Saturday Night: A fair sky with a low in the low 50s (40s away from the city)
Sunday: Mostly sunny and even warmer. An afternoon high in the mid/upper 70s.
Partly sunny and near 80 by Monday. This trend continues ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Officer shoots teen outside stadium during game
- State plan is aimed at helping Alabama veterans
- State schools chief says he's applied for Rome job
- In Ga. Senate race, Ted Cruz stumps for Perdue
- Athens-Clarke County police name interim chief
- Democratic Rep. Barrow works for GOP votes in Ga.
- Ga. polls open statewide for Saturday voting
- Ban on plastic bags proposed for Tybee Island
- Police arrest ex-boyfriend of burned Ga. woman
- Police: metro Atlanta inmate escapes work detail
- School shooting investigation
- Gold nugget found in California finds secret buyer
- Dallas nurse who survived Ebola must wait for dog
- Hawaii officials warn of possible lava evacuation
- Darrell Wallace Jr. wins at Martinsville again
- Health care worker criticizes quarantine process
- Yosemite rangers try to keep hungry bears at bay
- Correction: US-United States-Iraq-US Death story
- US journalist says body was 'at war' with Ebola
- 3 in critical condition, 1 serious after deadly school shooting
- US: Power to visit Ebola-ravaged West Africa
- Iran hangs woman for killing alleged rapist
- Top Israeli minister: 'crisis' in US relationship
- Nanny of Venezuelan ex-minister arrested in Brazil
- Opposition rejects Mozambique's election results
- Mussolini air raid shelter opens to tourists
- Suicide attack kills 8 Shiite militiamen in Iraq
- Extremists shell northern Syrian town
- Ukraine pauses before decisive vote
- Number of Islamic extremists growing in Germany
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!