Today: Cloudy and cooler with periods of rain. Diminishing rain chances this afternoon. High in the low to mid 60s but falling into the upper 40s lower 50s by late afternoon. Very windy with a NW wind in the afternoon, 20-30 mph.
Tonight: Any remaining ... More...
Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Lawmakers reach compromise on Flint River plan
- Suspect in Ga convenience store slaying in custody
- Schwan's given 32 citations involving Ga. plant
- Century-old lamp posts at UGA undergo restoration
- Fire claims life of man, 58, northwest of Atlanta
- Wind gusts of 40-45 mph possible in Georgia
- Vietnam veterans to be honored at Georgia Capitol
- Job fair to be held in DeKalb for people over 50
- Atlanta to host construction career expo
- Suspect in GA convenience store slaying in custody
- Crystal Mountain to sell chairs from avalanche
- Judge orders trial in Kansas quadruple homicide
- Wisconsin town uses explosives on frozen creek
- Cartel associates plead guilty to bribery charge
- Federal survey to get consent for breath samples
- I. Coast minister gets new post after campus clash
- Couple denies letting 2-year-old boy smoke pot
- Campus protest shows pressure for action on rape
- La. standoff gunman was treated for mental illness
- Man accused of disrupting Chicago-Portland flight
- UN: Drone use down in Pakistan, up in other areas
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- Report: Iran, Russia discuss adding nuclear plants
- Report: Jailed Mafia boss reveals killing detail
- UN: Claim of captive Saudi princesses received
- Visiting British PM offers support to Israel
- Canada ends military operations in Afghanistan
- Airlines lower forecast for record 2014 profit
- Iran hard-liners protest at Austrian Embassy
- Cricket bat, toilet door in court
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!