Bales of cellulose catch fire at St. Elmo business

Image: Chattanooga Fire Department

The Chattanooga Fire Department says firefighters spent Tuesday morning working to put out bales of cellulose that were on fire at a business in St. Elmo.

The call came in to firefighters just before 7 a.m. at ADM Southern Cellulose at 105 West 45th Street.

When fire companies arrived at 6:50 a.m. they discovered a fire in a trailer full of 600 pound bales of cellulose material on fire.

An employee using a self contained breathing apparatus used a fork truck to pull the bales out the trailer so that fire crews could wet down the smoldering bales.

Fire crews using hand held line and fire resistant foam wet down and broke apart the bales to insure all flames were extinguished. No one was hurt.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending