Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Woman shot by driver in confrontation on Georgia highway
- Columbus police officer dies from mountain climbing accident
- Woman shot by driver in DeKalb County road rage incident
- 4 shot at Decatur apartment complex; baby critically injured
- Delta evacuates plane in Jamaica after faulty report of fire
- Ga man sentenced to 8 years in death of infant son
- Student arrested in alleged shooting threat at Ga college
- Confederate flag backers indicted in Ga confrontation
- Police: Bicyclist dies after collision with school bus
- Monument to honor King sought at Georgia's Stone Mountain
- All of Interstate 95 now open after South Carolina flooding
- Marijuana farm: More than 700 plants seized at Maryland site
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Freddie Gray hearing: Baltimore officers statements at issue
- Kosovo opposition protests detention of its leader
- Ex-head of Chicago Public Schools expected to plead guilty
- Man resisting eviction shoots at police from apartment
- 3 charged with killing tourist, hiker arrive in California
- Ex-A&M football player suspected in Dallas jogger killing
- Student sorry for mac and cheese tirade, says he's ashamed
- Britain scraps $9 million prison deal with Saudi Arabia
- Rescuers find passenger alive after Indonesia chopper crash
- Pakistan executes 9, including 4 brothers
- Taliban withdraw from northern Afghan city
- The Latest: Norway prepared to take a share of refugees
- Turkey bans rally by activists mourning colleagues
- China says Russia, US must avoid fighting proxy war in Syria
- Philippines backs US plan to sail ship near Chinese island
- Okinawa gov revokes approval for relocation of US air base
- Rights group says US-backed Kurds displacing Arabs in Syria
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!