Friday (Halloween): Mostly cloudy and becoming windy. Scattered light showers as well. An afternoon high in the upper 50s to low 60s. An increasing North wind at 10-20mph.
Friday ... More...
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia officials halt guardrail installation
- Lawsuits: Misconduct at fraternity led to rapes
- Ga. voters cast more than 709,900 early ballots
- 2 Atlanta firefighters recovering from burns, fall
- Deal, Carter, Nunn, Perdue make closing pitches
- Former Ga. ethics commission attorney sues agency
- DeKalb Co. crime stats questioned in federal audit
- Fatal Walker Co. fire linked to wood burning stove
- Allman dropped from Georgia lawsuit in train crash
- Perdue, Nunn talk trust, solutions in final ads
- Ebola victim's fiancTe struggles to rebuild life
- Ohio man detained in North Korea returning to work
- Life goes on for nurse in standoff over Ebola
- Judge to hold hearing in Kansas gay marriage suit
- Dallas nurse who survived Ebola to get dog back
- Town official: Halloween back on as manhunt ends
- Town hopes to hold Halloween as manhunt ends
- Grand Canyon receives reports of roaming wolf
- Nevada court says Strip club dancers are employees
- Obama speaks to Myanmar's political leaders
- Court upholds death verdicts in slashing attack
- Hong Kong activists mull Beijing visit during APEC
- Myanmar's president, army chief meet Suu Kyi
- Malaysia Airlines sued by 2 boys over Flight 370
- US and Australia drop sanctions against Fiji
- Nations in Americas join in battle against Ebola
- Cali cartel boss' daughter charged with extortion
- French town bans clown disguises after assaults
- Clothing with bodies matches missing Texans'
- Costa Rica volcano spews ash, prompts evacuations
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!