Tonight: An isolated evening t-shower possible. Otherwise partly cloudy and muggy ... More...
Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fiery crash shuts down westbound lanes of I-20
- Rocks tossed from bridge strike vehicles on I-985
- Authorities ID 2 people killed in helicopter crash
- SWAT team called to standoff in Powder Springs
- Southwestern Ga. university president to retire
- GA communities get $39.7 million in federal grants
- Gucci Mane to be sentenced on federal gun charge
- Ex-Atlanta court clerk sentenced in theft
- Helicopter crash kills Alabama Power worker, pilot
- 2 dead in Alabama helicopter crash
- Virginia prepares for possibility of gay marriage
- Latest Ferguson protests are smaller, more subdued
- Age no opponent for some of NFL's veteran stars
- Another American hostage at risk by Islamic State
- Former Va. governor's finances examined at trial
- Official: 4 of 6 child hostages freed in Harvey
- Volunteers a buffer between police, protesters
- Texas' Perry smiles for mug shot, gets ice cream
- American journalist killed in Syria aware of risks
- In 3 deadly NYC jail beatings, no criminal charges
- Iran's parliament dismisses moderate minister
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrest
- UK: man in beheading video appears to be British
- India's Iyengar, who helped popularize yoga, dies
- Protesters plant Ukraine flag on Moscow skyscraper
- Iran's parliament votes out moderate minister
- Pope: Thanks for prayers for my family's grief
- Fighting outside key Ukrainian city kills 9 troops
- Liberian security forces seal slum to halt Ebola
- French ex-prime minister seeks nod for '17 vote
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!