Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a few scattered showers late. Lows near 60.
A better chance of rain arrives by Tuesday, along ... More...
Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia releases 2 years of school scores
- Atlanta airport general manager finalists named
- Hinesville man dies in ATV wreck
- Savannah police investigate fatal shooting
- Police seek suspect in unauthorized party shooting
- Man fatally hit by vehicle on Atlanta interstate
- Cobb police investigate crash in church lot
- Road likely to reopen as water main work continues
- Sewage plant odors could be topic of meeting
- Fundraising begins for university campus in Newnan
- Teen stowaway could face charges in California
- High court will hear case of mistaken traffic stop
- Tight security doesn't dampen mood for Boston Marathon
- Court won't hear Arizona appeal over harboring ban
- Court rejects Exxon Mobil appeal of $105M verdict
- High court rejects new Guantanamo appeal
- Facing eviction, 89-year-old smoker plans to move
- Court to look at 'born in Jerusalem' passport case
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring 21
- Biden heads to Ukraine as tensions rise
- Somali lawmaker killed in car bomb explosion
- UN condemns ethnic killings in South Sudan
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Parents: 234 girls kidnapped from Nigeria school
- Gaza militants fire missile, rockets at Israel
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- Chinese police begin carrying guns during patrols
- Anti-junta Myanmar journalist Win Tin dies at 85
- Malaysia Airlines jet turns back after gear fails
- 8 killed in Finland parachutist plane accident
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!