Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Study: Ga. teachers, state workers pay more for health care
- Police investigating Norcross home invasion; 1 man shot
- Kennesaw man dies of injuries from fight
- Officials warn of firecrackers' impact on veterans with PTSD
- 3 sentenced in metro Atlanta tax fraud scheme
- Billy Dilworth --veteran Georgia, SC journalist -- dies at 80
- 2-year-old girl drowns in south Georgia river
- Atlanta DUI suspect jumps 30 feet from overpass
- Fleeing suspect runs to law enforcement training center
- Flash flood advisories issued in north Georgia
- Threat to Southwest flight deemed not credible by FBI
- Woman who tries to sneak on planes arrested twice in 2 days
- Boy injured after small plane crashes on California beach
- Police: 14 hurt in deck collapse at North Carolina beach
- Southwest flight to Denver checked for security threat
- Arizona prison hit with 3rd disturbance by inmates in 4 days
- Explosive device injures 6 teens at California house party
- Banner-towing plane crashes on California beach; 2 injured
- 3 dead bodies found in 2 houses in coastal Maine town
- Washington, DC celebrates July 4th
- Shoe factory collapses in eastern China, killing 9 people
- Greek referendum hours away
- IS video shows troops' deaths in Syria archaeological site
- Alternative for Germany party replaces euroskeptic leader
- Draft of sanctions relief at Iran nuclear talks in hand, awaiting senior officials' sign-off
- Bombings kill 15 people in and around Baghdad
- Neo-Nazis rally in London, outnumbered by rivals
- Syrian elite forces and Hezbollah fighters besiege mountain resort near Lebanon border
- Spanish police arrest man suspected of recruiting jihadis
- Russia's Putin sends July 4 greetings to Obama
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!