Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes ofwebsite accessibilityDryer fire displaces family of 6 in Chattanooga Thursday morning | WTVC
Close Alert

Dryer fire displaces family of 6 in Chattanooga Thursday morning

Photo: Chattanooga Fire Dept.
Photo: Chattanooga Fire Dept.
Facebook Share IconTwitter Share IconEmail Share Icon
Comment bubble

Three children and three adults are looking for a temporary place to stay after a dryer fire heavily damaged their home in the Alton Park neighborhood Thursday morning. No one was hurt.

The Chattanooga Fire Department (CFD) says the fire broke out late Thursday morning on the 3700 block of Dorris Street.

CFD says one resident tried to put the fire around the malfunctioning dryer, but she was unsuccessful.

But a release says she managed to get her other family members out of the burning home, along with their pets.

Firefighters found flames coming from the back of the structure, and had it under control within minutes.

CFD says the home is a total loss.

Comment bubble

The Red Cross is helping the family get back on their feet.

Loading ...