Tonight: A partly cloudy sky with an overnight low in the low 60s (50s away from the city)
Saturday: Sunny to partly ... More...
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Large Ga. school system to change attendance zones
- Judge sides with Fulton County in tax hike dispute
- Jekyll Island hosting shrimp and grits festival
- France-Atlanta collaboration set for next month
- Ga. suspending online child support payments
- Ebola survivor donating blood to Atlanta patient
- Maduro says foreign media behind fears of epidemic
- Ex-DFCS counselor sentenced in rape, molestation
- GBI probing fatal police shooting in Savannah
- Ga. woman acquitted of voter irregularity charges
- Case of American jailed in Cuba back in US court
- Deliberations to resume in Ga. salmonella trial
- Judge to hear objections to Hopkins settlement
- Convicted Florida felon kills his 6 grandchildren
- Congress backs Obama on aid to Syrian rebels
- Utah doctor to be sentenced for killing wife
- Italian village honoring pilots of WWII US bomber
- Search to resume for Texas deputy missing in flood
- Privacy groups take 2nd hit on license plate data
- Fake tweets stir debate about parody, lawsuit
- Dempsey lauds French airstrike against militants
- 3 French students hit by gunfire on school trip
- Morocco expands laws against jihad seekers
- Police: American suspect confesses in Bali killing
- Rocket kills 2 Lebanese soldiers near Syria border
- Guinea: 8 people killed on Ebola awareness trip
- 1st US anti-Ebola military aid arrives in Liberia
- Donetsk cleans up from shelling in eastern Ukraine
- Uganda's president fires top challenger for power
- Indian state TV sacks anchor over China blunder
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!