TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 1 person killed, others hurt in crash at Ga courthouse
- Scarlett O'Hara outfit could fetch $100,000 at auction
- Georgia school district hopes to implement free meal program
- Georgia school district implements new free meal program
- Animal shelter rescues baby chicks from Georgia post office
- State panel to discuss prevention of infant 'co-sleeping'
- Tybee Island prepares for 'Orange Crush' partygoers
- Jury indicts 3 in killing of Univ. of Georgia student
- Ga. city rejects $90 million water park resort proposal
- Carter Center to observe Guyanese election
- Attorneys seek dismissal of charges in Islamic State case
- Hawaii telescope builders again extend construction timeout
- Judge OKs bail for 2 accused of supporting Islamic State
- Gas-line blast closes major highway, injures at least 11
- 2 convicted of desecrating Illinois cemetery get prison time
- Man pleads not guilty in killing of missing girlfriend
- Storm diverts Oklahoma-bound Seattle elephants to San Diego
- The Latest: White House hopefuls gather in New Hampshire
- 2nd arrests made in fatal shooting of university student
- Ex-police commander accused of torture decries reparations
- Colombia's president wants rebels to set deadline for peace
- Iran urges UN to try to end Saudi-led bombing in Yemen
- Canada charges 4 British Navy sailors with sex assault
- UN weather agency scratches 'Isis' from storm name list
- At least 40 dead in Baghdad bombings
- Germany flies over 100 people from Yemen to Djibouti
- Migrants burned in Libyan gas explosion arrive in Italy
- Al-Qaida in Yemen takes massive weapons depot from army
- Some Ugandan Muslims retreat in fear amid police hunt
- Bosnians hope to break world record for biggest chicken stew
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!