Tonight: Mostly cloudy with an overnight low in the low/mid 30s.
Friday: Partly sunny with an afternoon high in the ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah Philharmonic director takes position in California
- FDA official warns of dangers of caffeine powder
- Gwinnett County school board to vote on new attendance zones
- Audit: Fulton County IT department mismanaged contracts
- Alabama woman admits role in tax fraud
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7.2 percent
- Georgia Aquarium has new executive VP and COO
- Country artist headlines Gov. Deal inaugural gala
- GDOT restricting lane closures during holidays
- Ga. teacher pleads guilty to child porn charges
- Feds sue NYC over Rikers Island jail violence
- Bruce and Kris Jenner finalize divorce
- Trauma expert: Kidnapping victim can thrive
- Slain German teen's parents testify about ordeal
- Judge to decide evidence issue in gambling case
- Maine cops: Museum receptionist foiled abduction
- White House: 'Sophisticated actor' hacked Sony
- Mother pleads after boy, 2, kills sister with gun
- Hose failure blamed for gas that sickened soldiers
- Teen charged with robbing 99-year-old woman
- India's Sonia Gandhi hospitalized for infection
- Mexican legislator rescued from kidnappers
- Video claims responsibility for Tunisia killings
- India's Sonia Gandhi in hospital
- Iraqi Kurdish troops open corridor to Sinjar
- Parliament OKs German soldiers for Afghan mission
- US-Cuba rapprochement complicates LatAm politics
- UN OKs measures targeting North Korea, Iran, Syria
- Denmark targets 2 accused of jihadi propaganda
- Germany arrests 3 accused of spying for Turkey
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!