Easter Sunday: Sunny, and BEAUTIFUL from sunrise service to the afternoon egg hunt! Highs in the mid 70s with light winds. (Sunrise is 7:03am)
Becoming partly ... More...
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- NC authorities: 10-month-old girl abducted by dad
- Ga. GOP Senate hopefuls try to separate themselves
- Repairs to broken water main to take more time
- Sewage plant sparks smell concerns at garden
- Police probe drowning death in Lake Lanier
- Police probe Saturday slaying of Kennesaw man
- Police recover stolen House clerk's car in Atlanta
- Crews plan repairs for water main break in Atlanta
- Registration deadline to vote in primary near
- Zoo Atlanta has warthog births for spring
- In Colorado, a pot holiday goes mainstream
- 2,500 homeless fed in Miami over Easter weekend
- Man detained after LA Times building lockdown
- Body found by highway is missing Massachusetts boy
- US weighing military exercises in Eastern Europe
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Tenn. ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental
- Woman says beau stole her dog, TV on 1st date
- California man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Wyoming town
- 4 French journalists freed from Syria captors home
- Egypt gunmen kill intelligence officer near Cairo
- Road accident kills 36 in southern Pakistan
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- Japan minister at shrine honoring war criminals
- Attacks kill 16 across Iraq
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- Colombia hopes to share Garcia Marquez remains
- Bombs targeting soldiers, shoppers kill 11 in Iraq
- Ministry: 2 killed in apparent Bahrain car bombing
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!