Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia religious freedom bill stalls in House committee
- Georgia House and Senate announce deal on autism bill
- Police arrest man in killing of man at Atlanta supermarket
- Police say major meth operation discovered in Atlanta
- Cancer hospital company fails to get OK to expand in Georgia
- Georgia Senate passes controversial ride sharing legislation
- Ga. police chief, assistant chief charged with stealing
- Family of man killed by Smyrna police want independent probe
- Toddler found dead in Lake Sinclair after search
- University of Georgia student attacked, robbed at gunpoint
- Latest on NY fire, building collapse: Smoke smells for miles
- Settlement reached in lawsuit filed by Ferguson protesters
- Report: Mix of cat litter, salts caused nuclear-dump mishap
- College students make bracelets to help jailed journalists
- Police: Monkey attacks maintenance worker in hospital lot
- Saudi ambassador: Iran is advising Yemen rebels
- Latest on NYC fire, collapse: More than a dozen injured
- US 'troubled' by Thai leader's threat to execute journalists
- New York City fire, building collapse injure several people
- Man accused of punching ex-Cardinal after racial slurs
- UK prime minister, opposition leader in live TV interviews
- Lawyer: Fugitive Colombian millionaire arrested in Spain
- Co-pilot's apartment, parents' home searched
UNITED NATIONS (AP) -- The United Nations has more than doubled its estimate of Syrians who are living in besieged areas to roughly 440,000.
- Pope welcomes homeless to Sistine Chapel in surprise visit
- Cuba, US to launch human rights dialogue in latest talks
- Russian, American ready for a year in space
- Air Canada to mandate 2 people in the cockpit
- Moroccan police block burial of prominent Islamist's widow
- UN sounds positive note as Libya deal remains elusive
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!