Tonight: Mostly cloudy with an overnight low in the low/mid 30s.
Friday: Partly sunny with an afternoon high in the ... More...
Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah Philharmonic director takes position in California
- FDA official warns of dangers of caffeine powder
- Gwinnett County school board to vote on new attendance zones
- Audit: Fulton County IT department mismanaged contracts
- Alabama woman admits role in tax fraud
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7.2 percent
- Georgia Aquarium has new executive VP and COO
- Country artist headlines Gov. Deal inaugural gala
- GDOT restricting lane closures during holidays
- Ga. teacher pleads guilty to child porn charges
- Feds sue NYC over Rikers Island jail violence
- Bruce and Kris Jenner finalize divorce
- Trauma expert: Kidnapping victim can thrive
- Slain German teen's parents testify about ordeal
- Judge to decide evidence issue in gambling case
- Maine cops: Museum receptionist foiled abduction
- White House: 'Sophisticated actor' hacked Sony
- Mother pleads after boy, 2, kills sister with gun
- Hose failure blamed for gas that sickened soldiers
- Teen charged with robbing 99-year-old woman
- India's Sonia Gandhi hospitalized for infection
- Mexican legislator rescued from kidnappers
- Video claims responsibility for Tunisia killings
- India's Sonia Gandhi in hospital
- Iraqi Kurdish troops open corridor to Sinjar
- Parliament OKs German soldiers for Afghan mission
- US-Cuba rapprochement complicates LatAm politics
- UN OKs measures targeting North Korea, Iran, Syria
- Denmark targets 2 accused of jihadi propaganda
- Germany arrests 3 accused of spying for Turkey
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!