Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
"Quinn is a quiet person, but it's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for," said Cindy White, Professor at the UTC College of Business.
"No matter wherever you go, the only thing he will eat is fries and chicken," said Jake Todd, Junior at UTC.
Whether it's actually paying attention in class, his love for chicken fingers, or the bag of skittles he has with him at all times, something is working for Quinn Pertuit. The 19-year-old is the youngest person in history to graduate from UTC.
Besides entering early, Quinn finished early. He completed his college courses in 3 years.
Professors have concerns about students entering college-life early.
"I worry about maturity level, I worry about not having any peers," said Professor White.
"If you put a 16-year-old out there living by himself with his own car, with his own job, going to school, and supporting himself, that's really what made me mature fast," said Pertuit.
He takes six or seven classes a semester, in addition to participating in multiple extra-cirriculars.
"He runs the house, pays all the bills, takes care of everything maintenence wise, plus helps his brother along with his school work...plus some more of us that need help," said Tim Baker, friend and senior at UTC.
After graduation, Pertuit plans on attending grad school. His ultimate goal is to work for a consulting firm. Teachers and friends have no doubt he'll make it.
"I really don't have advice for him, he's driving his ship quite well on his own. I wish all of them were just like him. It would be amazing to have a class full of Quinn's," said Dr. Steve White, UTC College of Business.
Youngest Student to Graduate from UTC
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Elderly Ga. woman found dead in ditch
- Deadline nears for end of 2015 Ga. legislative session
- Central Arkansas officials apply to host football bowl game
- Governor says he will sign transportation funding proposal
- Jury begins Day 8 of deliberations in school cheating trial
- Couple suspected in 1992 death to be extradited to Kansas
- Woman sent to prison for setting fire to homeless camp
- Woman added to Tennessee Top Ten Most Wanted list caught
- Witnesses say boy, 3, killed when he accidentally fires gun
- Day 8 of deliberations in Atlanta schools cheating trial
- NYC detective's video rant at Uber cab driver spurs transfer
- Suspect in death of boy found in bag in creek passes on bond
- DA won't seek death penalty in Las Vegas mom's slaying
- Duke University investigates noose found hanging on campus
- Advocates say Indiana woman's sentence for feticide alarming
- Arkansas woman now world's oldest person, wants Obama visit
- Obama urges unity in Nigeria after historic election
- Police: 4 found dead in Tulsa home after mom, dad miss work
- Western cities had hottest March on record
- Johns Hopkins sued over sexually transmitted disease study
- Hugo Chavez' favorite daughter makes UN debut as US bashed
- Lacking faith in government, Mexican parents approach cartel
- Amnesty: Gambia sentences 3 to death for attempted coup
- Gay Premier urges businesses in Indiana to move to Ontario
- Gay premier urges businesses in Indiana to move to Ontario
- French officials: Alps avalanche kills 3 tourists, injures 1
- Al-Jazeera journalist says Canada not issuing him passport
- New Nigerian leader vows to go after Boko Haram
- 9 UK citizens headed to Syria arrested, Turkey military says
- 10 Ebola cases found during Sierra Leone's shutdown
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!