Tonight: With the exception of an isolated evening t-shower, expect a partly cloudy and muggy night with a low in ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 09:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Pill ring trial in Mississippi pushed to December
- US Secretary of Labor to visit Atlanta
- Fire department to train at Atlanta airport
- DJJ has deputy commissioner for secure facilities
- Group rallies in Ga. to protest Missouri shooting
- GA teen found with bullets at school faces charges
- 4 accused of throwing rocks from Ga. overpass
- Heat advisory issued in middle, east Georgia
- Arrested US judge embarrassed, entering treatment
- Rapper Gucci Mane sentenced on federal gun charge
- Officer involved in Wal-Mart shooting back on job
- Quieter night in Ferguson, with fewer protesters
- Many police killings, but only Ferguson explodes
- Vegas offering all but marriage to LGBT tourists
- Hearing set in Amish girls' kidnapping in NY
- OSU freshman hospitalized after cardiac incident
- Guilty plea expected by friend of marathon suspect
- Palestinian banner unfurled on NYC bridge
- Israeli air strikes pound Gaza; 6 dead in Rafah
- Serena the singer? Tennis star does karaoke
- Irish peacemaker, ex-premier Reynolds dies at 81
- Interpol urges world response to Iraq extremists
- Group: Justice elusive year after Syria gas attack
- Indonesian police fire tear gas as poll protesters
- Police: Room disagreement preceded Bali killing
- Pakistan holds talks with opposition protesters
- With Erdogan at helm, Turkey to choose premier
- Mongolia hosts China's leader, seeks port access
- Australia cites reporter's killing in law reforms
- Tibet group says 3 more dead after police shooting
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!