Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the low to mid 90s. Light South wind.
Tonight: A fair to partly cloudy sky with an overnight low in the upper 60s.
Humidity levels continue to climb for Friday and into the Labor Day weekend. ... More...
Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
A Rossville school bus full of young elementary students went through what parents are calling a nightmare, last Tuesday.
Their bus had to be towed, not once, but twice as they tried to make it home on the icy roads.
At one moment, the bus rolled backwards down a hill hitting two parked cars.
Several high school students helped keep the younger children calm during all of the chaos.
knew we were going to be there for a while, and then we heard the kids
crying. We had to do what we could to keep them calm and safe," said
Kayla Wells, a sophomore at Ridgeland High School.
coincidence, the bus landed at the foot of the drivers home. His
neighbors allowed students to come into their home, eat and use the
"We're really thankful for everyone, and the
neighborhood, and for everyone coming out and helping us with the kids,"
Parents wanted to show their appreciation to the bus driver, neighbors, and high school students for their help. Students Stay Calm in Face of Storm
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Woman gives birth inside Walmart near Atlanta
- Sheriff's captain accused of crimes involving teen
- Ga. lane closures to be lifted for holiday weekend
- Atlanta Audubon Society plans tour
- Police: Man shot by officer after stabbing another
- Ga. study committee examines medical marijuana
- Ala. man sentenced in illegal pesticide case
- Authorities say officer fired after being cut
- Education secretary plans visit to Georgia
- Pastor defies town's rules, puts up large sign
- Santa Fe City Council votes to decriminalize pot
- Revised estimate of Q2 growth likely to stay solid
- Omaha police bullet kills `Cops' film crew member
- University bets $10 million on poor city's kids
- Woman IDs dead, learns about Native beliefs
- Tripping seniors on purpose to stop future falls
- Survey: Americans' pessimism on economy has grown
- Deal reached to sell supermarket chain to ex-CEO
- Pediatric nurse charged with molesting 2-month-old
- Boston suspect's sister charged in NY bomb threat
- Strategic Ukraine town under rebel control
- Egypt raises new charge against ex-president Morsi
- China vows to respond to US surveillance flights
- Indonesia, Australia sign new security agreement
- Filipino bishops to counter Islamic State group
- France rules out Assad as partner in terror fight
- Poll: Israelis skeptical of PM Gaza victory claim
- Turkey's Erdogan to be sworn in as president
- Australia, Malaysia reach search cost-sharing deal
- 6 dead, 21 missing in landslide in southwest China
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!