Tuesday Night: A few t-showers are possible during the night. Partly ... More...
UTC College of Business to Begin Offering Online MBA
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) College of Business has announced that its nationally-recognized MBA program will be available online beginning in January 2014. Applications for the program are currently being accepted.
“The College of Business has long sought to meet the evolving needs of students and the business community through new program development, and the introduction of our Professional MBA is the most recent example of that,” said Dr. Robert Dooley, Dean of the College of Business. “Graduates emerge academically prepared and business-world-ready, and, since the online program will allow us to reach students outside of southeastern Tennessee for the first time, even more students will now reap the benefits such preparation provides.”
The UTC Professional MBA program offers students an experiential learning environment that bridges theoretical knowledge and practical business application. Faculty members are experts in their fields and work in collaboration with the University’s community partners to give students an understanding of the foundations of business, as well as deep, firsthand experience in the realities of business in the complex global marketplace.
The fully online program, which gives students value, flexibility, and the opportunity to apply their knowledge immediately to workplace challenges, can be completed in 16 to 24 months. Graduates will have gained strong, strategic decision-making skills; a thorough understanding of marketing, accounting, finance, and business law; practical skills in organizational, operational, financial, informational, and personnel management; and the fundamental skills for entrepreneurial success.
Like its traditional part-time and executive MBA programs, UTC’s Professional MBA is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
UTC has been included in U.S. News and World Report’s 2013 list of the top 50 regional universities in the South; the publication also named UTC a best value regional university in 2013. In addition, the College of Business was selected by the Princeton Review for inclusion in its 2013 edition of The Best 296 Business Schools and has been recognized as one of the best business schools in the nation by Bloomberg Businessweek for six consecutive years.
UTC has chosen Academic Partnerships (AP), one of the largest representatives of public universities’ online learning in the United States and around the world, to help convert the program into an online format, recruit students, and support student retention efforts. AP will work closely with faculty to ensure that the new online degree program maintains the highest educational standards. The company will also use its integrated marketing and branding strategies to extend the reach of UTC, increasing the enrollment of highly-qualified students.
UTC’s online Professional MBA program will begin in January 2014. Click here to apply or learn more about the program.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Woman sentenced in silicone injection case
- Study: Georgia disaster preparation weak for kids
- Crews search Lake Lanier for missing woman
- Storms spark lightning fires in Winder, Macon
- Georgia Tech police probe robberies of students
- Alabama man shot to death; Georgia man wounded
- Police probe stabbing of pit bull inside pet store
- Crews respond to possible drowning at Lake Lanier
- Storms spark lightning fires in Barrow County
- Inmates tend to garden at Alabama county jail
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Justice Department: Texas voter ID discriminatory
- Study links polar vortex chills to melting sea ice
- Woman sentenced in silicone injection case
- US: No wrongdoing in handling child immigrants
- Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup
- Mom of autistic girl pleads guilty to child abuse
- Flight diverted, woman removed over seat dispute
- Guardsman accused of child sex abuse due in court
- Problems abound with health law immigration papers
- Another American in Liberia contracts Ebola: Group
- UN: 4 peacekeepers killed in northern Mali, 6 hurt
- Nicaragua calls off search for 4 missing miners
- 3 Frenchmen arrested over hedgehog hunting
- Not Amused: Queen finds cell phone pics troubling
- Political skills above language for EU's Tusk
- Ontario police: Bieber charged with assault
- Sudan government closes Iranian cultural centers
- AP Interview: Iran says it disrupts nuclear plots
- Ukraine says Russian forces are in major rebel cities
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!