Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GA parole board held clemency hearing for man set to die
- Metro Atlanta man killed in Alabama freeway crash
- Ga. sisters sentenced in robbery, carjacking of SCAD student
- New Atlanta restaurant to feature world-class artworks
- Batman ride at Six Flags Over Georgia to run backward
- Study: Savannah River has room for Ga., SC to build new port
- Man facing charges over missing couple turns himself in
- Alabama appeals decision blocking ban on same-sex marriage
- Georgia ports seeing growth from West Coast labor problems
- Couple is missing after long drive to meet Craigslist seller
- Boston JetBlue flight searched after threat, nothing found
- Small plane reported down in Washington state's Hood Canal
- Deputy: Police kill man who fired at officers in Minnesota
- Snowstorm paralyzing northeast, wide ripple effects on travel
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who struck officer with car
- What you need to know about northeastern US snowstorm
- Couple charged after pet ferrets attack baby, chew off nose
- The latest on the Northeast snowstorm
- Balloon crew hits halfway mark in bid to break records
- 4 sentenced in California in fake kidnapping scheme
- Mexico protest marks 4 months since students' disappearance
- Obama leading delegation of US dignitaries to Saudi Arabia
- UN: deadly attack on Ukraine city could be war crime
- Frenchwoman freed from Mexico jail sues ex-president, others
- Russia rejects charges that it's responsible for renewed Ukraine violence
- Gunshots fired at Emirati plane on landing in Baghdad
- Colombians celebrate Miss Universe title
- Canada finds case of H7N9 bird flu in traveler
- Spielberg warns of growing anti-Semitism at Holocaust event
- Ireland unveils credit card-style passports for EU travel
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!