Saturday: A mix of sun and clouds. An afternoon high in the upper 60s and even near 70 in spots. A southwest wind at 10mph.
Saturday Night: Cloudy and dry during the evening. Some light rain possible late in the night and toward daybreak. Expect ... More...
Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GOP Senate candidates will meet in Macon debate
- Woman doubted man was threat before Ga. shooting
- Audra McDonald to perform at 4th symphony gala
- Audra McDonald performs at 4th symphony gala
- Candidates qualifying for top Ga. primary races
- Candidate fields set for GA May primary elections
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- NJ's Christie raises money with Georgia Gov. Deal
- Morris Brown gets court's OK to sell some property
- SC expects no delay between study and harbor work
- Daylight saving time: Move clocks ahead 1 hour
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Officer says US general sexually assaulted her
- Army won't disclose punishment of soldier
- Sheriff: Snowmobiler dies in avalanche in Utah
- Child sex abuse suspect dies at Boston hospital
- Head of white supremacist gang admits guilt
- Obama, Germany's Merkel discuss Ukraine
- LA police officer killed in crash identified
- Border Patrol releases use-of-force guidelines
- Pro-Russia forces mount pressure on Ukrainians
- 2 dozen children die in drought-hit south Pakistan
- Police: Afghan district chief killed by bomb
- China defiant on territory claims, demands respect
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Letter bombs found at N Ireland post offices
- Russia, Ukraine feud over sniper carnage
- Russians demonstration in support of Crimea move
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!