Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia's unemployment rate drops to 6.4 percent
- Atlanta Hawks unveiling Dominique Wilkins statue
- Lawmakers expected to talk transportation, schools, religion
- Ga. entrepreneur sentenced for hiding income overseas
- Ga. man sentenced in embezzlement from Grady Hospital
- Police: Detective fatally shot in 'ambush' outside Atlanta
- GA man sentenced in DUI crash that killed wife after wedding
- Deputy shoots, wounds man in central Georgia
- Man faces murder charge in killing of taxi driver's son
- Sleet, freezing rain possible in north Georgia
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Md shootings: Suspect's divorce petition dismissed this week
- Alabama justices: Until high court rules, we're in charge
- Clinton emails inject Obama's administration into 2016 fray
- Fate of Obama health law subsidies rests with 2 justices
- Veterinarian detained in East Timor returns to Oregon
- US finds racist, profit-driven practices in Ferguson
- Autopsy fails to pinpoint death cause for Oregon baby in car
- Second Los Angeles hospital reports 'superbug' infections
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- UK's Cameron declines to take part in one-to-one debate
- Last Ebola patient to be released in Liberia
- WHO to test Ebola vaccine in Guinea, might stop outbreaks
- Ukraine bans Russian media outlets from official events
- South African Airways refunds customers after bungle
- Turkish military jet crashes; 2 pilots killed
- Ex-Ukraine minister arrested in Spain for embezzlement
- Singapore sentences 2 Germans to caning for vandalism
- Faucet theft from German spy building causes water leak
- Death toll in east Ukraine mine blast reaches 32
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!