TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
Tennessee American Water announced Monday that applications are now being accepted for the company’s 2014 Environmental Grant Program awards. The grant awards will be available in Tennessee American Water service areas in Tennessee and North Georgia. Tennessee American Water’s Environmental Grant Program is aimed at supporting local organizations with environmentally focused initiatives. For the past few years, the grant program has offered funds for innovative, community-based environmental projects that improve, restore or protect the watersheds, surface water and/or groundwater supplies through partnerships with local organizations. “Tennessee American Water is committed to ensuring water quality through testing and treatment, as well as through consumer education and community source protection programs,” said Kevin Rogers, Operations Manager. “We are all environmental stewards in protecting our water supplies, and this program is one way we help our community play an active role.” In 2013, Tennessee American Water awarded a total of four projects throughout its service area grant money totaling more than $8,715. Organizations that received environmental grants in 2013 included Chattanooga Girls Leadership Academy, Lookout Mountain Conservancy, Wild South and Tennessee Aquarium. To qualify, proposed projects must:
• Address a source water or watershed protection need in the community
• Be completed between May 1, 2014 and November 30, 2014
• Be a new or innovative program for the community, or serve as a significant expansion to an existing program
• Be carried out by a formal or informal partnership between two or more organizations
• Provide evidence of sustainability (continued existence after the American Water grant monies are utilized)
• Be located within a Tennessee American Water service area
For more information, please visit www.amwater.com/EnvironmentalGrantProgram or contact Daphne Kirksey, External Affairs Manager, at email@example.com or 423-771-4750. Applications must be postmarked by March 31, 2014 and recipients will be notified by April 14, 2014.TAWC Accepting Applications for Grants
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Second teen charged in Georgia Wal-Mart rampage
- Effort to remove GA prosecutor from jail death case blocked
- No injuries reported in Savannah truck explosion
- Man shot to death in southwest Atlanta nightclub identified
- 2 charged in slaying of Fayetteville restaurant manager
- Arrest made in 2013 shooting of south Georgia mayor
- Major leaves Fort Benning for new assignment at Fort Stewart
- Police investigate after truck explodes in downtown Savannah
- DeKalb police investigate after man shot while walking
- Atlanta airport anticipates busy holiday travel weekend
- Thousands truckin' to Chicago for final Grateful Dead shows
- VA hospital that once treated Civil War veterans could close
- Could insulin pills prevent diabetes? Big study seeks answer
- Sheriff's officer: Man accused of killing parents kills self
- Fireworks-filled van explodes on California freeway
- Police detain man found in NC mall with rifle, ammunition
- Colorado camp resort for pot users falls through
- Doctor linked to Sen. Menendez released from jail
- Wife of Massachusetts man killed by police decries shooting
- Connecticut town's Boom Box Parade celebrates 30th year
- Explosion at chemical plant in South Korea kills 5 workers
- China says 6.5 quake hits far western region of Xinjiang
- 3 days before pope visit, Ecuador protests aim at president
- Bill Clinton visits Vietnam to mark 20th anniversary of ties
- Cash-strapped UN food agency reduces help to Syrian refugees
- Homemade explosive wounds 5 in Colombian capital, police say
- Saudi-led strikes target Yemen rebel camps, kill 8 in Sanaa
- UN observers say Burundi elections on Monday were not free
- Leopard mauls guide's arm in attack in South African park
- Documents: Mexican army ordered troops to 'kill criminals'
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!