Tonight: Mostly cloudy with an overnight low in the low/mid 30s.
Friday: Partly sunny with an afternoon high in the ... More...
UTC College of Business to Begin Offering Online MBA
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) College of Business has announced that its nationally-recognized MBA program will be available online beginning in January 2014. Applications for the program are currently being accepted.
“The College of Business has long sought to meet the evolving needs of students and the business community through new program development, and the introduction of our Professional MBA is the most recent example of that,” said Dr. Robert Dooley, Dean of the College of Business. “Graduates emerge academically prepared and business-world-ready, and, since the online program will allow us to reach students outside of southeastern Tennessee for the first time, even more students will now reap the benefits such preparation provides.”
The UTC Professional MBA program offers students an experiential learning environment that bridges theoretical knowledge and practical business application. Faculty members are experts in their fields and work in collaboration with the University’s community partners to give students an understanding of the foundations of business, as well as deep, firsthand experience in the realities of business in the complex global marketplace.
The fully online program, which gives students value, flexibility, and the opportunity to apply their knowledge immediately to workplace challenges, can be completed in 16 to 24 months. Graduates will have gained strong, strategic decision-making skills; a thorough understanding of marketing, accounting, finance, and business law; practical skills in organizational, operational, financial, informational, and personnel management; and the fundamental skills for entrepreneurial success.
Like its traditional part-time and executive MBA programs, UTC’s Professional MBA is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
UTC has been included in U.S. News and World Report’s 2013 list of the top 50 regional universities in the South; the publication also named UTC a best value regional university in 2013. In addition, the College of Business was selected by the Princeton Review for inclusion in its 2013 edition of The Best 296 Business Schools and has been recognized as one of the best business schools in the nation by Bloomberg Businessweek for six consecutive years.
UTC has chosen Academic Partnerships (AP), one of the largest representatives of public universities’ online learning in the United States and around the world, to help convert the program into an online format, recruit students, and support student retention efforts. AP will work closely with faculty to ensure that the new online degree program maintains the highest educational standards. The company will also use its integrated marketing and branding strategies to extend the reach of UTC, increasing the enrollment of highly-qualified students.
UTC’s online Professional MBA program will begin in January 2014. Click here to apply or learn more about the program.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- FDA official warns of dangers of caffeine powder
- Gwinnett County school board to vote on new attendance zones
- Audit: Fulton County IT department mismanaged contracts
- Alabama woman admits role in tax fraud
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7.2 percent
- Georgia Aquarium has new executive VP and COO
- Country artist headlines Gov. Deal inaugural gala
- GDOT restricting lane closures during holidays
- Ga. teacher pleads guilty to child porn charges
- SC company buys downtown Atlanta shopping center
- Tsarnaev appears in court for 1st time since 2013
- Average US 30-year loan rate falls to 3.80 percent
- Water advisory continues after petroleum contamination in DC
- Feds: Uganda-based man counterfeited $2M in cash
- 3 plead not guilty to sodomizing teen in Kentucky
- Feds sue NYC over Rikers Island jail violence
- Worker spends 90 minutes stuck in mud up to waist
- Competency hearings set in Slender Man stabbing
- SpaceX delays space station delivery until Jan.
- Marathon bombing suspect due in court Thursday
- 2 more Irishmen charged in IRA home bugged by MI5
- 3 wounded as UN vehicle hits roadside bomb in northern Mali
- Cambodian villagers angry over HIV outbreak
- Militant video claims Tunisia assassinations
- Dutch secret service taps terror suspects' lawyers
- Rights group decries judges' sacking in Maldives
- Irish face new abortion row over brain-dead woman
- EU leaders meeting about Russia, jumpstarting growth
- Germany: 73 pounds of cocaine in coffee shipment
- Pakistan grants bail to main Mumbai attack suspect
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!