Thursday Night: Clearing and much colder with a low near 25.
Dry ... More...
Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police fear gunman may be targeting homeless
- Deputy wounded by shotgun expected to recover
- Gwinnett County police: Pedestrian deaths on rise
- Flying tire kills woman as she walks along road
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate falls to 7 percent
- State parks open Thanksgiving, Christmas, Jan. 1
- Legislative panel to discuss DeKalb cityhood
- Sheriff: Teen staged shooting for attention
- Park continues with Snow Mountain, Christmas event
- US adult smoking rate dips just under 18 percent
- Obama calls deployed troops to express Thanksgiving gratitude
- LAPD updates arrests to 145 in Ferguson fallout
- Expectant mom struck by car dies; baby born alive
- Against odds, Chicago school aims for championship
- Hawaii road re-opens amid stalled lava flow
- City's ugly Christmas tree getting single red bulb
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- Toyota, tire maker Toyo issue safety recalls
- Justice sent home after heart stent implanted
- Snowstorm leaves many without power in the Northeast
- Sinn Fein figure arrested over widow's '72 killing
- Hong Kong protest student leader banned from site
- Peres criticizes Israel's 'Jewish state' bill
- Pope condemns Islamic State violence
- Ebola aid dogged by coordination lags in Guinea
- France returns 250 smuggled Egyptian antiquities
- Explosions and gunfire as Taliban stages attack in upscale Kabul district
- Egypt braces for new Islamist protest
- 11 burned bodies found in southern Mexico
- Judge: British minister did call policemen 'plebs'
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!