This should be followed by dry and seasonal weather through midweek. Daily highs near 80 and morning lows in the upper 50s. ... More...
Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition
Two students currently in the Volkswagen Academy’s Automation Mechatronics Program (AMP) won first place in the Skills USA state competition in the Mechatronics category.
Ian Gwaltney and Ryan Womble paired up as a two-person team to solve a simulated production process problem in the Robotic and Automation Technology competition. Teams were given a problem solving exercise to create a flow chart and sequence of operations involving the functions of a robotic workcell. They were judged on efficiency, speed and teamwork.
“We are proud of these students and what they have accomplished. This shows that Volkswagen Academy has the right training programs, the right instructors and that our students can compete nationwide,” said Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager in Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy.
Volkswagen Chattanooga’s Automation and Mechatronic Program is designed to teach and give hands-on training to students in machining, electricity, pneumatics, programmable logic controllers, robotics, fault analysis and automation. For more information about the program, please go to www.ChattanoogaState.edu and then click on the Volkswagen Academy button on the main page.
Gwaltney and Womble will go to Kansas City in June to compete nationally in the National Leadership and Skills Conference for Skills USA.
Photo: From left: Ian Gwaltney, AMP Student; Ilker Subasi, Assistant Manager of Technical Training for Volkswagen Academy; Ralph Gwaltney, AMP Coordinator, Chattanooga State; Ryan Womble, AMP Student.Volkswagen Academy Students Win Competition Friday, May 3 2013, 09:47 AM EDT
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Polk County sheriff's deputy fatally shoots man
- BET Hip-Hop Awards holds taping of show in Atlanta
- Juror dismissed in trial of suspended DeKalb CEO
- Authorities ID men believed to be on missing plane
- Court to hear appeal of federal death row inmate
- UGA closer to building indoor football field
- Death penalty sought in death of Griffin officer
- Ga.'s crowdfunding backers hope to raise interest
- Clayton County police say teen hurt in dog attack
- Ga. plans to honor MIA Vietnam War service members
- Police taking precautions in ambush suspect search
- Residents return to homes as ambush suspect hunted
- 5 killed in Pennsylvania car crash, including kids
- Secret Service boosts security outside White House
- GM recalls 221,558 sedans for fire risk
- Authorities: 5 inmates escape from California jail
- Colorado officers take scores of cats from trailer
- 2 adults, 3 kids killed in Pennsylvania car crash
- Corgi owners rally around slain Bellingham dog
- Pope chooses a moderate for Chicago archbishop
- 5 inmates flee prison in Haiti; 2 recaptured
- Designers go for the flow at Milan Fashion Week
- S. Sudan mediators condemns renewed fighting
- State media: Suicide car bomber kills 3 in Lebanon
- Investigators at loss to explain Air Algerie crash
- Spain repatriates priest with Ebola from Africa
- Egypt court sentences 5 to death on terror charges
- Diplomats: Iran receptive to new nuke proposal
- 10 activists, officers killed in Libya
- NATO chief: Ukraine has cease-fire "in name only"
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!