Monday: Sunny and breezy. Less humid and cooler with an afternoon high in the mid/upper 70s. ... More...
Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Authorities investigating fuel truck fire in Macon
- Police: Man falls from dock, drowns in Lake Lanier
- New Ga. lobbying rules allow for summer travel
- Cobb police investigating fatal shooting
- Ga. agency says photo IDs will cost $7.7 million
- Police: Body left near railroad tracks in Atlanta
- University of Georgia to celebrate centennial
- Emory to celebrate life and work of Seamus Heaney
- Polk County sheriff's deputy fatally shoots man
- BET Hip-Hop Awards holds taping of show in Atlanta
- Group says it gave hundreds of veterans free pot
- Police say rifle carried by ambush suspect found
- Ex-stepson: White House intruder meant no harm
- Southwest flight makes emergency landing at LAX
- White House intruder identified as Army veteran who served in Iraq, retired due to disability
- NYPD: 1 officer killed, 8 hurt in van crash
- UN General Assembly to focus on war on extremists
- 32 structures destroyed in California wildfire
- Clementi family become advocates after suicide
- Thousands fill NYC streets for climate march
- France's Sarkozy makes comeback TV appearance
- Official says Syrian refugee flood into Turkey hits 100,000 as Islamic State group advances
- 2 al-Shabab suspects arrested in Frankfurt
- Paris prison opens doors for Heritage Days
- Erdogan: Turkey won't give hostage release details
- Pope in Albania urges Muslims to condemn extremism
- Thousands march in Moscow against Ukraine fighting
- Sierra Leone reaches final day of Ebola lockdown
- US general: Arab nations needed in Iraq, Syria
- Hopes dim for return of Philippine troops to Golan
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!