Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the low 70s. Wind from the Southwest 5-10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low around 50. Light wind.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny with the high again in the low ... More...
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 Ga. men sentenced to life in fatal armed robbery
- 2 men found fatally shot in west Ga. house
- Georgia criminal justice council given 8 grants
- UNLV president search narrows to 3 candidates
- Authorities bust Ga. heroin smuggling operation
- Nunn debuts another Bush ad in Georgia Senate race
- Georgia soldiers being deployed to West Africa
- Georgia governor details Ebola Response Team
- Ebola patient released from Atlanta hospital
- Pilot identified in fatal Ga. small plane crash
- No bail for man in Washington shooting spree
- 13 injured in Missouri school bus collision
- Suspended justice's lawyer says he'll be cleared
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
- California mayor resigns after injury car crash
- Terror suspect wants details of case against him
POULSBO, Wash. (AP) -- People lined up with coolers Monday to wait for free fish as coho and chum salmon returned to spawn at a hatchery on Washington's Kitsap Peninsula.
- Court justice suspended over role in porn scandal
- Police probe New Hampshire pumpkin fest melee
- CDC releases revised Ebola gear guidelines
- Harvard student stuck in Mexico gets new US visa
- Driver shot dead after he hits 2 Canadian soldiers
- Panama suspends Supreme Court judge for corruption
- Former Australia Prime Minister Gough Whitlam dies
- Driver shot after he hits 2 Canadian soldiers
- EU foreign ministers reject travel ban
- Rehydration was a key in ridding Nigeria of Ebola
- Government OKs Czech troops to stay in Afghanistan
- WHO chief promises transparency on Ebola failures
- Swiss photographer Rene Burri dies at 81
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!