Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Larger planes now allowed to land at Gainesville's airport
- Johns Creek police make 15 arrests in prostitution sting
- Wintry weather possible in northwest Georgia by mid-week
- 2 men wounded by gunfire on Atlanta's southwest side
- Concerns over drug prompt delay of Georgia woman's execution
- Agency to introduce online trip planner for metro Atlanta
- Atlanta council wants full name of airport used
- Ebola survivor leaves US after recovery to return to Africa
- Numbers show US women rarely executed
- Numbers show rarity of female executions in US
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Man arrested in Islamic State plot due in Florida court
- GOP: House to vote on Homeland bill without conditions
- Obama holding video talk with European leaders on Ukraine
- Former Vice President Al Gore reports for jury duty in Tenn.
- Clinton used personal email account as Secretary of State
- Parents who let kids walk alone to appeal in neglect case
- Mom responds after Cleveland filing blames boy for his death
- Status hearing set in Chicago in Islamic State case
- US intelligence official: Iran involved in fight against IS
- Turkey delivers military aid to Iraq
- Egypt unearths 3000-year-old tomb in southern city
- Prominent lawyer fatally shot in Mozambique
- Reports of Maggie Smith's 'Downton' exit may be premature
- Dilain, advocate for poor amid 2005 French riots, dies at 66
- South African firefighters battle wildfire for a third day
- South Sudan rebels: President needs to make more concessions
- Afghan car bomb kills 8, including civilians
- Report: As Ebola wanes, other countries remain vulnerable
- NKorea: US-South Korea drills 'unprecedentedly provocative'
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!