this afternoon, scattered storms will begin to pop up and move quickly to the NE. The greatest risk might in North GA and East of I-75. Storms could last in to this evening and in to the early AM hours on Tuesday.
What to expect:
- Greatest risk is Damaging Winds up to and exceeding 60mph.
- Large hail over the size of a nickle
- Low end tornado threat. (While noted a 2% on the graphic, it is still a chance. We had isolated tornadoes in AL earlier this AM).
- Rain Totals could exceed 1"+ in some storms.
- Best time frame is 4pm-1am
The clouds have helped this AM, but any amount of sunshine this afternoon could help the atmosphere become more unstable. Something to watch for the commute home, ball games or any other evening plans tonight.
As always, we will be watching for you too!