Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 5 bystanders shot as dispute turns to gunfire in Savannah
- HERO worker critically injured in Atlanta freeway crash
- Boy, 3, found in lake after boat-watching trip with dad
- Marchers cross Alabama on Day 2 of 'Journey for Justice'
- Man shot to death in Hyatt Place hotel outside Atlanta
- Bobby Brown's sister vows family feud is just beginning
- William S. Morris IV named CEO of Morris Communications Co.
- Confederate flag support rally held at Stone Mountain Park
- The Latest: Memorial service for Bobbi Kristina Brown ends
- The Latest: Controversy erupts at service for Bobbi Kristina
- Most picky eating harmless but it can signal emotional woes
- Closing ceremonies held for Los Angeles Special Olympics
- New Mexico governor vows capture in church blasts
- LAPD: Albanian athlete missing from Special Olympics games
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- 2 women dead from suspected drug overdoses at music fest
- Police ID suspect in killing of officer; manhunt underway
- Police say person of interest in custody in officer killing
- Autopsy this week on firefighter killed in Calif. blaze
- 1 dead, several injured in tent collapse in suburban Chicago
- Nigeria: troops rescue 178 people, destroy extremist camps
- Monsoon rains kill more than 100 people in India
- Kerry in Qatar to ease Arab concerns about Iran nuke deal
- Monsoon rains kill more than 90 people in India
- Journalist slain in Mexico City had signs of torture
- Iran's president says nuclear deal achieves goals
- Nuns' tipoff leads Spanish police to arrest 212 for fraud
- Gypsies' plight emphasized on Roma Holocaust Day
- Mali: 2 soldiers killed in convoy ambush
- Italy honors Australian aviator killed in '33 Tuscany crash
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!