Wednesday: Early morning fog, then partly sunny , hot and humid. A chance for afternoon and evening t-showers. An afternoon high in ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Home Depot probes possible credit card data breach
- Murder charge sought in Statesboro death
- Woman sentenced in silicone injection case
- Woman in Paulding Co. trail attack leaves hospital
- Home Depot investigates breach
- Study: Georgia disaster preparation weak for kids
- Crews search Lake Lanier for missing woman
- Storms spark lightning fires in Winder, Macon
- Georgia Tech police probe robberies of students
- Alabama man shot to death; Georgia man wounded
- Lawyer says family of girl with Uzi is devastated
- Penn State student gains rep as squirrel whisperer
- Jurors in former Va. governor's corruption case to resume deliberations Wednesday
- Sotomayor to receive Hepburn Medal from Bryn Mawr
- Princeton worker put on leave over medical pot
- Preschools latest to take on green movement
- Recorded arrest of St. Paul man under review
- 30 teens escape from Nashville detention center
- 911 calls show efforts to save firearms instructor
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Ukrainian troops routed as Russia talks tough
- Calais mayor might close port to stop migrants
- Macedonian premier, opposition leader, go to court
- Mexico plans $9.2B airport project for capital
- Ukraine military routed as Russia talks tough
- Spanish judge orders release of ill boy's parents
- Video purports to show beheading of US journalist
- Another American in Liberia contracts Ebola: Group
- UN: 4 peacekeepers killed in northern Mali, 6 hurt
- Nicaragua calls off search for 4 missing miners
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!