Tonight: Partly cloudy with a few showers. Low in the mid to upper 60s.
Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy with showers ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 1 person injured in Savannah shooting
- Nunn asks for 5 debates in Senate race
- 2 US Ebola victims to arrive at metro Atlanta base
- Fund set up for woman who was attacked on trail
- Duke: Oconee didn't do everything to prevent leak
- 1st piece in place for zip line over Chattahoochee
- Brookhaven police make arrests after man is killed
- Tropical Storm Bertha approaching the Caribbean
- Low cost carrier to begin flying between Ga., Va.
- Ga. juvenile justice dept. adds ombudsman's office
- GPS satellite launched into space
- Search ends for 3 believed killed by sex offenders
- House Roll Call: $694 million bill for immigration
- House OKs bill to address border crisis
- Congress backs Israel's Iron Dome missile defense
- Records show Arizona inmate was injected 15 times
- Jurors will consider manslaughter against agent
- Rare whale fossil pulled from California backyard
- California prisons change mental health treatment
- Ebola forces Mormon missionaries from West Africa
- Landslide blocks mountain river; 6 people die
- Hamas: Missing soldier likely killed in strike
- Factory blast in east China kills more than 40
- China bladder trade sending porpoise to extinction
- Searchers find remains at Malaysia Airlines crash site
- Remains of Air Algerie crash victims now in Paris
- Iran opens first state-run alcohol rehab center
- 62 killed in Gaza; Israeli soldier feared captured
- Uruguayan pot marketplace may go up in smoke
- UN chief blames Hamas for breaking cease-fire
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!