Tonight: A fair to partly cloudy sky with an overnight low in the upper 60s.
Friday: Sunny to partly sunny and still hot with an afternoon high in the lower 90s. A south wind at 5-10mph.
Friday Night: Partly cloudy and muggy ... More...
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
Teachers and students, are you ready for an exciting opportunity to participate in the Safe Online Surfing (SOS), Internet Challenge? The FBI-SOS Internet Challenge is an on-line educational program that teaches kids about internet safety, in a fun way, using interactive games.
While competing with other similar size schools, students in 3rd through 8th grade will learn to recognize online dangers and how to be safe cyber surfers. Students will navigate games and scavenger hunts, which highlight safety tips and resources on topics such as cyberbullying, gaming safety, social networking, and online predators. There are unique on-line activities for each grade level. The challenge portion of the program will be the QUIZ (oh, come on, it will be a fun quiz) which allows your school to have some friendly competition with other schools.
The FBI-SOS is open to all public and private schools, and runs from October through May. Schools with the highest score each month will receive the FBI-SOS national trophy, and a likely visit from a local FBI Special Agent.
Registration is easy and it’s free. Teachers or administrators may go to the website to find more information and register your school. No information on students is collected or stored by the FBI. https://sos.fbi.gov
Safely Surfing the Web with the FBI
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Atlanta police officer arrested in woman's death
- Little Richard not hurt in Tennessee car accident
- Rideshare company comes to Ala., Ga. college towns
- Second person arrested in taxi driver's death
- Family sues East Point after death in custody
- City moves ahead on benefits for same-sex couples
- Woman gives birth inside Walmart near Atlanta
- Sheriff's captain accused of crimes involving teen
- Ga. lane closures to be lifted for holiday weekend
- Atlanta Audubon Society plans tour
- Plane stowaway arrested in Phoenix says she's ill
- Obama taps veteran diplomat to be Afghan envoy
- Wife of Maryland U.S. Rep. Andy Harris dies
- Police: Man rams car into SC assisted living home
- 2 California counties ask to form separate state
- Museum to display 6,500-year-old human skeleton
- High school buddies followed similar path to jihad
- Flight diverts to Boston over reclined-seat upset
- Murder charge for child care worker in boy's death
- Wyoming sheriff says pastor actually shot himself
- North Korea says no cheerleaders for Asian Games
- Asian tourists injured in Canada bus crash
- Russia replies to Canada's colorful map tweet
- Ranger in Africa's oldest park wounded by grenade
- Jamaica agriculture minister dies in Florida
- Russia defends actions in Ukraine
- Dominican gov't slow to issue permits to migrants
- Pakistan army chief to mediate political crisis
- Egypt militants post beheading video
- Pope removes key Benedict XVI protege
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!