Tonight: Clear and cool with an overnight low in the mid 50s.
Wednesday: Sunny with an afternoon high in the upper 70s to lower 80s.
Beautiful ... More...
Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
Local high school seniors Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers of Cleveland High School each received a $1000 scholarship from WACKER POLYSILICON North America. Dr. Erika Burk—director of human resources for the company—recognized each student for his/her excellence by presenting a certificate at the school’s awards night. To date the company has awarded $4000 in scholarship funds to Bradley County graduating seniors.
"You all have accomplished so much that you should be proud of, and I want to you know that we are all very proud of you," said Dr. Burk to students at the ceremony. "It is an honor to recognize Cody Couture and Tiffany Summers for their outstanding achievements; we at WACKER POLYSILICON North America recognize their hard work and commitment to furthering their education."
WACKER POLYSILICON selected Couture and Summers based on their 4.0 GPA and high ACT composite scores. Couture will attend Skidmore College, and Summers will attend Lee University. Last week the company awarded scholarships to students Abigail Boltniew of Bradley High School and Taylor Morris of Walker Valley High School.Wacker Awards Two More Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fox Theatre thanks Atlanta for saving it
- Burning smell prompts evacuations at hospital
- Part of hospital evacuated as crews battle fire
- Plane, 2 men still missing after weeklong search
- Man found stabbed to death in south Fulton County
- Symphony postpones concerts amid labor dispute
- Coast Guard and Navy to conduct exercise off Ga.
- UGA to unveil portrait of former president Adams
- Suspect in Atlanta-area shooting arrested in Miami
- Teen stabbed to death in downtown Atlanta park
- Minuteman 3 test missile launches from California
- Filmmaker: Ambush suspect was in my documentary
- Pentagon says Khorasan group was nearing attack
- Ohio college student killed by falling tree
- Pentagon: Strikes on Islamic militants to continue
- Countries, companies pledge to end deforestation
- Woman bound with duct tape found in car's trunk
- Fire destroys Michael Brown memorial in Ferguson
- Fire destroys Michael Brown memorial in Missouri
- Arkansas cowers under Senate advertising barrage
- Azerbaijan nabs 26 alleged militants
- World trade body cuts forecasts
- UN to leaders: Set 'new course' on climate change
- President: "foreign plot" behind Shiites' advances
- Assad backs efforts to fight terrorism
- Eds: Updates with details. With AP Photos.
- Jeep veers off mountain road in Nepal; 11 dead
- Australian counterterror officer shoots man dead
- Albania destroys marijuana worth $8.2 billion
- PKK leader: Kurds should mobilize against IS
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!