Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Pilot killed in Pickens County plane crash identified
- Father, sons sentenced for roles in a shooting at motel
- Former Georgia doctor guilty of distributing painkillers
- Macon suspect says she shot her boyfriend in self-defense
- Flames engulf motorcyclist and his bike at gas station
- Shooter opens fire on taxicab in Atlanta, wounding passenger
- MARTA police offer safety service to protect fearful patrons
- Pilot killed in Pickens County plane crash
- Autopsy: Football player's death due to heart disease
- Man charged with raping fiancTe's 12-year-old daughter
- US weighing Russian response on flight safety guildlines
- Prison garb mix-up means more coats for the homeless
- Shark bites surfer on Oahu's North Shore
- The Latest: Prosecutor says campus shooting not self-defense
- Face-down dummy Halloween prank prompts repeated 911 calls
- Prosecutors play back ex-coal CEO's phone calls at trial
- All clear after search for 'aggressor' on Louisville campus
- Report finds improper use of Park Service lodge in Wyoming
- Ex-cop accused of hitting man pleads guilty to lesser charge
- US Border Patrol agent pleads not guilty in shooting of teen
- Cuba submits latest draft UN resolution against US embargo
- Suspected jihadists attack central Mali, kill official
- The Latest: Obama praises Nobel Peace Prize choice
- Turkish journalist detained for tweets critical of president
- The Latest: Czechs beef up policing along Austrian border
- Sweden thrown into political uncertainty
- UN rejects $15 million offer from foundation under scrutiny
- Pope turns bishops' attention to family crises in Mideast
- UNESCO: Most nations fail gender parity goal for education
- Embattled former oil minister asks Nigerians for prayers
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!