Wacker Presents Scholarships
Local high school seniors Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America.
Dr. Konrad Bachhuber—vice president and site manager for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at each school’s awards night.
“At WACKER, we know that the leaders of tomorrow and our future employees are being created by the educational environment today,” said Dr. Bachhuber. “It is an honor to recognize these students for their outstanding achievements, and we commend them for continuing to further their education after high school.”
Both Boltniew and Morris are valedictorians for the class of 2012 at their respective schools. Boltniew plans to attend Lee University, and Morris will attend the University of the South.
Wacker Presents Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Burke County football player dies 2 weeks after collapsing
- Macon 'Dirty Bird' rapper facing drug trafficking charges
- Second teenager in 2 days shot to death in Union City
- 2 men charged in 1999 Nashville theater shooting
- Effort to bring minor league baseball to Macon moves forward
- Atlanta man sentenced in homeless check cashing scheme
- Police probing deaths of 2 Savannah children
- Trial begins in death of man found in Georgia jail cell
- Ex-Macon officer sentenced for sex with shoplifting suspect
- Lawyer: White New York officer targeted black NBA player
- The Latest: Official says worst has been averted at dam site
- Did US strike on Afghan clinic exceed combat authority?
- The Latest on rainstorm: Crews still working on canal breach
- The Latest: Residents near compromised dam told to evacuate
- South Florida high-rise cited after explosion injures 6
- McCarthy's pledge to conservatives: 'I'm not John Boehner'
- As Clinton campaigns, complications with her old boss arise
- 3 'persons of interest' sought in hiking trail killing
- US, Japan museums united on Missouri, Yamato battleships
- Assisted suicide opponents vow to fight California law
- The Latest: EU to crack down on people refused asylum
- Israeli team advances in contest to send spacecraft to moon
- UK's Cameron: I'll get tough in EU negotiations
- Romania: lawyer to dictator's son and a killer dog dies, 83
- Fighting erupts in central Syria amid Russian airstrikes
- Palestinian shot after stabbing Israeli in Jerusalem
- Nepal government, protesters discuss main issue
- Pakistani court upholds death sentence in blasphemy killing
- MSF seeks fact-finding mission over deadly Kunduz strike
- With 500 French in Syria, new anti-jihadi ad campaign starts
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!