Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Macon man, 19, shot to death at abandoned car wash
- Prayer vigil planned after man in Maserati shot by police
- Police: Man accidentally shoots himself at gun show
- Atlanta pedestrian struck by vehicle, killed in Savannah
- Tough topics face Ga. lawmakers in session's final week
- Police: Man calls 911 after fatally stabbing girlfriend
- Records: Georgia, Alabama governors meet on water dispute
- Employers to seek to fill jobs at northeast Georgia job fair
- Atlanta airport set to open new northbound entrance
- Man killed in shooting at DeKalb apartment complex
- Oregon police kill cougar above popular hiking trail
- Montana ski area back in operation after Saturday evacuation
- Official: Debris from NYC blast going to secure location
- Indiana governor: 'We're not going to change this law'
- Obama golfs with big money, oil moguls in Florida
- Library of Congress acquires rare trove of Civil War images
- Institute honoring the late Sen. Kennedy to open in Boston
- Northeast, despite highest gas costs, resists more pipelines
- Drownings along Rio Grande spike after enforcement surge
- WWII heroes to give congressional gold medal to Ohio museum
- Arab leaders say military strikes in Yemen will continue until rebels withdraw, surrender arms
- Pastor in co-pilot's German hometown says co-pilot, family 'belong to our community'
- Thousands protest voting problems in Nigerian oil capital
- Islamic State group beheads 8 Shiites in Syria's Hama
- Activists: Syrians flee city seized by al-Qaida, rebel factions, fearing government reprisals
- Israel installs solar panels at parliament to save energy
- Air Canada plane skids off runway on 'abrupt' landing in Halifax; 23 taken to hospital
- Boko Haram advance on northern city as Nigerians vote
- Nigerians continue voting Sunday, after technical hitches and despite extremist violence
- Egypt prosecutor names Brotherhood leaders as terrorists
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!