Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Severe thunderstorms possible as rain moves into Georgia
- Cellphone thieves targeting college students in Atlanta
- Person of interest in Macon woman's death found dead
- Man diagnosed with Lassa fever dies in US after Liberia trip
- Correction: Unattended Child Campaign story
- 1 person dead in collision with fire department vehicle
- Police arrest man after car involved in 2 police chases
- 2 arrested in Savannah after car broadsides police car
- Georgia post to give Vietnam vets homecoming they never had
- 2 Fantasy 5 players each win $93,551.64 jackpot
- Defense in Slender Man case say adult charges unwarranted
- Taco Bell, Pizza Hut: Artificial ingredients getting booted
- Gunman, 1 other, killed in North Dakota Wal-Mart shooting
- Author of Pamela Smart-inspired book asks for her parole
- Media CEOs dominate ranks of top-paid executives
- The Latest on IS: Fighting, strikes near Iraq's Ramadi
- The Latest on flooding: Houston floodwaters strand motorists
- The Latest on IS: US promises 2,000 rockets to Iraq
- Police: Dog mauls boy to death on Chicago's South Side
- Bad training invalidates 170 Ohio concealed weapons licenses
- Sweltering temperatures in India leave 750 dead in 5 weeks
- Rights group says Libya civilians trapped in eastern city
- Malaysia refuses entry to teen leader of Hong Kong protests
- Greece mulls levy on undeclared deposits to raise cash
- Former trader goes on trial in UK for market manipulation
- UN says alarming spike in female suicide bombings in Nigeria
- Murder trial opens for French farmer who shot truffle thief
- Moldovan president: We prefer European Union orbit to Russia
- Attack on UN vehicle in Mali's capital, 1 dead
- Russia: No date yet for Iran's S-300 air defense missiles
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!