Today: Sunny and a little warmer through the afternoon with a high in the upper 60s. A lighter breeze from the north at 10-15.
Tonight: A clear sky with an overnight low in the mid 40s (30s possible again mountains and away ... More...
Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
All parents of students in Whitfield County Schools are invited to a Title I Parent Advisory meeting on Monday, July 30, beginning at 10 a.m., at the Central Office at 1306 South Thornton Avenue in Dalton.
The purpose of the meeting is for parents and community members to share their ideas and feedback regarding the system’s consolidated application and the system parent involvement policy for the upcoming school year. Visit the school district’s website to review the current consolidated application and parent involvement policy.
Title I funds enhance students’ educational opportunities by providing educational services to supplement regular classroom services. The goal is to help students reach grade-level proficiency in basic and advanced skills in the core content areas of reading/language arts, math, science, and social studies.
All Whitfield County School parents are encouraged to attend. For questions or more information, please contact Lorijo Calhoun or Freida Talley at (706) 217–6733.Whitfield educators want parents’ opinion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- In Ga. Senate race, Nunn stumps across north Ga.
- Marietta firm proposes purchase of newspapers
- Plea deal in FAMU case is off the table
- Perdue urging conservatives in final bus tour
- Burned dogs showing up at Georgia animal hospital
- Homeowner kills man during shootout near Atlanta
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate falls to 7.3 percent
- Metro Athens has lowest jobless metro jobless rate
- Senator to speak at Ga. veterans' center event
- Frost advisory issued for parts of Georgia
- Man accused of threats: I'm not delusional
- Haitians' lawyer asks NY judge to nix UN immunity
- Police in Arizona: Girl left in car for hours dies
- Feb. 20 sentencing set for former Va. first lady
- Border deaths drop to 15-year low
- Police: Officers in Arizona shoot man with machete
- South Africans indicted in US on illegal hunts
- New survey details vast scope of teen dating abuse
- Wilson attorneys: Not responsible for leaks
- James Corden to take over 'Late Late Show' March 9
- New mass grave evidence at Mladic trial
- Berlusconi: Let's legalize gay civil unions
- AP Interview: Libya FM wants Tripoli negotiations
- Cyprus president hospitalized in Brussels
- Royal Protection officer arrested in ammo probe
- Security remains tight in aftermath of Canada shooting attack
- Argentina issues $1 billion, 2-year bond
- Puma helps drive Kering's Q3 sales
- Lebanon says it won't accept more Syrian refugees
- Pope condemns extraordinary renditions in law talk
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!