Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bobby Brown's lawyer: Bobbi Kristina Brown has opened eyes
- Georgia high court upholds ruling tossing murder conviction
- Severe weather moves through north Georgia
- 2 ex-inmates in Georgia accused of Pennsylvania jury scam
- Weather advisories issued for north Georgia
- 2 ex-inmates in Georgia charged in Pennsylvania jury scam
- Man charged in 4 deaths waives arraignment in 1 case
- Weather advisories issued for north, central Georgia
- Gov. Nathan Deal to sign education reform legislation
- GA GOP district conventions support 'religious freedom' bill
- Arkansas cities push back against laws cast as anti-gay
- Jury to resume deliberations in Iowa spousal sex abuse case
- Penalty phase of Boston Marathon bombing trial set to begin
- Wife of ex-Virginia governor: Corruption trial was unfair
- Spokesman: Alabama woman left to join Islamic State group
- Ex-Va. governor's wife: Corruption trial was unfair
- Annual Jefferson Muzzles awards released, spotlighting those who snuffed or punished free speech
- Woman who designed "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign dies
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
- Sapling planted in Michael Brown's memory destroyed
- Sri Lankan lawmakers protest bribery summons for ex-leader
- Officials say explosion in southern Afghanistan kills 3
- Chinese President Xi Jinping addresses Pakistani parliament
- Afghan official: At least 2 dead in car bomb explosion
- Fierce storm lashes southeast Australia; 3 feared dead
- Japan PM sends offerings to criticized war shrine
- Australia: EU needs tough border control after boat tragedy
- S. Korea's prime minister offers to resign amid scandal
- Mother of Ukraine pilot jailed in Russia seeks global help
- Captain, crew member of shipwrecked immigrant vessel jailed
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!