Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police seek answers in deaths of woman, 3 children
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- 3 sentenced in fraud scheme that used homeless people
- Macon woman trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Alabama man accused of statutory rape involving girl, 15
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press
- Famed SC civil rights protesters to have records erased
- Some students barred from basketball game due to security
- Bomb squad called to remove what appeared to be a grenade
- Gov. Nathan Deal unveils 2015 Georgia tourism guide
- Gitmo officer: limits on female guards puts mission at risk
- State Dept: Ready to meet with Gowdy on Benghazi
- No bail for former music promoter in $300M fraud case
- Mobile provider TracFone to pay $40M in federal settlement
- House passes bill aimed at expediting natural gas exports
- Firefighters rescue cows that took icy dip in Colorado pond
- Female Gitmo guard: no-touch rule diminished me as soldier
- Mom to face murder charge after dead baby found in recycling
- Warren Buffett's sister donates $100 million to Northwestern
- National leaders tell UVa sororities to avoid frat bid night
- Pet reptile not a lizard, Lithuanian student finds out
- Iran names new UN envoy after earlier pick blocked
- Egypt seeks to distance police from protester killing
- UN can't reach residents of Islamic State's de facto capital
- Yemen rebels beat, detain demonstrators in capital
- French court allows gay marriage between French, Moroccan
- Wild kangaroos in Austria? At least 1, surviving in the snow
- More resignations at top of anti-Islam organization
- Lavrov: Syrian meeting in Moscow should help peace
- 6 Bulgarians working for UN go missing in Sudan
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!