Tonight: Mostly cloudy with an overnight low in the low/mid 30s.
Friday: Partly sunny with an afternoon high in the ... More...
Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- FDA official warns of dangers of caffeine powder
- Gwinnett County school board to vote on new attendance zones
- Audit: Fulton County IT department mismanaged contracts
- Alabama woman admits role in tax fraud
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7.2 percent
- Georgia Aquarium has new executive VP and COO
- Country artist headlines Gov. Deal inaugural gala
- GDOT restricting lane closures during holidays
- Ga. teacher pleads guilty to child porn charges
- SC company buys downtown Atlanta shopping center
- Tsarnaev appears in court for 1st time since 2013
- Average US 30-year loan rate falls to 3.80 percent
- Water advisory continues after petroleum contamination in DC
- Feds: Uganda-based man counterfeited $2M in cash
- 3 plead not guilty to sodomizing teen in Kentucky
- Feds sue NYC over Rikers Island jail violence
- Worker spends 90 minutes stuck in mud up to waist
- Competency hearings set in Slender Man stabbing
- SpaceX delays space station delivery until Jan.
- Marathon bombing suspect due in court Thursday
- 2 more Irishmen charged in IRA home bugged by MI5
- 3 wounded as UN vehicle hits roadside bomb in northern Mali
- Cambodian villagers angry over HIV outbreak
- Militant video claims Tunisia assassinations
- Dutch secret service taps terror suspects' lawyers
- Rights group decries judges' sacking in Maldives
- Irish face new abortion row over brain-dead woman
- EU leaders meeting about Russia, jumpstarting growth
- Germany: 73 pounds of cocaine in coffee shipment
- Pakistan grants bail to main Mumbai attack suspect
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!