Tonight: A fair to partly cloudy sky with an overnight low in the upper 60s.
Friday: Sunny to partly sunny and still hot with an afternoon high in the lower 90s. A south wind at 5-10mph.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy and muggy ... More...
TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Atlanta police officer arrested in woman's death
- Little Richard not hurt in Tennessee car accident
- Rideshare company comes to Ala., Ga. college towns
- Second person arrested in taxi driver's death
- Family sues East Point after death in custody
- City moves ahead on benefits for same-sex couples
- Woman gives birth inside Walmart near Atlanta
- Sheriff's captain accused of crimes involving teen
- Ga. lane closures to be lifted for holiday weekend
- Atlanta Audubon Society plans tour
- Plane stowaway arrested in Phoenix says she's ill
- Obama taps veteran diplomat to be Afghan envoy
- Wife of Maryland U.S. Rep. Andy Harris dies
- Police: Man rams car into SC assisted living home
- 2 California counties ask to form separate state
- Museum to display 6,500-year-old human skeleton
- High school buddies followed similar path to jihad
- Flight diverts to Boston over reclined-seat upset
- Murder charge for child care worker in boy's death
- Wyoming sheriff says pastor actually shot himself
- North Korea says no cheerleaders for Asian Games
- Asian tourists injured in Canada bus crash
- Russia replies to Canada's colorful map tweet
- Ranger in Africa's oldest park wounded by grenade
- Jamaica agriculture minister dies in Florida
- Russia defends actions in Ukraine
- Dominican gov't slow to issue permits to migrants
- Pakistan army chief to mediate political crisis
- Egypt militants post beheading video
- Pope removes key Benedict XVI protege
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!