Tonight: Increasing clouds with a low near 43.
Friday (Halloween): Mostly cloudy and becoming windy. Scattered light showers as well. An afternoon ... More...
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Body found wrapped in bloody sheet outside hotel
- State rests case in Florida A&M hazing trial
- Georgia governor candidates release final ads
- In final Ga. Senate ad, Perdue zeroes in on trust
- Police seek 'very pregnant,' caped robbery suspect
- Defense case may begin case in FAMU hazing trial
- Defense expected to rest case in FAMU hazing trial
- Chilly weather expected across Georgia
- 4 Kansas education commissioner candidates named
- Atlanta to unveil new civil rights markers
- Maine nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride
- Man charged with murder in SWAT officer shooting
- Halloween canceled as police continue manhunt
- Alabama pastor: College official touched me, too
- Pa. coroner auctioning off guns used in suicides
- 2 Louisiana children killed walking to school
- Some neighbors 'fearful,' but nurse hopes for solution on quarantine
- Justice Dept. watchdog faults agency grenade probe
- Funerals set for Washington school shooter, victim
- Harold Gary Morse, developer of The Villages, dies
- Israel recalls ambassador to Sweden
- Israel to reopen Jerusalem holy site
- Central Europe, Britain oppose Ukraine rebel vote
- Family of held Egypt activists on hunger strike
- Bodies of 5 men found inside car in Brazil slum
- EU holds largest-ever cyber security exercise
- US condemns renewed violence in South Sudan
- New UN envoy on Syria briefs Security Council
- Bodies of 48 Sunni tribal fighters found in Iraq
- Zambia: President's body to return Saturday
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!