Fire Destroys Garage of Restaurant Owner

IMG_1555.JPG

According to Amy Maxwell, public information officer for Emergency Services at Hamilton County Government, at 8:45 a.m., an off-duty Hamilton County Sheriff's officer called dispatch reporting a garage fire located at 6435 Hunter Road.

Highway 58 Volunteer Fire Department responded and arrived on the scene reporting heavy fire pouring out from the back of the extended garage and through the roof.

Maxwell says firefighters worked quickly to get the fire under control and keep the fire from spreading to the house.

The homeowner, Dennis DeMarco, informed fire officials he was at his restaurant, DeMarco's, when he was notified of the fire.

Mr. DeMarco mentioned the garage was used to store landscaping equipment and Christmas decorations. DeMarco also added that one of the lawnmowers was hooked up to a battery charger while he was at the restaurant.

Highway 58 VFD officials are reporting the fire to be accidental.

The garage is a total loss and damages are undetermined at this time.

No injuries were reported but Hamilton County EMS was on the scene for any potential injuries to the firefighters.

Maxwell says DeMarco was insured.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending