Tonight: Clear and chilly with an overnight low in the city near 40. 30s away from the city.
Thursday: Sunny and ... More...
Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Rome leaders consider trail to link area colleges
- Georgia man gets 7 years in Texas weapons case
- Man charged with assault when online romance sours
- Woman, 61, killed in Kennesaw house fire
- Hallway brawls prompt new security at Ga. school
- Atlanta unveiling new customer service program
- Drone operation course to be offered at GA school
- Elections official to participate in Emory event
- Body of eastern Georgia teen found in wooded area
- Furniture retailer building west Georgia facility
- Beaten Giants fan says he wants to walk normally
- Ohio mother held dead baby while talking to police
- Bobcat that escaped from New Jersey home captured
- Attorney: North Korean detainee was treated well
- Doctors differ on preteen suspect's mental state
- New Ebola 'czar' to meet with Obama, top aides
- Survey: Harassment a common part of online life
- Ed loosens eligibility for parent loan program
- 3rd spacewalk in 3 weeks at space station
- Central Pennsylvania fire kills scores of snakes
- Albania PM seeks to ease tensions with Serbia
- Police: Soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa
- Police arrest 2 people on terror charges
- 10 men acquitted in Kurdish terror finance trial
- Police: soldier shot at war memorial in Ottawa
- Police: Man shot at war memorial in Ottawa
- Bomb explodes outside university in Egypt capital
- Iraqi Kurds authorize sending fighters to Kobani
- Iranians protest acid attacks in central city
- 9 migrants injured in Spain border fence rush
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!