Tonight: Partly cloudy with a few showers. Low in the mid to upper 60s.
Saturday: Partly to mostly cloudy with showers ... More...
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 1 person injured in Savannah shooting
- Nunn asks for 5 debates in Senate race
- 2 US Ebola victims to arrive at metro Atlanta base
- Fund set up for woman who was attacked on trail
- Duke: Oconee didn't do everything to prevent leak
- 1st piece in place for zip line over Chattahoochee
- Brookhaven police make arrests after man is killed
- Tropical Storm Bertha approaching the Caribbean
- Low cost carrier to begin flying between Ga., Va.
- Ga. juvenile justice dept. adds ombudsman's office
- Ebola forces Mormon missionaries from West Africa
- 2 Ebola victims to be treated at Atlanta hospital
- Rare whale fossil pulled from California backyard
- States try to land Tesla despite Nevada groundwork
- How the Dow Jones average fared Friday
- Fired Ohio band head's backers sets up legal fund
- House moves toward vote on border bill
- Lab who walked 30 miles back home adopted
- After chokehold death, NYC mayor sends sympathy
- Law changed to allow 'unlocking' cellphones
- China bladder trade sending porpoise to extinction
- Searchers find remains at Malaysia Airlines crash site
- Remains of Air Algerie crash victims now in Paris
- Iran opens first state-run alcohol rehab center
- 62 killed in Gaza; Israeli soldier feared captured
- Uruguayan pot marketplace may go up in smoke
- UN chief blames Hamas for breaking cease-fire
- Gunmen kill another Somali lawmaker in Mogadishu
- Tunisia closes borders with Libya after violence
- Investigators set up base near wreckage of Malaysia Airlines plane
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!