Tonight: Cloudy with showers & some thunderstorms late. An overnight low in the upper 50s to near 60. A south wind at 10-15mph.
Friday: Showers and some thunderstorms during the morning, then breezy and drier by midday and the afternoon. ... More...
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: Man charged after killing break-in suspect
- Bond denied for woman charged in NC kidnapping
- 15 people charged in tax fraud ring
- Macon child care center ordered to close
- Deal signs bill restricting some abortion coverage
- Gov. Deal signs 'medical amnesty' bill
- Ga. governor approves referendum on dorm taxes
- Fire destroys home of former state lawmaker
- Parents of infant found dead held on drug charges
- Miss. girl, 2, found unharmed in south Georgia
- Tornado shelters face dilemma with pet lovers
- Ex-suspect in boy's disappearance stays in prison
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Rabbit heads left in 2 sisters' mailboxes
- Police say teens killed Amish family's pet donkey
- Study says statins may lead some patients to pig out
- Attorneys give arguments in Coast Guard killings
- Criminal probe into NYC heiress' life is over
- New Jersey forest fire burns half a square mile
- Britain's young royal family end Australian tour
- APNewsBreak: Ecuador expels US military group
- Protesters occupy remote oilfield in Peru
- Seabed search for missing Malaysian jet to widen
- South Korea ferry disaster may cloud Obama visit
- Residents of conflictive Rio slum stage protest
- Mexico Senate: civilian courts for soldiers
- UN Yemen envoy says rebel group agrees to talks
- US threatens to pull aid to Haiti over late vote
- Explosion targets journalist's car in Cameroon
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!