Students Recycle in High Fashion
It was a "standing room only" crowd at New Hope Middle School in Whitfield County Tuesday night when students in Connections classes were featured during the school's annual Performance of Learning.
The evening began with the designs of our visual arts students showcased in the Recycle Runway. Students designed, created, and modeled their *fashion forward* designs, all made from completely recycled materials.
Students used plastic drink bottles, newspapers, bottle caps, CDs, aluminum foil, gum and candy wrappers, trash bags, and cardboard to make a variety of outfits inspired by everything from superheroes to Coca-Cola.
Guests heard performances by New Hope's chorus, several selections from the beginning band, a performance by the combined 7th and 8th grade bands, topped off with a set by the jazz band.
Students studying service learning were also at the event to collect non-perishables, canned food, and monetary donations to help local families this Christmas.
Students Recycle in High Fashion
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man finds part of human skull on beach; identity is mystery
- Tennessee police cancel Amber Alert for 14-year-old girl
- Pregnant woman shot to death in west Georgia
- Ga. man sentenced for shooting at fishermen's boat
- Smyrna police offering business owners escort program
- Ga. man sentenced in shooting death of 23-month-old grandson
- Teens arrested in theft of restaurant's sweet tea dispenser
- Waycross woman struck and killed by train
- Augusta aims to expand its herd of grass-gobbling goats
- Georgians to visit New York as part of crime-fighting plan
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Storm brings flash flooding to Las Vegas
- New Orleans: Officer arrested for obstruction of justice
- Thousands of birds abandon eggs, nests on Florida island
- South Carolina Senate votes to take down Confederate flag
- Vietnam Communist Party chief to visit Obama at White House
- Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals Court case
- After legal fight, public path to 'Billionaires' Beach' open
- California right-to-die bill struggling ahead of key vote
- Southwest Airlines: Blown tire forces return to airport
- Tunisian govt defends emergency measures
BERLIN (AP) -- The United Nations' human rights office says the number of civilians killed in three months of violence in Yemen has risen above 1,500.
- The Latest: Germany's Schaeuble opposes Greek debt cut
- Prosecutors seek 3 1/2 years in prison for ex-Auschwitz guard
- Greek coast guard search for missing migrants after sinking
- Turkish Airlines plane diverted to New Delhi over bomb scare
- Militants attack government-held neighborhood in north Syria
- The Latest: Greece faces 'nightmarish dysfunctionality'
- Ultra-Orthodox Israeli minister slams Reform Judaism members
- 2 Americans, 1 Briton gored in 1st Pamplona bull-run
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!