Tonight: Partly cloudy with a few showers. Low in the mid to upper 60s.
Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy with showers ... More...
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Duke: Oconee didn't do everything to prevent leak
- 1st piece in place for zip line over Chattahoochee
- Brookhaven police make arrests after man is killed
- Fund set up for woman who was attacked on trail
- Tropical Storm Bertha approaching the Caribbean
- Low cost carrier to begin flying between Ga., Va.
- Ga. juvenile justice dept. adds ombudsman's office
- 3 Southeast flowers get federal protection
- Atlanta Public Schools announces pay increases
- GA woman fights charges after car strikes children
- Plans underway to retrieve Americans with Ebola
- Defense grills witness in ex-Virginia gov's trial
- Ex-Bulls player pleads not guilty to sex abuse
- Couple whose dogs killed runner appear in court
- Lawmakers want tougher US line on Myanmar
- UK general: Ukraine crisis holds lessons for NATO
- Girl killed by 5-year-old in shooting identified
- Argument over fire pit leads to stabbing by sword
- Holder cautions against use of data in sentencing
- Otter attacks swimmers in Washington river
- Gunmen kill another Somali lawmaker in Mogadishu
- Tunisia closes borders with Libya after violence
- Investigators set up base near wreckage of Malaysia Airlines plane
- 6 dead following earthquake in Algeria
- W. African leaders, WHO meet to address Ebola
- Saudi King: Gaza war is "crime against humanity"
- Ebola fears nix Sierra Leone troop trip to Somalia
- 5 suspected rebels killed in clash in Indonesia
- Banksy's 'Spy Booth' artwork defaced
- Italy, Poland vie for top EU foreign policy job
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!