Tonight: Some clearing and comfortable with an overnight low in the middle 60s.
A mix of sun and clouds Tuesday and Wednesday. Daily ... More...
Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Carter Center to host global health discussion
- Income inequality complicates Ga. consumption tax
- Hurricane Odile makes landfall on Mexico's Baja
- New publisher chosen for The Times of Gainesville
- 2 found dead, infant removed from Smyrna house
- Monroe County sheriff's deputy dies after shooting
- FAA, NTSB probing Ga. small plane crash
- 2 deputies wounded in Monroe County shooting
- Ga. family raises money for girl's ear surgeries
- Stronger Hurricane Odile aims at Mexico's Baja
- Civil War officer to receive Medal of Honor
- Hundreds evacuate from 3 California wildfires
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- Officials beg pastor, strip club owner to end feud
- Police: Trooper hurt in ambush conscious, talking
- Small earthquake rattles Northern California
- Hawaii road crews preparing for approach of lava
- Police seek huge boa on loose in Nampa
- Police seek huge boa on loose in Idaho
- Mayor at Star-Spangled Banner event, hospitalized
- Public praise, private Belfast funeral for Paisley
- Iran's top leader discharged from hospital
- OSCE team in east Ukraine comes near shelling
- Locals, tourists ride out Hurricane Odile in Baja
- British boy gets 1st proton treatment in Prague
- Diplomatic push grows against Islamic State group
- Powerful Hurricane Odile aims at Mexico's Baja
- Iraqi leader: No need for Arab powers to strike IS
- Syrian opposition to revamp forces on the ground
- Egypt arrests 157 migrants headed to Italy
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!