Tonight: Cloudy with some rain possible, especially over the southern & eastern part of the viewing area. An overnight low in the upper 40s. A northeast wind at 10mph.
Saturday: Cloudy and breezy at times. Still some light rain possible south ... More...
Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
Local high school seniors Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers of Cleveland High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America. Dr. Erika Burk—director of human resources for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at the school’s awards night. To date the company has awarded $4000 in scholarship funds to Bradley County graduating seniors.
"You all have accomplished so much that you should be proud of, and I want to you know that we are all very proud of you," said Dr. Burk to students at the ceremony. "It is an honor to recognize Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers for their outstanding achievements; we at WACKER POLYSILICON North America recognize their hard work and commitment to furthering their education."
WACKER POLYSILICON selected Couture and Summers based on their 4.0 GPA and high ACT composite scores. Couture will attend Skidmore College, and Summers will attend Lee University. Last week the company awarded scholarships to students Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School.Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Atlanta student arrested in grandmother's death
- Deal set to sign bill expanding gun rights in Ga.
- Savannah woman sentenced in death of newborn
- Georgia daycare ordered closed after child in van
- Man wanted in Georgia killing arrested in Alabama
- Georgia man pleads not guilty in Iowa man's death
- Girl critically injured after being struck by car
- Man sentenced after threat to eat judge's kids
- Pedestrian struck, killed by minivan in east Ga.
- Authorities seek to identify skeletal remains
- Senate to debate rideshare regulations
- Bryant U. cracks down on selfies at graduation
- Colorado deaths stoke worries about pot edibles
- Autopsy: Border Patrol agent shot man twice
- Obama signs bill aimed at blocking Iran's UN envoy
- Woman finds body while hunting for Easter eggs
- Pipeline supporters denounce latest delay
- Year after blast, Texas town ponders new plant
- Court declines to block drug ruling in patent case
- White House makes economics focus of Asia trip
MEXICO CITY (AP) -- Roman Catholics throughout Latin America and the Caribbean are paying tribute to Jesus Christ in Holy Week traditions that go back centuries and range from religious processions to self-flagellation.
- Blast in busy Cairo square kills 1 police officer
- Blast in busy Cairo square kills 1 officer
- Officials: 24 more abducted Nigerian students free
- Pope leads torch-lit Good Friday procession
- N. Korea criticizes 'human rights racket' of US
- Belfast IRA figure killed in splinter-group feud
- 57-nation OSCE plays key Ukraine monitoring role
- UN says 58 killed in attack on UN base in SSudan
- Christians mark Good Friday in the Holy Land
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!