Saturday: A mix of sun and clouds. An afternoon high in the upper 60s and even near 70 in spots. A southwest wind at 10mph.
Saturday Night: Cloudy and dry during the evening. Some light rain possible late in the night and toward daybreak. Expect ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Woman doubted man was threat before Ga. shooting
- Audra McDonald to perform at 4th symphony gala
- Audra McDonald performs at 4th symphony gala
- Candidates qualifying for top Ga. primary races
- Candidate fields set for GA May primary elections
- Ted Turner hospitalized in Argentine capital
- NJ's Christie raises money with Georgia Gov. Deal
- Morris Brown gets court's OK to sell some property
- SC expects no delay between study and harbor work
- After remains found, ID of person still a mystery
- Army won't disclose punishment of soldier
- Sheriff: Snowmobiler dies in avalanche in Utah
- Child sex abuse suspect dies at Boston hospital
- Head of white supremacist gang admits guilt
- Obama, Germany's Merkel discuss Ukraine
- LA police officer killed in crash identified
- Border Patrol releases use-of-force guidelines
- Fla. family falls ill after eating meat with LSD
- Miss. lawmakers feel pressure over religion bill
- Police: 2 teens dead in Phoenix murder-suicide
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing
- Letter bombs found at N Ireland post offices
- Russia, Ukraine feud over sniper carnage
- Russians demonstration in support of Crimea move
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Hillary Clinton urges equality for women and girls
- Small group of protesters urge other nations to stop Crimea vote
- Statue of Egypt pharoanic princess found in Luxor
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!