Tonight: Clear and chilly with an overnight low in the city near 40. 30s away from the city. Patchy frost possible in outlying areas and local mountains.
Thursday: Sunny and a little warmer through the afternoon with a high ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Deal, Carter discuss gun laws, reforms at forum
- Group blocks Atlanta freeway in police protest
- Authorities in Ga. arrest 18 in child porn raids
- Body recovered from burned out car in Clarke Co.
- Fort Stewart deploying 32 soldiers to fight Ebola
- Georgia Aquarium says beluga whale is pregnant
- Ga. hospital to pay $8.4 million in settlement
- Feds find no violations at SC nuke fuel plant
- Deal promises review of Georgia's school funding
- Rome leaders consider trail to link area colleges
- Chicago jail escapee sentenced to 36 years
- GOP Sen. Collins, Democrat Bellows debate in Maine
- 4 candidates for NY governor debate
- Man apprehended after jumping White House fence
- Obama invites Afghanistan's new leaders to US
- AP-GfK Poll: Public wants tighter Ebola screening
- Wildlife rehab for bear found in Oregon drugstore
- Protest against police brutality blocks Ga freeway
- Vandalism reported at 5 National Parks
- Nebraska trucker returns bull mastiff to Arizona
- Canada's PM says shooting rampage was terrorism
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- No motive cited in Ottawa attack
- Gunman, soldier dead after shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Mexico: Mayor linked to deadly attack on students
- Tourists watch solar alignment in Egypt temple
- Canada had raised domestic terror threat level yesterday
- Ottawa hospital says it treated 3 shooting victims
- Witness describes shooting of soldier at Canadian war memorial
- Mexican military kills 19, suffers no casualties
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!