Tonight: A fair sky and cooler with an overnight low in the mid/upper 50s.
Thursday: Sunny to partly sunny with an afternoon high in ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah considers heat rules for carriage horses
- Man convicted of 1998 killing dies in prison
- GA medical center giving free take-home drug tests
- UGA to draft preservation plan for school property
- Man found dead in suspicious fire south of Atlanta
- UGA garden to host Shakespeare's plants lecture
- Sale of Rogers' Rangers New York site nearly done
- Jimmy Carter speaks on Islamic State at forum
- 23 arrested in drug trafficking investigation
- Army National Guard troops return from Afghanistan
- Teen accused of stealing car, running over officer
- Pa. lawmaker's staffer pleads guilty in gun case
- Fatal crash hurts officer before Arizona commute
- House panel on Benghazi aims for bipartisan tone
- Senate: China hacked military contractor networks
- Texas woman set to die for starvation of child, 9
- Girl, 8, dies after nine-story fall from apartment
- 3 arraigned in disappearance of Mass. boy
- Pacific storm starts pushing rain into Arizona
- Former Ohio deputy arrested in colleague's slaying
- Researchers locate site of gas chambers in Poland
- French terror case against Iran opposition dropped
- Experts: Chopin's heart shows signs of TB
- Czechs to train Iraqi helicopter pilots
- Milestones of Scots' journey to independence vote
- Finland: 4 charged with funding Somali militants
- Germany to provide logistical help in Ebola crisis
- Gunmen capture Lebanese soldier in border town
- Qatar emir: No support for extremists
- UN envoy says Cyprus peace talks enter new phase
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!