Today: Mostly sunny with a high in the mid 80s. Light North wind.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the lower 60s and winds near calm.
Quiet weather pattern for most of the week with clear skies through Thursday and highs in the ... More...
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- ATF agent shot in Athens, hospitalized
- Ex-pupil, board member testify in cheating trial
- Report: Obama rode elevator with armed man
- Morgan: 'Can't believe' Wal-Mart blaming him
- Man sentenced to life in fatal Cobb Co. stabbing
- South GA Air Force base warns of training exercise
- Savannah harbor agreement to be signed next week
- 8 horses escape Ga. pasture, trot along freeway
- Businessman sentenced to prison term in fraud case
- Closing arguments begin in loud music killing case
- Pennsylvania trooper shot dead during gun training
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Psych expert says suspect didn't understand rights
- Jury convicts Colorado teen in newlywed slayings
- Casino mogul says experience, not gambling, is key
- Government confirms first case of Ebola in US
- Scientists see bleached coral in northwest Hawaii
- 2 sue Jehovah's Witnesses congregation, say abused
- Administration urges rejection of Brewer's appeal
- Relatives of Utah family seeking answers in deaths
- 2 suicide bomber attacks in Kabul kill 7, wound 21
- Rousseff takes lead in Brazil election poll
- Pot decriminalization bill drafted in Jamaica
- Large crowds mark 1991 coup anniversary in Haiti
- Spanish rescued after 12 days trapped in Peru cave
- Iranian filmmakers call for nuclear deal
- Most of China doesn't see protests in Hong Kong
- Deadly wave of attacks in Baghdad, elsewhere
- Lawmaker: Italian spy agency paid Mafia bosses
- Guinea-Bissau leader pardons accused in coup try
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!