Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Second teen charged in Georgia Wal-Mart rampage
- Effort to remove GA prosecutor from jail death case blocked
- No injuries reported in Savannah truck explosion
- Man shot to death in southwest Atlanta nightclub identified
- 2 charged in slaying of Fayetteville restaurant manager
- Arrest made in 2013 shooting of south Georgia mayor
- Major leaves Fort Benning for new assignment at Fort Stewart
- Police investigate after truck explodes in downtown Savannah
- DeKalb police investigate after man shot while walking
- Atlanta airport anticipates busy holiday travel weekend
- Thousands truckin' to Chicago for final Grateful Dead shows
- VA hospital that once treated Civil War veterans could close
- Could insulin pills prevent diabetes? Big study seeks answer
- Sheriff's officer: Man accused of killing parents kills self
- Fireworks-filled van explodes on California freeway
- Police detain man found in NC mall with rifle, ammunition
- Colorado camp resort for pot users falls through
- Doctor linked to Sen. Menendez released from jail
- Wife of Massachusetts man killed by police decries shooting
- Connecticut town's Boom Box Parade celebrates 30th year
- Explosion at chemical plant in South Korea kills 5 workers
- China says 6.5 quake hits far western region of Xinjiang
- 3 days before pope visit, Ecuador protests aim at president
- Bill Clinton visits Vietnam to mark 20th anniversary of ties
- Cash-strapped UN food agency reduces help to Syrian refugees
- Homemade explosive wounds 5 in Colombian capital, police say
- Saudi-led strikes target Yemen rebel camps, kill 8 in Sanaa
- UN observers say Burundi elections on Monday were not free
- Leopard mauls guide's arm in attack in South African park
- Documents: Mexican army ordered troops to 'kill criminals'
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!