Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 1 arrested, others sought after gunfire at Ga. Army base
- Judge: No juror misconduct in Ga. peanut trial convictions
- Judge delays sentencing for Ala woman in daughter's slaying
- Guns, training gun found where police say sheriff shot woman
- Dredging of Savannah harbor won't start until December
- Third Ga. man pleads guilty in anti-government militia plot
- Thunderstorms, high winds expected in north, central Ga.
- Man fatally shot by central Ga. sheriff's deputy
- Phillip Lucas appointed AP reporter in Birmingham, Alabama
- Suspect arrested in 2002 death of Georgia college professor
- USS Arizona Memorial dock repairs expected to take a week
- Timeline of the career of ex-US House Speaker Dennis Hastert
- 1st tropical storm of Pacific season strengthens off Mexico
- Latest on flooding: River below flood stage in North Texas
- Man gets 50 years in shooting at National Guard armory
- Search dogs aiding efforts after Texas floods need care
- Latest on flooding: Body found along Central Texas riverbank
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Latest on flooding: Houston reduces number of missing to 1
- 10 injured in ammonia gas leak at Panhandle chemical plant
- Ex-Guatemala vice president's properties raided amid scandal
- Volcano erupts on southern Japanese island
- Thai official warns of 'alarming level' of boat people
- Asian nations meet to discuss Rohingya migrant crisis
- THE LATEST: US will vote for Prince Ali in FIFA election
- 200,000 shark fins seized at Ecuadorean port
- THE LATEST: Brazilian soccer federation head leaves Zurich
- THE LATEST: FIFA scandal has big implications in Brazil
- South Africa's 2010 World Cup bid implicated in corruption probe
- 2 ex-Guantanamo Bay detainees to tie the knot in Uruguay
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!