Thursday: Mostly sunny and warmer with an afternoon high in the mid/upper 70s. A south wind at 10-15mph.
Thursday Night: Becoming cloudy. An overnight low near 60. ... More...
Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
The MBA program at the Volkswagen Academy, an educational partnership with UTC, is up and running using EPB’s 100% fiber optic high speed connection. The program offers a real-time video and audio connection between the Volkswagen Academy and UTC, a distance of 12 miles, for more than twenty post-grad students from nine different Chattanooga companies.
“We are very pleased that the enrollment has gone so well and that we have added yet another program to our offerings at the Volkswagen Academy,” said Hans-Herbert Jagla, EVP of Human Resources at Volkswagen Chattanooga. “We are also very pleased that working business professionals from other local companies were able to utilize this educational opportunity,” Jagla said.
Students include Volkswagen Chattanooga employees, but also employees of US Express, Whirlpool, Chattanooga State and Snap-On Tools, among others.
“The MBA program at Volkswagen Academy provides students living or working in the rapidly growing eastern Hamilton and Bradley counties more convenient access to UTC graduate courses,” according to Dr. Robert Dooley, College of Business Dean at UTC.
The curriculum follows the existing UTC MBA program consisting of 12 courses, with most working students taking 2 classes per semester allowing them to complete the program in approximately 2 years. Applications are now being accepted for the spring semester beginning in early January.
The classes are held in specialized rooms equipped with high-speed internet, video conferencing and highly-sensitive sound equipment. These tech features make the experience seem as if the students are in the same room with the professor, who is at UTC’s main campus downtown. Volkswagen MBA Program Links UTC to Enterprise South
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
ATLANTA (AP) -- A collaborative of Georgia journalism schools and news organizations will use a $35,000 grant to train investigative reporters.
- Ga. journalism collaborative awarded $35 million
- Ga. Republican's ad blames 'immoral' debt on Obama
- Amber Alert issued for 2-year-old girl
- Boy says he sang gospel song, abductor freed him
- Deal signs bill expanding gun rights in Georgia
- Deal set to sign bill expanding gun rights in Ga.
- More guilty pleas planned in dog fighting probe
- Savannah beekeeper rescues swarm at restaurant
- Georgia man pleads not guilty in deadly ND crash
- Correction officer held by inmates at Ohio jail
- Oregon gay marriage ban gets day in court
- Ohio women held captive seek Joan Rivers' apology
- Transcript: Man shot by US marshal vowed to behave
- Defense: FBI probe in 9/11 trial has implications
- US Sen. Boozman recovering from heart surgery
- James Holmes' attorneys appeal sanity exam order
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Bashtag: NYPD Twitter campaign backfires
- Images released of shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Bolivia approves downing of drug-smuggling planes
- Chile aims to end dictatorship-era election rules
- UN denies S. Sudan government statement
- Car bomb outside Nairobi police station kills 4
- American arrested in Venezuela on murder charges
- Sherpas leave Everest, some expeditions scrap plans for climbs
- UN seeks probe of alleged chlorine gas in Syria
- Mauritanian president says he will run again
- Islamic militants detained in central Nigeria
- Tunisia divided over Jews' use of Israel passports
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!