Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- FBI: Hunt continues for suspect in bomb threats against jets
- Ga. inmate who's come close to death 3 times to die Tuesday
- Husband and wife found dead in their home outside Rome
- Man shot to death in Clayton County
- Police ID driver in wrong-way crash that shut down I-85
- Bomb threat against 2 planes at Atlanta's main airport
- Fire crews battling blaze at Douglasville apartment
- South Georgia police search for missing Cobb County couple
- Atlanta mayor: Better transit reduces income inequality
- Police investigate crash that shut down I-85 for 4 hours
- Juror questioning to resume in Boston Marathon bombing trial
- Nor'easter threatens Northeast with up to 2 feet of snow
- Medical pot only OK for sick kids failed by other drugs: MDs
- What you need to know about the snow headed to the Northeast
- Airlines prepare to shut down in Northeast for snowstorm
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- Federal judge stays Ala. gay marriage ruling
- 2 planes evacuated in Seattle, 3rd flight diverted to Dallas
- 2 planes evacuated on arrival at Seattle-Tacoma airport
- Boehner's State of Union survival tip: Stare at Obama's head
- European woman plunges to death in car from Abu Dhabi tower
- Greece's Syriza seeks coalition partners after poll win
- Obama presides over India's grand Republic Day parade
- Obama: Counterterrorism operations in Yemen not affected
- Japan logs record trade deficit in 2014 on weakening yen
- UK reviewing security after hoax call to Cameron
- Tunisia's Islamists will not back new coalition govt
- Iranian lawmakers honor Guard commander over IS victories
- Venezuela blocks meeting of former leaders, opposition chief
- Iran foreign minister summoned to explain stroll with Kerry
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!