Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia car dealers expect drop in electric vehicle sales
- A look at a manufacturer of statues for Civil War monuments
- Catholic diocese unveils new headquarters in Savannah
- Lucky Money jackpot rises to $1 million
- NC court: Is 800K tobacco growers too many to split $340M?
- No one picks all 5 winning numbers in Fantasy 5 game
- Ava's Law expected to be signed by Gov. Nathan Deal soon
- Atlanta Steeplechase marks 50th year
- Atlanta police investigate fatal shooting
- 1 person killed, others hurt in crash at Ga courthouse
- Intervention by Alaska governor spares lives of bears
- Leaders and entertainers celebrate Earth Day
- Storms developing from Texas through central Nebraska
- Tulsa reserve deputy's attorneys release training records
- Last 2 Raiders give congressional medal to Ohio museum
- Scarlett O'Hara outfit fetches $137,000 at auction
- Ohio officer praised for restraint, refused to shoot suspect
- Fla. Panhandle police: Man with gun fatally shot by officers
- Victims of California gas-line blast released from hospital
- Police: Officers kill man who charged at them near St. Louis
- Migrants' protest convoy reaches Mexico City with complaints
- Pope hopes Milan world's fair will help environmental effort
- Arrest of Gulf Cartel chief sparks Mexico border gunfights
- Sudan newspaper quotes governor as saying rebels kill 136
- Spain PM says fraud probe into ex-minister damages his party
- 'Just Got Paid' signer found dead in Jamaica
- UN: Assailants attack convoy, kill 2, wound 1 in north Mali
- Turin Shroud goes back on display for faithful and curious
- Nepal marks anniversary of deadliest Everest avalanche
- Iraqi official: Ground forces enter Iraq's biggest refinery
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!