Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia post to give Vietnam vets homecoming they never had
- 2 Fantasy 5 players each win $93,551.64 jackpot
- East Point police investigate shooting of security guard
- Man found in Chattahoochee may have fallen from boat
- Police investigate suspicious death of security guard
- Mayor: Plan for bullet train likely stopped in its tracks
- Crews pull boater's body from Chattahoochee River
- DeKalb fire officials color coding hydrants
- Plane that crashed in Perry County came from Georgia
- Reversal of Great Migration? Counties seeing racial shifts
- Calmer bike rally weekend reported at South Carolina beach
- 8 people missing as house swept away by raging Texas river
- Peeking into healthy brains to see if Alzheimer's is brewing
- WWII vet to receive honorary diploma from Ohio high school
- New Oakland police policy draws protests, some arrests
- Americans mark Memorial Day
- 2nd night of Oakland protests
- Study: High altitude may boost babies' risks for SIDS deaths
- Man, boy dead in cherry picker accident in Albuquerque
- Study: Many hospitals stop giving free formula to new moms
- Tornado kills 10 in Mexican border city of Ciudad Acuna
- Russia launches massive air force exercise with 250 aircraft
- Opposition leader says Burundi not ready for polls
- Gunman, 7 others killed in Tunis barracks shooting
- Candlelight vigil marks 1 month since deadly Nepal quake
- Earthquake shakes buildings in Tokyo
- Turkey: Kurdish rebels attack military base; no casualties
- Turkey, US to provide air protection to Syrian rebels
- Anti-eviction campaigner promises change in Barcelona
- Burkina Faso to exhume grave of Thomas Sankara, colleagues
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!