Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
Students at Georgia's public colleges and universities will see their tuition increase by $32 to $270 per semester next fall.
The Board of Regents approved tuition and fee increases Tuesday during a meeting in Savannah. Board members agreed to raise tuition by the same rates as last year, which are the lowest cost increases for attending Georgia colleges in a decade.
Tuition will rise just 2.5 percent at 27 of the state's 31 public schools -- for an increased cost of $32 to $83 for most in-state undergraduate students.
Students at the four research schools will pay more. Georgia Tech's undergraduate tuition will go up by $270 per semester. University of Georgia undergrads will pay $191 more.
Mandatory student fees at 16 schools will increase from $6 to $53.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.Tuition Increase at Georgia Colleges
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. man sentenced for shooting at fishermen's boat
- Smyrna police offering business owners escort program
- Ga. man sentenced in shooting death of 23-month-old grandson
- Teens arrested in theft of restaurant's sweet tea dispenser
- Waycross woman struck and killed by train
- Augusta aims to expand its herd of grass-gobbling goats
- Georgians to visit New York as part of crime-fighting plan
- TSU program exposes students to cutting-edge research
- Firefighters rescue puppy from 75-foot well north of Atlanta
- 2 men killed in pair of Fourth of July shootings in Columbus
- Vietnam Communist Party chief to visit Obama at White House
- Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals Court case
- After legal fight, public path to 'Billionaires' Beach' open
- California right-to-die bill struggling ahead of key vote
- Southwest Airlines: Blown tire forces return to airport
- Police: Body found in Ohio River likely capsized boat victim
- Buffalo mayor signs bill renaming Squaw Island
- Sheriff: 1 dead, 4 injured in Washington ice cave collapse
- Peterson returns to court in murder-for-hire trial
- New Orleans officer arrested for obstruction of justice
- Spain: Police arrest woman for recruiting young girls for IS
- 1 person gored in 1st bull-run of Pamplona festival
- World's oldest man dies in Japan at the age of 112
- China opens exhibition to mark the war victory over Japan
- The Latest: Pope's rustic staff is replica of previous 1
- Student activists in Thailand go before military court
- The Latest: Pope's rustic staff is replica of previous one
- The Latest: President surprises pope with big reception line
- Venezuela recalls Guyana ambassador for consultation
- Mexican teachers shear hair of those who show up for exam
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!