Today: Mostly sunny and less humid. Hot, with an afternoon high in the upper 80s to near 90. A Northwest wind at 5 mph.
Tonight: A fair sky with an overnight low in the mid/upper 60s.
Saturday: Sunny ... More...
St. Peter's Episcopal Announces New Head of School
St. Peter’s Episcopal School’s board of Trustees is pleased to announce the appointment of Donna S. Mallett, Ed. S. as the new Head of School.
Mrs. Mallett brings more than 20 years of education experience to St. Peter’s. Most recently, she served as Principal at Tattnall Square Academy in Macon, Georgia and also Head of School at St. George’s Episcopal School, Milner, Georgia. Her broad prior experience also includes serving as Accreditation Team Chairperson for the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SAIS) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS). Mrs. Mallett succeeds Kathy Lanza who is retiring after serving St. Peter’s for an amazing 31 years.
Bill Winchester, chair of St. Peter’s Board of Trustees, offers “Donna's resume, while most impressive, does little to exemplify the traits, skills, and characteristics she brings with her to St. Peter's. After just a few short weeks, students, staff, and parents are all raving about her! Her desire to reach out to make every child at St. Peter's feel special is driven by her love for education and for the future of these children. St. Peter's future is here and her name is Donna Mallett!”
The announcement concludes a long search process by a search committee composed of members of the Board of Trustees, faculty, parents and parents of alumni guided by consultants from the Independent School Counsel (ISC), the Southeast's leading independent school consulting group and one of the fastest-growing school resource firms in the United States. After considering an outstanding group of candidates, Mrs. Mallett was chosen to guide, to inspire, and to lead St. Peter’s School during the next exciting phase of our future. Todd Tindall, Chair of the Search Committee, adds “replacing a high quality individual like Kathy Lanza certainly was a daunting task, but the search committee and our consultants believe we have found a dynamic leader to continue the wonderful culture and traditions of St Peters. Donna Mallett is an enthusiastic educator with outstanding qualifications with a nurturing nature. She represents all the traits you could want in a leader and is focused on putting our children's needs first.”
Mrs. Mallett earned her B.S. in Early Childhood Education from Mercer University, her Masters in Educational Leadership (M. Ed.) and her Specialist in Educational Leadership (Ed. S.) from Georgia College and State University. She began her career in the classroom teaching various K-8th grade classes before assuming an administrative role as Academic Dean. She will begin her tenure at St. Peter’s Episcopal School on January 1, 2013.
“The past two weeks have been filled with indescribable excitement as I have embraced the future as Head of School at St. Peter’s Episcopal School. My family and I view the opportunity to live and learn in this exemplary school and in the Chattanooga community as a gift of great value, one which we will cherish more and more in the days and years to come. The opportunity to lead and to serve at St. Peter’s Episcopal School allows me to pursue my passion for the education of students in an extraordinary school that has clarity of mission and a purposeful vision. The future is brimming with possibility as we begin the next chapter at St. Peter’s Episcopal School!”
Founded in 1965, St. Peter’s Episopal School is an independent, coeducational PreK through 5th grade elementary school. Guided by the vision that all children are unique, faculty and staff strive to create a space where children can discover their gifts and fulfill the school motto of “Learning to Love, Loving to Learn. For more information, please contact Rana Hill, email@example.com.
St. Peter's Episcopal Announces New Head of School
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Airport plan prompts pollution, noise concerns
- Ethics complaint filed over New York fundraiser
- Jury convicts man of killing pregnant girlfriend
- Woman shot, killed by police south of Atlanta
- Man shot in Sandy Springs dies at hospital
- UGA seeking vice president for instruction
- Atlanta federal offices to reopen after outage
- Man injured in Sandy Springs apartment shooting
- Ga. governor chides president over young migrants
- Teen's complaint seeks schooling during pregnancy
- Toddler crashes Jeep, runs home to watch cartoons
- Ex-Nevada lawmaker sentenced in California
- US Sen. Joe Manchin sued by brother over loan
- Families urge resumption of adoptions from Congo
- House to Obama: No troops to Iraq without our OK
- Hearing set in Bourbon Street fatal shooting
- Va. Gov.: Blessing more didn't die in tornado
- Obama to attend UN climate summit in September
- US clears Kuwaiti for release from Guantanamo
- Senate backs new commandant for Marine Corps
- US fighter jets escort plane back to Toronto
- Hezbollah leader vows to support Gazans
- Oil company worker from Malta is abducted in Libya
- Top German court rejects suit on Eichmann files
- Four Palestinians killed during West Bank protests
- Lunch special: Pope lines up for self-serve meal
- Gaza officials accuse Israel of war crimes at ICC
- Indian air force helicopter crash kills 7 on board
- Germany's Lufthansa to resume Tel Aviv flights
- Dutch Safety Board: 1st 'factual findings' soon
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!