Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man, teen arrested in Georgia Wal-Mart rampage
- Atlanta train stations evacuated due to smoky conditions
- Regulators order end to Kemper rate increase, plan refunds
- Pennsylvania plant that retreads construction tires closing
- Georgia teen visits University of Hawaii with Make-A-Wish
- Man finds part of human skull on beach; identity is mystery
- Tennessee police cancel Amber Alert for 14-year-old girl
- Pregnant woman shot to death in west Georgia
- Ga. man sentenced for shooting at fishermen's boat
- Smyrna police offering business owners escort program
- Man who led ATM scheme that stole $5M sentenced to 10 years
- Plane deploys chute, lands in Houston-area neighborhood
- The Latest: Lawyer says Subway spokesman Fogle cooperating
- Hull damage forces Shell Arctic support ship in for repairs
- Second body found in river 3 days after boat capsized
- Ex-quarterback McNabb arrested again on suspicion of DUI
- Yosemite rock fall changes face of world-class climb
- Report: Plane in deadly Alaska crash had safety technology
- The top 10 audiobooks on Audible.com
- Backers of religious beliefs, gay rights clash in court case
- Burundi ruling party wins majority in parliament
- Spain: Alhambra palace director resigns amid investigation
- Outgoing US ambassador to Poland is honored for his service
- Afghan official: Senior Islamic State figure killed
- Algeria says 102 extremists 'neutralized' so far this year
- Israel: UNESCO 'ignores' Jewish, Christian ties to Jerusalem
- The Latest: Pope in Ecuador talks about being model Catholic
- Talks to resolve Ukraine conflict end without results
- Gunmen attempt attack on state radio in C. African Republic
- Soldiers arrive in Saskatchewan to battle raging wildfires
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!