Firefighters put out breaker box fire on Oak Ridge Drive Friday afternoon
CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. —
Firefighters arrived at the reported structure fire at 3501 Oak Ridge Drive just before 2:00 p.m.
Battalion Chief Don Bowman says the fire was coming from a breaker box on the outside of the house.
Bowman says the fire was starting to spread to the garage and kitchen, but firefighters were able to put it out in less than 10 minutes.
No one was reported injured. Chief Bowman says the fire did minimal damage.
Bowman says the fire was ruled accidental, likely from an electrical malfunction.