Today: Windy and cold. Some flurries and snow showers ending. An afternoon high in the mid/upper 40s. A north wind creating a Wind Chill in the 30s. Wind North 15-30 mph.
Tonight: Clearing and much colder with freezing ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- The "Lucky Money" jackpot rolled over to $800,000 after no winner claimed the jackpot.
- 1 Fantasy 5 player wins $221,031.55 jackpot
- Ga. man gets 19 years in prison for molesting girl
- Man charged in officer shooting says he has PTSD
- Snow seen in north Ga. as winter freeze hits early
- Police bust prostitution ring in metro Atlanta
- Freeze watch across north and central Georgia
- Clinton: Ga. Senate race vote on promise of future
- Old DeKalb County jail burns again
- Jury deliberations begin in band hazing trial
- Reunion for Dallas nurse who survived Ebola, dog
- 1 Dem Senate candidate welcoming Obama's help
- New question in Texas: Can Davis survive defeat?
- California storm wets Giants parade, heads south
- Report says 60,000 veterans get triple benefits
- It's time to fall back an hour, get extra shut-eye
- 2 children, woman hit by car in Halloween crash
- AP-AM Prep-Scores and Skeds
- Nurse free to move about as restrictions eased
- 'We just had a hunch': US marshals nab Eric Frein
- Spain police nab 19 suspected of trafficking women
- Boko Haram leader threatens to kill German hostage
- UN panel scrambling to finish climate report
- 8 convicted for alleged same-sex wedding in Egypt
- Russia's top radio station slapped by government
- Bikers cancel party after police recover bar
- Cruise ship stuck off Norway, no damage
- UN: At least 1,273 Iraqis killed in October
- 2nd soldier claims presidency in Burkina Faso
- UK warns travelers they could be terror targets
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!