Saturday: A mix of sun and clouds. An afternoon high in the upper 60s and even near 70 in spots. A southwest wind at 10mph.
Saturday Night: Cloudy and dry during the evening. Some light rain possible late in the night and toward daybreak. Expect ... More...
Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
Delta Kappa Gamma International education society awarded Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, with the Distinguished Service to Education Award at their Founder’s Day Brunch on Saturday, April 27.
Members of the four Chattanooga chapters of Delta Kappa Gamma vote on and present the annual award which is given to an individual who has contributed above and beyond to the service of education and who has furthered educational experiences in the Chattanooga area.
The mission of Delta Kappa Gamma is to promote professional and personal growth of women educators and excellence in education. Previous recipients of the Distinguished Service to Education Award are David Carroll, Mayor Andy Berke, and Dr. Jayne Griffin.
Photo: Rodney Van Valkenburg, Director of Grants and Initiatives at ArtsBuild, receives the Distinguished Service to Education Award from Delta Kappa Gamma communications editor, Cami Mitchell.Rodney Van Valkenburg Recognized for Service to Education
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. church holds final service before demolition
- Boy killed in south Georgia house fire
- Ga. child fatality review panels falling short
- 2 killed in southeast Atlanta home invasion
- Ga. eyeing recruitment at annual tech, media fest
- NW Georgia town eyes drone to film celebration
- Forum on human trafficking planned for Lithonia
- Law officers make arrests after Augusta shooting
- NTSB: Police chopper too low, likely causing crash
- FBI seeks suspects in South Georgia bank robbery
- NC power outages at about 78,000 after storm
- Immigration detainees continue hunger strike
- Selma honors anniversary of 'Bloody Sunday'
- 2 dozen injured as school stage falls
- Obama returns to White House after Fla. vacation
- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties
- WWII veteran receives Purple Heart 70 years later
- Biden cuts trip short to meet with Ukraine leader
- Light earthquake felt in Anchorage
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at NY trial
- Attacks kill more than 40
- Officials examine footage in effort to identify 2 who boarded with stolen passports
- Interpol: No one checked database for 2 stolen passports
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Israel: 40 rockets in alleged Iranian shipment
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Iraqi minister speaks out on plane-landing denial
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Libya says its forces now near oil tanker
- Libya orders use of force against oil tanker
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!