Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- `I am an American' says man who tried to join Islamic state
- Ex-prison guard accused of forcing inmates to have sex
- Fire crews find body while dousing blaze at mobile home
- Residents say sweltering heat persists at Atlanta apartments
- Stray bullet kills woman, 81, as she played cards on porch
- Plans for Army base could include museum, amphitheater
- Augusta VA employee jailed, accused of violating bond
- Funeral set for Naval officer slain in Tennessee attack
- Police: 2 dead bodies found inside Norcross home
- Precautionary boil water advisory lifted in DeKalb County
- Oklahoma day care closes after reports of sunburned children
- FBI: Islamic State sympathizer charged in backpack bomb plot
- FBI: Packages sent to Oregon sheriffs were not toxic
- Cat found alive aboard sunken boat pulled from Lake Havasu
- GOP: Still no deal on Clinton testimony to Benghazi panel
- Colorado history class review leads to recall effort
- Man accused in African lion death thought hunt was legal
- Boy who lost limbs to infection gets double-hand transplant
- 2 sets of human remains found during search for missing boy
- Pollard to be paroled in November
- 2 Canadian men get 12-year sentences in Ponzi scheme
- The Latest: Iraqi PM speaks out against Turkish airstrikes
- Critically endangered northern white rhino dies at Czech zoo
- Jordan court sentences 12 in alleged Hamas plot
- Desmond Tutu returns for treatment in South African hospital
- US Navy examines health concerns near Guantanamo court
- Slovenia appoints ICJ head as arbitration representative
- The Latest: UN panel: Jihadi threat is global problem
- Sweden says underwater wreck likely WWI Russian submarine
- Syrian insurgents capture strategic hills, power station
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!