Saturday: Cloudy and breezy at times. Still some light rain possible east and south. Some clearing of the sky later in the day with a high in the mid/upper 60s. A northeast wind at 10-20mph.
Saturday Night: Gradual clearing and cool with an overnight ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police probe drowning death in Lake Lanier
- Police probe Saturday slaying of Kennesaw man
- Police recover stolen House clerk's car in Atlanta
- Crews plan repairs for water main break in Atlanta
- Registration deadline to vote in primary near
- Zoo Atlanta has warthog births for spring
- Search launched for dean of UGA Graduate School
- Peach returning to name of Atlanta bowl game
- Public memorial for Herb Emory set for Saturday
- 2 convicted in child's death at Georgia daycare
- 4 dead, 2 hospitalized after car hits taxi near Houston
- Texas search group, FAA, at odds over drone use
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Golden eagle found dead in Wyoming ties for second-oldest
- NASA's space station Robonaut finally getting legs
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Range showdown draws armed supporters to Nevada
- Va. Beach mulls arena that could lure NBA, NHL
- Asia seeks Obama's assurance in territorial spats
- Time not on side of Russia-Ukraine detente deal
- Bombs targeting soldiers, shoppers kill 11 in Iraq
- Ministry: 2 killed in apparent Bahrain car bombing
- Confirmed death toll climbs to 33; about 270 missing
- Search teams recover body of 13th Sherpa; three still missing
- Man arrested over murder of ex-IRA leader
- Al-Qaida chief blesses attacks on Egypt security
- Iran general urges Tehran to make new UN pick
- 4 French journalists held hostage in Syria freed
- Car bomber kills 6 at Syrian government checkpoint
- More dives planned; Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!