Tonight: Remaining cloudy this eventing with sprinkles and light rain showers slowly coming to an end. Overnight, expect decreasing clouds as lows drop to around 52. East winds at 5-10mph, becoming light.
Easter Sunday: Sunny, and BEAUTIFUL from sunrise service to ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. GOP Senate hopefuls try to separate themselves
- Repairs to broken water main to take more time
- Sewage plant sparks smell concerns at garden
- Police probe drowning death in Lake Lanier
- Police probe Saturday slaying of Kennesaw man
- Police recover stolen House clerk's car in Atlanta
- Crews plan repairs for water main break in Atlanta
- Registration deadline to vote in primary near
- Zoo Atlanta has warthog births for spring
- Search launched for dean of UGA Graduate School
- Body found by highway is missing Massachusetts boy
- US weighing military exercises in Eastern Europe
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Tenn. ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental
- Woman says beau stole her dog, TV on 1st date
- California man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Wyoming town
- 4 dead, 2 hospitalized after car hits taxi near Houston
- Texas search group, FAA, at odds over drone use
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Attacks kill 16 across Iraq
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- Colombia hopes to share Garcia Marquez remains
- Bombs targeting soldiers, shoppers kill 11 in Iraq
- Ministry: 2 killed in apparent Bahrain car bombing
- Confirmed death toll climbs to 33; about 270 missing
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa; three still missing
- Man arrested over murder of ex-IRA leader
- Al-Qaida chief blesses attacks on Egypt security
- Iran general urges Tehran to make new UN pick
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!