TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia exports total $39.4 billion in 2014
- Newnan City Council votes to equip police with body cameras
- Forecasters warn that melting snow will refreeze on roads
- GA House passes $44.6 billion state budget for Senate review
- Cobb County police probe killing of man
- Colorado sheriff offers safe zones to complete online sales
- Boy, 14, wounded in 1 of 2 shootings into homes in Savannah
- Amtrak cancels trains between DC, Norfolk, Va., due to snow
- More than 6,000 without power in north Georgia
- Atlanta airport returns to normal operations after storm
- Parents of slain journalist James Foley: US should do more
- Officials: Stolen Picasso smuggled into US, labeled 'craft'
- Los Angeles police ID suspect in fatal street race
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Col. Paul Green, member of Tuskegee Airmen, dies at 91
- Grand jury: SC father strangled 4 children, beat 1 to death
- Arkansas court affirms class-action status in tobacco suit
- Official: Remains of 3 recovered from Washington state fire
- Some Mexicans to be given another chance to stay in US
- Bonds reduced for 4 accused in staged Missouri kidnapping
- Venezuela newspaper that opposed Chavez ends daily edition
- Unidentified attackers hack US blogger to death in Dhaka
- Gunman kills 4 in South Korean city: report
- Costa Rica says Romanian hanged himself on airline flight
- Imprisoned Mexican drug suspects complain of poor conditions
- Migrants in Puerto Rico illegally can now open bank accounts
- UN envoy heads to Damascus to pursue Aleppo truce plan
- Lawyer for Al-Jazeera journalist blasts Canadian government
- Reports say 'Jihadi John' was raised in UK, studied computers
- Chile government rejects 14 year-old's plea for euthanasia
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!