Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia exports total $39.4 billion in 2014
- Newnan City Council votes to equip police with body cameras
- Forecasters warn that melting snow will refreeze on roads
- GA House passes $44.6 billion state budget for Senate review
- Cobb County police probe killing of man
- Colorado sheriff offers safe zones to complete online sales
- Boy, 14, wounded in 1 of 2 shootings into homes in Savannah
- Amtrak cancels trains between DC, Norfolk, Va., due to snow
- More than 6,000 without power in north Georgia
- Atlanta airport returns to normal operations after storm
- Rock 'n' roll dreams come true for adults at Minnesota camp
- Indiana may allow 'baby boxes' for surrendering newborns
- Parents of slain journalist James Foley: US should do more
- Officials: Stolen Picasso smuggled into US, labeled 'craft'
- Los Angeles police ID suspect in fatal street race
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Col. Paul Green, member of Tuskegee Airmen, dies at 91
- Grand jury: SC father strangled 4 children, beat 1 to death
- Arkansas court affirms class-action status in tobacco suit
- Official: Remains of 3 recovered from Washington state fire
- Venezuela newspaper that opposed Chavez ends daily edition
- Unidentified attackers hack US blogger to death in Dhaka
- Gunman kills 4 in South Korean city: report
- Costa Rica says Romanian hanged himself on airline flight
- Imprisoned Mexican drug suspects complain of poor conditions
- Migrants in Puerto Rico illegally can now open bank accounts
- UN envoy heads to Damascus to pursue Aleppo truce plan
- Lawyer for Al-Jazeera journalist blasts Canadian government
- Reports say 'Jihadi John' was raised in UK, studied computers
- Chile government rejects 14 year-old's plea for euthanasia
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!