Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bomb threat against 2 planes at Atlanta's main airport
- Fire crews battling blaze at Douglasville apartment
- South Georgia police search for missing Cobb County couple
- Atlanta mayor: Better transit reduces income inequality
- Police investigate crash that shut down I-85 for 4 hours
- Atlanta university students research civil rights deaths
- Driver in Acworth hit-and-run killed in subsequent accident
- Wildlife officials propose opening trout waters all year
- Breakaway congregation from Ga. 'Mother Church' finds a home
- SW Georgia officer shoots attacking pit bull during eviction
- Major storm could hit northeast
- Blizzard-like conditions possible in Northeast's next storm
- Dead whale found at Seattle dock struck by ship propeller
- Ex-CEO filmed kicking dog in elevator charged with cruelty
- Balloon crew aiming to break records at last launches
- Ex-arena official sues NJ Devils GM over lost wages
- Snowplow driver escapes injury when parking garage collapses
- Man so angry he kicks pet Chihuahua, killing it
- No bombs found on planes in Atlanta after threat
- Lock of Lincoln's hair among items auctioned in Dallas
- Turkish president in Somalia to launch development projects
- Iran foreign minister: Outreach to Saudi Arabia 'necessary'
- Obama: Counterterrorism operations in Yemen not affected
- Obama, Modi cite breakthrough on India civil nuclear program
- French arrests beg question: Is free speech for all?
- Officials say bombings kill 8 in Iraq's capital, Baghdad
- Nepal pushed to political turmoil over new constitution
- Obama offers condolence to Abe over slain hostage
- Father of Japanese hostage reported killed still hopeful
- Zambia: Ruling party candidate wins presidential election
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!