Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- A look at the 2 NYC officers killed in ambush
- 13 charged in Atlanta police protest
- Man found unresponsive in truck later dies
- Charges expected in fatal Cobb County crash
- Fewer Georgians pursuing careers in education
- Company plans to rebuild GA plant damaged in fire
- States trying to lure lawyers into rural practice
- 2 dozen injured in southern Indiana bus crash
- Coach won't be sidelined by Lou Gehrig's disease
- Usher seeks restraining order against woman
- What's being said about killings of 2 NYC officers
- A look at the 2 NYC officers killed in ambush
- Timeline of events before and after NY cop deaths
- AP sources: Yates tapped for deputy AG
- Mokrzycki, former AP polling director, dies at 52
- Obama offers help to NYPD after 2 officers killed
- Killings of 2 New York officers trigger backlash
- Candles, NYPD cap mark spot of officers' deaths
- Timeline of events before, after NYPD cop deaths
- Christie to Obama: Demand Cuba return cop killer
- Exit poll: Ex-regime official is Tunisia's new president
- Egypt court bars pictures in homosexuality trial
- Egypt group to register under restrictive law
- Tunisians votes in historic presidential runoff
- Boko Haram camp dismantled in Cameroon, army says
- Gulf stocks climb with Dubai gaining 9.9 percent
- Pakistan says arrests made in Taliban school carnage
- Belarusian independent news sites blocked
- Egypt President awards medal to retired spy chief
- Greek prime minister open to 2015 early elections
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!