Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah police investigating death of Colombian man
- Governor staff raises exceed those for teachers, others
- Muscogee schools, CSU partner on science, math, tech program
- No charges for lobbyist who brought gun to Capitol
- After escape, man faces new charge: stealing handcuffs
- Savannah-Chatham begins new police chief search
- Savannah police investigating death of Columbian man
- Ga. man sentenced to life on child molestation charges
- Atlanta planning event to commemorate Selma march
- Hardman Farm, new Georgia historic site, to open next week
- A mix of weather being felt across the country
- Rand Paul wins straw poll
- Biden welcomes pending passage Ukrainian economic plan
- Homicide leads Arizona police to arrest man in 2 killings
- Officer hospitalized after she's struck, dragged by car
- Senator: Venezuela frees 4 North Dakota missionaries
- Police: Man, 60, crushed to death at Ohio machine shop
- Christie to Calif. Republicans: No rush to pick 2016 nominee
- Excommunicated Mormon loses her final appeal
- Canada border hours worry residents in small Alaska town
- Brazil arrests US sect leader wanted on sex charges
- Venezuela to limit US diplomat number, require tourist visas
- Chile's president meets with ailing teen who asked to die
- Blasts from women suicide bombers kill 4 in north Nigeria
- Greek police arrest 2 suspected members of anarchist group
- Police in German city warn of potential extremist threat
- Sierra Leone registers rise in new Ebola cases
- Ukrainian photojournalist killed in shelling in restive east
- Iran offers to protect Iraqi artifacts after militant attack
- German-based anti-Islam group holds first rally in England
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!