Saturday: Increasing clouds and a little warmer with an afternoon high in the upper 50s to even near 60 in spots. A southeast wind at 5-10mph.
Saturday Night: Cloudy with ... More...
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bus hits plane at Atlanta airport; no one hurt
- Savannah police get help against surge in violence
- Atlanta VA names new assistant director
- Jury convicts man in death of Statesboro preacher
- Gang members get prison time for violent crimes
- Ex-Ga. letter carrier gets prison in robbery plot
- 2 charged in infant starvation on suicide watch
- Ex-Savannah-Chatham police chief convicted
- Marietta man gets 20 yearsin Christmas shooting
- Suspicious package near CDC snarls traffic
- Flooding becomes new threat in snowy Buffalo
- Family of NYC man killed by police seek answers
- AP sources: Obama broadens mission in Afghanistan
- Boy who fell from cliff wakes from induced coma
- Pregnant woman, 3 others shot, killed; girl hurt
- Pregnant woman, 4 others shot, killed; girl hurt
- Teacher charged, on leave for dragging student
- Students protest school response to rape claims
- Verdict pending, Malaysia's Anwar visits US
- San Francisco window washer falls onto moving car
- Biden calls on nations to focus on energy security
- Germany releases, deports convicted Russia spy
- UK volunteers fly to Sierra Leone to fight Ebola
- Hundreds evacuated after London hotel explosion
- Plague outbreak kills 40 people in Madagascar
- Iraqi forces, Islamic State group battle in Ramadi
- Polish town opposes Pooh Bear for unclear gender
- Islamic State group's drive to capture key town in northern Syria blunted by Kurds
- China party paper backs charges against journalist
- US warns citizens to avoid resort of Acapulco
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!