Tracking "Irma" & what it could mean for us
Please click the links below for more information on the inland track of Irma.
Download the FREE StormTrack 9 App for iOS and Android devices. Search for WTVC WX in your App Store.
NHC 5 DAY FORECAST CONE - Do not focus on a straight line down the middle of the forecast cone. The track of the storm can move anywhere in the path of the cone.
- Rainfall amounts will vary across our viewing area (up to 2"-3" range possible with higher amounts south and east) This could lead to flash flooding.
- The tornado threat is very low with this system. Mainly a threat of strong wind gusts and heavy rain.
- We could have wind gusts up to 35-45mph overnight Some gusts could exceed 45-50mph especially at higher elevations and south. Wind speeds should decrease through Tuesday Morning. Still a breezy day Tuesday, but the speeds lower during the day compared to Monday Night.
- Due to strong wind gusts, some power outages could occur. Make sure that you have a back up power source and keep you mobile devices fully charged.
- Depend on the StormTrack 9 Team for updates on the track of Irma through the weekend!
Please keep this page bookmarked and watch for updates!
David Glenn & Bill Race