Tonight: Mostly cloudy with an overnight low in the low/mid 30s.
Friday: Partly sunny with an afternoon high in the ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah Philharmonic director takes position in California
- FDA official warns of dangers of caffeine powder
- Gwinnett County school board to vote on new attendance zones
- Audit: Fulton County IT department mismanaged contracts
- Alabama woman admits role in tax fraud
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7.2 percent
- Georgia Aquarium has new executive VP and COO
- Country artist headlines Gov. Deal inaugural gala
- GDOT restricting lane closures during holidays
- Ga. teacher pleads guilty to child porn charges
- Teen charged with robbing 99-year-old woman
- Death penalty sought in Jewish site shootings
- 2 defendants in meningitis outbreak base seek bail
- Alabama court: Running death case to continue
- Report: Radiation leak at nuclear dump was small
- Tsarnaev lawyer says he plans to seek trial delay
- Experts clash over competency in Slender Man case
- US delays release of study on 1953 Iran coup
- Veteran AP trial reporter Linda Deutsch to retire
- Mother pleads after boy, 2, kills sister with gun
- Parliament OKs German soldiers for Afghan mission
- US-Cuba rapprochement complicates LatAm politics
- UN OKs measures targeting North Korea, Iran, Syria
- Denmark targets 2 accused of jihadi propaganda
- Germany arrests 3 accused of spying for Turkey
- Aer Lingus rejects bid by British Airways parent
- Warehouse holding Ebola supplies in Guinea catches fire
- Montenegro expected to extradite 3 men to US
- UN urges Syrian warring parties to stop fighting in UN zone
- UN General Assembly OKs digital privacy resolution
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!