Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Scientists study how rising seas will reshape Georgia coast
- Man sentenced for shooting stepfather in eye with flare gun
- Georgia-Pacific to close Wisconsin plant
- Former police officer charged with theft in federal court
- Authorities capture man in 1991 death of former girlfriend
- Health, election work elevated Jimmy Carter post-presidency
- Former sheriff's major convicted in corruption trial
- 3 convicted in anti-government militia plot receive 12 years
- 3 men sentenced to prison in anti-government militia plot
- Police investigate murder-suicide of parents in Georgia
- Customs: Beetle at Norfolk port first to be found in US
- Hundreds mourn slain 9-year-old Ferguson girl
- Missing hiker found in Sierra Nevada recovering from surgery
- Steven Sotloff's parents open up as 1-yr anniversary nears
- University of Texas removes Jefferson Davis statue
- Trash to treatise: NYC professor sees meaning in garbage
- 3 dead, 2 injured in shooting spree in Tennessee
- Cops: Maine driver cited after selfie leads to injuries
- Police investigate motive in ambush of Houston area deputy
- Global warming carving changes into Alaska in fire and ice
- Opinion polls predict tight race, fractured Parliament
- Nestle: Forced labor has no place in our food supply chain
- Bull gores 66-year-old man to death during Spanish festival
- Iran sentences 2 people to jail for spying for US, Israel
- Nigerian official: Boko Haram is trying to hit Lagos
- Pope: Let's stop crimes like deaths of migrants in trucks
- Pakistan officials: US envoy discusses Afghan peace efforts
- Plane crashes at Austrian air show, fatally injuring pilot
- Eni says it's found 'supergiant' natural gas field off Egypt
- Mortar round hits posh area of Syria's capital, child killed
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!