Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fire in Jones County scorches 3 acres
- Emory, CDC team up to train hospitals in Ebola treatment
- GBI seizes guns while investigating slaying of Cobb couple
- Atlanta mayor explores Civic Center sale outside of auction
- Sheriff's association opposes medical marijuana bill in Ga.
- 1 Fantasy 5 player wins jackpot for $238,690.08
- GBI investigates shooting of man by Sandy Springs police
- Beverly Hall lawyers say she's still too sick to stand trial
- Gwinnett man gets 5 years for stealing insurance premiums
- Cobb County jury convicts man for helping girlfriend steal
- Obama mingles with power brokers at Alfalfa Club luncheon
- Things to know about the Boston Marathon bombing trial
- Police: Possible gang tie in San Francisco suitcase remains
- Obama budget sets up battle with GOP-controlled Congress
- Whitney Houston's daughter found unresponsive in tub
- Winter storm heading for Midwest, Northeast
- Letter with suspicious powder received at Samaritan's Purse
- Museum, hospital collaborate in scan of mummified remains
- Automakers recall more than 2M vehicles for faulty air bags
- 5-alarm warehouse fire burns in Brooklyn; nobody hurt
- Vatican: 2 prelates are investigated in child porn case
- Macedonia opposition leader accused of organizing a coup
- Swiss police: 4 dead after avalanche hits group of skiers
- Anti-Charlie Hebdo protest in Kabul turns violent
- Fire at Bangladesh plastics factory kills at least 13
- Bahrain revokes citizenship of IS group ideologue
- Ex-spy chief wanted in Colombia for wiretaps surrenders
- Morocco, France mend long spat, restore legal collaboration
- Fire devastates major Russian library
- Iraqi libraries ransacked by Islamic State group in Mosul
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!