Tonight: (Fall begins at 10:29pmET) Clear and much cooler with an overnight low in the ... More...
Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Authorities investigating fuel truck fire in Macon
- Police: Man falls from dock, drowns in Lake Lanier
- New Ga. lobbying rules allow for summer travel
- Cobb police investigating fatal shooting
- Ga. agency says photo IDs will cost $7.7 million
- Police: Body left near railroad tracks in Atlanta
- University of Georgia to celebrate centennial
- Emory to celebrate life and work of Seamus Heaney
- Polk County sheriff's deputy fatally shoots man
- BET Hip-Hop Awards holds taping of show in Atlanta
- Obama and immigration: High hopes, a mixed record
- Syria vote isn't last word from Congress on war
- White House intruder expected to appear in court
- Del. authorities: Bus overturns, 2 dead, injuries
- Police find rifle carried by ambush suspect
- 7 injured when fueling boat catches fire in Boston
- 3 Afghan soldiers missing from Cape Cod base
- Checkpoints around White House may be coming
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- California authorities capture 5th jail escapee
- New Afghan leader to name woman to Supreme Court
- New Afghan president, but vote totals kept secret
- Spanish priest with Ebola flown back to Madrid
- China reveals cases of torture in police detention
- Pakistan appoints new spy chief
- Egypt militants claim blast near foreign ministry
- Group: Tibetan student dies after self-immolation
- New Zealand leader wants flag vote held next year
- Fiji election results confirm big win to ruler
- China says 2 killed, many injured in explosions
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!