Be weather aware this Friday! Severe storms possible.
Dangerous Storms are possible this afternoon.
A cold front, along with energy rotating around an area of low pressure near Chicago. One area of energy will move through during the peak heating hours this afternoon, with another round possible this evening. Due to an unstable atmosphere, storms will break out the west and move though area area mainly between 2-8pm, with damaging winds, hail, heavy rain and possibly tornadoes.
- Plateau/NE AL around 1-3pm, and possibly scattered thru evening.
- SE TN/GA from around 3-8pm, again a few breaks in between.
- Lingering showers, rumbles, but non severe, possible after sunset...however isolated to scattered.
- All modes are possible, however Damaging winds are the BIGGEST threats. Even winds non severe (over 58mph) could cause trees to crash down and power outages once over 40mph.
- Low end Tornado threat. While not impossible, would only expect isolated tornadoes. Only takes one.
- Low end large hail threat, but can't rule out isolated damaging golf ball size hail.
- Dangerous lighting
- Heavy rain, along isolated flash flooding. Dangerous travel expected.
HOW MUCH RAIN:
- Storms will contain heavy rain, thankfully they should move fairly quickly limiting major flooding concerns.
- Some locations will pick up 1-2" with isolated higher amounts. Watch for excessive runoff on roads!!