Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia parole board releases transgender inmate who sued
- The Latest: Names released in Atlanta police shootings
- The Latest: Neighbor says man shot by police was watching TV
- Missouri court throws out dispute over Ferguson prosecution
- FDA issues warning letters to powdered caffeine distributors
- Last teacher in Atlanta cheating scandal gets year in prison
- Investigators: Georgia officer likely shot by other officers
- Man dies after Ga. deputy uses Taser on him
- Cause of Cobb County apartment fire under investigation
- Immigrants with disputed status sue for GA driver's licenses
- In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alaska glacier
- Records show Washington school shooter planned killing
- Kerry to outline US assurances to Israel, Gulf to lawmakers
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Miller returns to stand
- The Latest: Supreme Court won't stop Missouri execution
- Man accused of helping student get to ISIS stays in custody
- Testimony begins in murder trial of 13-year-old Michigan boy
- Ex-student who sparked campus lockdown won't face charges
- Hiker lost 9 days in forest says she regrets leaving group
- Covered wagon overturns, snarls traffic on Arkansas highway
- UN: Gaza could be 'uninhabitable' by 2020 if trends continue
- Guinea arrests ex-wildlife director for alleged trafficking
- Charges sought against Brazil's former chief-of-staff
- Protests block Guatemala Congress as impeachment considered
- Shots fired from Syria kill Turkish soldier
- Moldovan police chief briefly detained at Moscow airport
- Canada police bring charges against Syrian in rendition case
- Israel asks UN to reject Palestinian attempt to raise flag
- Rio head vows to introduce viral testing in Olympic waters
- UK police: Mother, 4 children detained in Turkey
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!