Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Girl, 16, killed by stray bullet that enters her home
- Police: Vet steals Humvee from Ga. base, runs from SC cops
- Man drowns in Chattahoochee River northwest of Atlanta
- Off-duty police officer, infant killed in 2-vehicle crash
- Drone supporters say ban around Georgia Capitol goes too far
- Augusta nonprofit helping students gets accreditation
- Demolition work begins on homes near Robins Air Force Base
- Study: Ga. teachers, state workers pay more for health care
- Police investigating Norcross home invasion; 1 man shot
- Kennesaw man dies of injuries from fight
- Infant found on the side of the road in Pasadena
- Boater charged after 17-year-old killed on Lake Norman
- Phoenix firefighters pull man out of chimney
- Boy, 7, killed during violent July 4 celebrations in Chicago
- Wild Walk gives NY museum visitors treetop view of forest
- Woman struck by bullet while at Pennsylvania amusement park
- To rename or not? Institutions reconsider honors for racists
- Large wave washes out Jersey shore town's fireworks display
- Haley says church shooting will forever change her outlook
- Pair of lions kept as pets by Gaza family en route to Jordan
- Indian coast guard seizes Iranian boat, arrests 12 crew
- Israeli Cabinet reverses bill easing conversion to Judaism
- Burkina Faso: Father wants justice in sex abuse case
- Israeli Cabinet reverses policy easing conversion to Judaism
- US-led coalition carries out series of deadly strikes targeting IS militants in Raqqa
- The Latest: No matter the result, Greece's way ahead unclear
- Syrian troops, Hezbollah enter rebel-held mountain resort
- Land mine blast in east Ukraine kills 5 soldiers, wounds 3
- The Latest: Solid turnout seen so far in Greek bailout vote
- San Antonio Missions receive world heritage status from UN
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!