Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Plane that crashed in Perry County came from Georgia
- Reversal of Great Migration? Counties seeing racial shifts
- Fire officials probing blaze at Gwinnett shopping center
- Mississippi hospital whistleblower gets $3.5M in settlement
- School funding question top task for Deal's education panel
- Ga. officials launching child vehicle safety campaign
- TSA urging holiday weekend travelers to plan ahead
- Death of middle Georgia girl ruled homicide
- Georgia trooper shoots traveler after I-75 speeding stop
- Suspected Jacksonville bus shooter arrested in Georgia
- Woman uses obituary to say Brady innocent in 'Deflategate'
- Residents along Blanco River in Texas urged to evacuate
- Protests, arrests after Ohio officer's acquittal in 2 deaths
- The Latest in Cleveland: Multiple arrests after verdict
- Sheriff: Community is relieved now that suspect is dead
- The Latest on flooding: Highway closures across Oklahoma
- The Latest in Cleveland: Multiple arrests during protests
- The Latest on flooding: Evacuation orders in Oklahoma, Texas
- At least 4 injured at amphitheater campground in Washington
- The Latest in Cleveland: Few arrested after police verdict
- Saudi Arabia says suicide bomber was Islamic State operative
- Poles vote in cliffhanger presidential election runoff
- Malaysia finds mass graves of suspected trafficking victims
- Local elections in Spain test upstart parties' voter appeal
- Ethiopians vote in 1st election without former strongman
- Women's walk across Koreas' DMZ denied; they cross on bus
- Jailed Venezuelan leader starts hunger strike, urges protest
- Thousands evacuated in Nepal after landslide blocks river
- Ireland gives resounding 62.1 percent `yes' to gay marriage
- Gay rights supporters celebrate marriage vote in Ireland
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!