Today: Mostly sunny and breezy. Highs in the low 80s with wind from the North 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows around 60.
Highs in the mid 80s the rest of the work week. A few showers ... More...
Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of Chattanooga will host a series of nine scholarship and college application seminars to prospective applicants in step-by-step tutorials for successfully completing the application process of the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program and other similar scholarship programs. The seminars will take place each day of McDonald’s 10th annual “Give A Hand” fundraiser during which customers can purchase paper Hands for $1, $3, or $5 between November 10 – 20 to support their local RMHC chapter.
The seminars are for high school seniors, parents and guidance counselors.
WHEN & WHERE:
-- November 10 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 4500 N. Lee Highway, Cleveland, TN
-- November 11 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1101 N. Main Street, Lafayette, GA
-- November 12 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 2017 Gunbarrel Road, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 13 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 139 Abel Drive, Dayton, TN
-- November 14 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 1403 Congress Parkway, Athens, TN
-- November 15 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 6401 Ringgold Road, East Ridge, TN
-- November 18 – 2:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 5440 Highway 153, Hixson, TN
-- November 19 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 3423 Amnicola Highway, Chattanooga, TN
-- November 20 – 7:00 p.m. – McDonalds, 104 Sequoyah Access Rd, Soddy-Daisy, TN
RMHC Chattanooga volunteers will provide an informational session on applying for the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Programs and give students additional resources for other scholarship programs, tips for writing application essays, and how to prepare for scholarship interviews. Computer access and personalized assistance will follow the presentations. Reservations are not required and presentations will begin promptly at the time listed on the schedule. There is no cost for the seminar.
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Greater Chattanooga offers 40 $1,000 college scholarships to area high school seniors who demonstrate academic achievement, community involvement, financial need and plan on attending a two or four year college during the next academic year. The deadline to submit an application online-only and all required documentation is December 20, 2012. For more information, about the RMHC U.S. Scholarship Program, visit: www.rmhchattanooga.com. Seminars Offered for Ronald McDonald Scholarships
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia pushes adults to finish college programs
- Unaccompanied youths enroll in Dalton schools
- In GOP South, pushback against Obama climate rules
- Latest Georgia news, sports, business and entertainment
- Parents sue Georgia school system in gym mat death
- Man killed in plane crash on beach was stationed at Georgia base
- Soil type could impede industry on Georgia's coast
- Train collides with high school teacher's SUV
- Ga. woman to make court appearance in hot car case
- Sheriff, pastors to discuss church burglaries
- Pennsylvania town gets wet yet again on Rain Day
- 4 charged with murder of USC student from China
- San Francisco political adviser pleads not guilty
- Leader of Hamas military wing rules out quick cease-fire
- Police: Man dead after carjacking, home invasions
- Husband arrested in death of NBA player's aunt
- Expert: No accident with gun in porch shooting
- Institute: NKorea upgrading rocket launch site
- Man convicted of murder in fatal sauce pan beating
- Judge delays his ruling against DC handgun ban
- Heavy gunfire in Libyan capital
- Heaviest-yet Israeli bombardment kills at least 100, knocks out power plant
- Investigators still can't reach plane site
- Canada: Chinese hackers infiltrated government org
- Officials blame Colombia power outage on rebels
- Official: Venezuela tried to pressure Aruba
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with rats
- Anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Rome amid turmoil
- Nigerian militants bomb bridge, killing 8 people
- Lavrov and Kerry talk about Cold war-era arms deal
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!