Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Explosion reported at burning Marietta apartment complex
- Georgia governor proposes $50M more on pre-kindergarten
- Atlanta police investigating fatal stabbing
- Rally in Henry County after racist graffiti painted on homes
- Police: Man tried abducting girl near Cobb County bus stop
- Scientists study how rising seas will reshape Georgia coast
- Man sentenced for shooting stepfather in eye with flare gun
- Georgia-Pacific to close Wisconsin plant
- Former police officer charged with theft in federal court
- Authorities capture man in 1991 death of former girlfriend
- Man admits stabbing son to death during fight over eviction
- Hurricane Ignacio rapidly weakens, moves away from Hawaii
- Magnitude 3.2 earthquake rattles southern Los Angeles County
- Police: Woman said boys weren't loved, so she drowned them
- Real estate exec faces DWI charge in fatal Hamptons crash
- Illinois' history museum is latest target in political fight
- Straight outta Compton: small quake hits Los Angeles County
- Judge seals Alabama governor's divorce file from public view
- Papal welcome at US seminary expected to be rowdy, reverent
- Sheriff: Suspect kills mother, step-father, grandmother
- Poland's warring leaders honor Solidarity separately
- Yemen rebels raid dozens of homes of opponents in capital
- Flood at Russian zoo kills 1 bear, traps 14 others in cages
- Experts to investigate new Ebola case in north Sierra Leone
- Russian speaker to address conference by video after US ban
- Swaziland's government says official crash death toll is 13
- Germany open to new 4-way Ukraine summit
- Unstable antenna atop Trump tower closes streets in Toronto
- AP Interview: Migration group ready to help with influx
- Central EU nations reject criticism of actions on migrants
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!