Today: Sunny and a little warmer through the afternoon with a high in the upper 60s. A lighter breeze from the north at 10-15.
Tonight: A clear sky with an overnight low in the mid 40s (30s possible again mountains and away ... More...
UTC College of Business to Begin Offering Online MBA
The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga (UTC) College of Business has announced that its nationally-recognized MBA program will be available online beginning in January 2014. Applications for the program are currently being accepted.
“The College of Business has long sought to meet the evolving needs of students and the business community through new program development, and the introduction of our Professional MBA is the most recent example of that,” said Dr. Robert Dooley, Dean of the College of Business. “Graduates emerge academically prepared and business-world-ready, and, since the online program will allow us to reach students outside of southeastern Tennessee for the first time, even more students will now reap the benefits such preparation provides.”
The UTC Professional MBA program offers students an experiential learning environment that bridges theoretical knowledge and practical business application. Faculty members are experts in their fields and work in collaboration with the University’s community partners to give students an understanding of the foundations of business, as well as deep, firsthand experience in the realities of business in the complex global marketplace.
The fully online program, which gives students value, flexibility, and the opportunity to apply their knowledge immediately to workplace challenges, can be completed in 16 to 24 months. Graduates will have gained strong, strategic decision-making skills; a thorough understanding of marketing, accounting, finance, and business law; practical skills in organizational, operational, financial, informational, and personnel management; and the fundamental skills for entrepreneurial success.
Like its traditional part-time and executive MBA programs, UTC’s Professional MBA is fully accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
UTC has been included in U.S. News and World Report’s 2013 list of the top 50 regional universities in the South; the publication also named UTC a best value regional university in 2013. In addition, the College of Business was selected by the Princeton Review for inclusion in its 2013 edition of The Best 296 Business Schools and has been recognized as one of the best business schools in the nation by Bloomberg Businessweek for six consecutive years.
UTC has chosen Academic Partnerships (AP), one of the largest representatives of public universities’ online learning in the United States and around the world, to help convert the program into an online format, recruit students, and support student retention efforts. AP will work closely with faculty to ensure that the new online degree program maintains the highest educational standards. The company will also use its integrated marketing and branding strategies to extend the reach of UTC, increasing the enrollment of highly-qualified students.
UTC’s online Professional MBA program will begin in January 2014. Click here to apply or learn more about the program.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Homeowner kills man during shootout near Atlanta
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate falls to 7.3 percent
- Metro Athens has lowest jobless metro jobless rate
- Senator to speak at Ga. veterans' center event
- Frost advisory issued for parts of Georgia
- Deal, Carter discuss gun laws, reforms at forum
- Group blocks Atlanta freeway in police protest
- Authorities in Ga. arrest 18 in child porn raids
- Body recovered from burned out car in Clarke Co.
- Fort Stewart deploying 32 soldiers to fight Ebola
- White House fence jumper charged with assault
- Albania, Kosovo officials visit rival Serbia
- USDA brings indoor plumbing to Alaska village
- 3 states deny gay unions despite appellate rulings
- AP-GfK Poll: Many doubt hospitals can handle Ebola
- Police track Indiana slaying suspect's movements
- PTSD argued in case of Marine jailed in Mexico
- Chicago jail escapee sentenced to 36 years
- GOP Sen. Collins, Democrat Bellows debate in Maine
- 4 candidates for NY governor debate
- NK experts: US must apologize to free detainees
- Airstrikes target oil field in eastern Syria
- Investigators detain 4 more in Moscow plane crash
- Police: Gunmen kill 8 Shiite Muslims in Pakistan
- Canada's PM says shooting rampage was terrorism
- 2 dead in shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- No motive cited in Ottawa attack
- Gunman, soldier dead after shooting attack at Canada's Parliament
- Mexico: Mayor linked to deadly attack on students
- Tourists watch solar alignment in Egypt temple
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!