Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Investigator: 28 forged docs in registration probe
- GA medical center giving free take-home drug tests
- Sale of Rogers' Rangers New York site is completed
- Searchers look for plane in southeast Ala
- Teen accused of bringing gun into school cafeteria
- Savannah considers heat rules for carriage horses
- Man convicted of 1998 killing dies in prison
- UGA to draft preservation plan for school property
- Man found dead in suspicious fire south of Atlanta
- UGA garden to host Shakespeare's plants lecture
- Closing arguments set in Rowland trial
- Scientists monitoring Hawaii lava undertake risks
- APNewsBreak: Border Patrol to test body cameras
- Over 2,000 homes threatened in California fire
- Iran rules out cooperating with US in Iraq
- Over 1,600 homes threatened in California fire
- Journalists criticize White House for 'secrecy'
- First lady visits St. Jude Hospital in Memphis
- Wallenda: Spectacle, legacy inspire Chicago walk
- 46 years later, owner to get stolen Jaguar back
- Japan, neighbors agree to moves to protect eels
- Australian leader warns of planned attack
- US official: Venezuela fighting drug trafficking
- Japan trade deficit falls to $8.8B as imports ebb
- Arrests made in Australian counterterrorism raids
- Israeli rising star quits politics
- Ukraine's president addresses Canadian Parliament
- More civilian deaths in eastern Ukraine
- UN: Syrian militants kept weapons of Fijian troops
- 2 bombings kill at least 11 in Iraq
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!