Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
The top academic seniors in Hamilton County Schools will be honored on Tuesday, April 10, at the 31st Annual Superintendent’s Honors Banquet.The celebration, sponsored by Hamilton County School’s Fund for Excellence, is scheduled for 7 p.m. at the Chattanooga Convention Center. The annual tribute recognizes the top 10% of each graduating class at Hamilton County’s 17 high schools. Participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester. This year 264 students will be honored.
“It is a privilege for me to recognize these students for their outstanding academic achievements,” Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith said. “These students are the future of our community and they are being honored as the best of our senior class. Their accomplishments in high school will serve them well as they build on the foundation of their education in Hamilton County Schools.”
During the celebration, students will hear from the Fund for Excellence President Mike Reed, School Board Chairman Mike Evatt, and County Mayor Jim Coppinger. Claude Ramsey, Deputy Governor and Chief of Staff for the State of Tennessee, will be the keynote speaker for the evening.Along with a certificate commemorating their accomplishments, each student will receive a certificate giving them the opportunity to come back to Hamilton County as a teacher upon successful completion of college and Tennessee teaching license requirements.“These students exemplify all we look for in a quality teacher,” Rick Smith said about giving each of the students a certificate for a teaching contract. “We hope they will return to Hamilton County to share a bit of their excellence with our students after they complete their education and consider their future opportunities.”Superintendent's Honors Banquet Will Honor Top Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Family says Georgia man missing after Nepal earthquake
- Singer Jamie Barton wins the 'Heisman Trophy' of music
- At Civil War's end, a steamboat disaster that history forgot
- Former president Carter reflects before milestone mission
- Police say Lil Wayne tour bus struck by bullets
- 2 killed in northwest Atlanta shooting
- 2 Savannah policemen among Reservists going to Middle East
- Savannah police investigating shooting, crash
- FAA inspector charged with dodging security; caught with gun
- Man shot in chest in Macon
- Long odds for insanity defense in theater shooting trial
- Japan's prime minister kicks off US visit in Boston
- Deaths rise, aid flown in after Nepal quake: Things to Know
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Gorkha toll could change picture
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: Entire army involved in rescue
- Hawaii telescope website taken down in apparent cyberattack
- The Latest: Air of uneasy calm, uncertainty over Kathmandu
- The Latest: Facebook activates Safety Check for Nepal
- US gas prices jump 13 cents a gallon; could go slightly up
- Family, friends in Baltimore mourn death of arrested man
- Bomb kills 5 in southern Afghanistan, clashes in north
- Sri Lanka's Parliament debates presidential powers
- Soldiers clear ash from around Chile's Calbuco volcano
- Thailand seizes 3 tons of elephant tusks smuggled from Kenya
- By BINAJ GURUBACHARYA and KATY DAIGLE
- Australia says Indonesia gave 72 hours notice of executions
- Official: Palestinian operatives helped free Syria hostages
- Palestinian official skeptical about next Israeli government
- Saudi Arabia: Military training aircraft crashes, killing 2
- France detains second suspect in thwarted attack probe
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!