Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ex-Atlanta principal testifies in cheating trial
- Atlanta bus driver charged in pedestrian's death
- 10 CDC staffers sent to Texas for Ebola probe
- Judge denies challenge to death penalty provision
- In Ga. visit, Romney raises cash for Perdue
- Former President Carter celebrates 90th birthday
- Jury to start deliberating loud music killing case
- Man struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- Petition seeks charges in crash that killed 7
- Person struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- Tweet about Ferguson grand jury sparks probe
- US student rallies support Hong Kong protesters
- UVa suspect mentioned in 2003 sexual assault
- State police: 2 troopers in Frein search injured
- Flight operations at Chicago airports improving
- Lawsuit filed after 'Killing Jews' ads rejected
- Man in Cochran photo case indicted for burglary
- 2nd-in-command named acting US attorney in Seattle
- 17 people displaced by major fire in Atlantic City
- Obama dines with fundraising contest winners
- Iraq considering Australian airstrike request
- Mexico: Alleged drug boss Beltran Leyva captured
- Mexico feds say cartel boss Beltran-Leyva caught
- Soldiers, drug gang battle in Rio de Janeiro slum
- Guatemala ex-police on trial in 1980 embassy fire
- Canada identifies long lost British explorer ship
- Russia halts student exchange program with US
- France ups military deployment against IS group
- UN says Syria vaccine deaths was an NGO 'mistake'
- Chinese government may be losing patience with protests in Hong Kong
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!