Smoke detectors alert family of house fire in Rock Spring

Firefighters work house fire in Rock Spring, GA.

Smoke detectors are credited with saving a family after fire breaks out in their home.

It happened on Beaumont Road.

Walker County Fire Chief Randy Camp says the fire started on the porch from an extension court..

The smoke detectors went off once the smoke came inside and the family escaped.

While firefighters were able to save two pets, Chief Camp says two family cats died in the fire.

Damages are listed around $80-thousand dollars.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending