Fight against childhood cancer during Alex’s Lemonade Days
One Cup At A Time - each year thousands of volunteers across the country host lemonade stands in an effort to raise $1 million toward finding cures for all kids with cancer. The idea, started by 4-year-old Alex Scott, has raised millions of dollars and impacted the childhood cancer world. Want to help? Join them at Alex’s Lemonade Days during June 9-11, at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill to donate.
Alex Scott issued her Lemonade Stand Challenge, encouraging people everywhere to hold lemonade stands during one weekend in June to help fight childhood cancer – “One Cup At A Time.” Firebirds is honored to be a part of Alex’s vision this year by participating in National Lemonade Days.
Each Firebirds location will host a Lemonade Stand from June 9 - 11.
· Firebirds' MISSION is to create awareness for Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation and their efforts to find a cure for childhood cancer.
· Firebirds' GOAL is to raise $100,000 with 100% of the proceeds going directly to ALSF.
· Firebirds has raised nearly $800,000 with our ongoing Alex’s Lemonade Stand initiative where $1.25 is donated for every fresh squeezed glass of lemonade sold.
Please let them know if you are available to volunteer in this important cause during any of the times listed below.
Alex’s Lemonade Days-
• When: June 9 – 11
• Where: All locations
• Times: Friday - 11:30a.m.-9p.m.
Saturday - 11:30 a.m.-9p.m.
Sunday – 11:30a.m.-8p.m.
• Why: To help fight childhood cancer “One Cup at a Time”
ALSF emerged from the front yard lemonade stand of cancer patient Alexandra “Alex” Scott (1996 - 2004). In 2000, 4-year-old Alex announced that she wanted to hold a lemonade stand to help find a cure for all children with cancer. Since Alex’s first stand, ALSF has evolved into a national fundraising movement, complete with thousands of supporters across the country. To date, ALSF, a registered 501(c)3 charity, has raised more than $140 million, funding over 690 pediatric cancer research projects. For more information on ALSF visit AlexsLemonade.org.