Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Sen. David Perdue tapped to lead 2 Senate subcommittees
- Georgia House leaders to introduce transportation plan
- Sen. David Perdue tapped to lead Senate subcommittee
- Convictions tossed for 9 South Carolina men who integrated lunch counter in 1961
- Relatives of GA teen found in gym mat sentenced to probation
- Clergy speak out on 'religious freedom' bill proposed in GA
- Police seek answers in deaths of woman, 3 children
- Famed SC civil rights protesters have convictions erased
- 3 sentenced in fraud scheme that used homeless people
- Macon woman trying to cross street is struck by car, killed
- Top US colleges push for more diverse students from China
- Measles outbreak with Disney park origins grows to 95 cases
- Transfer station readies for reopening amid stalled lava
- Prosecutors oppose 3rd request to move Tsarnaev trial
- Judge: Marriage licenses should be issued to gay couples
- Police: Bar fight might have involved Kentucky players
- Police: Teen fatally shot at Texas station had knife
- Rare Sierra Nevada red fox spotted in Yosemite park
- Montana oil spill cleanup to slow as river gets dangerous
- Biden: More costs for Russia unless Moscow changes course
- India fires top foreign office official
- Chilean lawmakers approve same-sex civil unions
- Source: Panama court OKs corruption probe of ex-president
- Inquest: Sydney cafT hostage killed by police bullet
- Inquest begins into deadly Sydney cafe siege
- Spain blames Israel for death of peacekeeper
- US Coast Guard rescues 2 Americans stranded on Bahamas cay
- North Korea may be restarting nuke plant: US institute
- Raul Castro: US must return Guantanamo for normal relations
- Russia urged to free Ukrainian officer on hunger strike
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!