Monday: Isolated showers ending early then partly cloudy and warmer with highs in the 60s.
Gradually cooler Tuesday and Wednesday with highs ... More...
Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Tornado warning issued in central Georgia
- Boy dies after being hit by car in Alabama
- 12-year-old boy fatally shot in Savannah
- Forecasters warn of heavy rain, damaging wind in Georgia
- State details project list of affordable housing
- Atlanta's Fernbank Museum set to expand
- EPA proposes plan to clean contaminated Ga. marshland
- GA lawmaker wants schools to go digital by 2020
- Mourners gather to remember ex-Gov. Sanders
- Body of missing Georgia man found in NC
- Uncertainty fuels speculation on Ferguson decision
- Judge to rule on 1979 missing boy case confession
- US judge to sentence reputed drug-lord lieutenant
- First lady attends Princeton women's hoops game
- Baby girl accidentally shot in New York City home
- Kassig recalled as man who sought to help others
- Joey Chestnut devours turkey to win eating contest
- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry dies at 78
- Veteran journalist, educator Michael Shanahan dies
- DA to dismiss ticket in wreck that killed family
- Israel police: Palestinian youth attacked by Jews
- Australian leader's 'shirtfront' gets new meaning
- Dozens take refuge from Japan quake aftershocks
- Afghan official: suicide attack toll at least 50
- Philippine court convicts 9 Chinese of poaching
- British banker can plea in HK murder case: Judge
- Crew blasts off for International Space Station
- Burkina Faso military gets key posts in Cabinet
- Tunisia polls give ex-regime figure the edge
- Evacuations in Cape Verde after volcano erupts
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!