Tonight: Becoming cloudy along with a few late night showers. An overnight low only in the mid to upper 60s.
Friday: ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GA juvenile justice dept. offers citizen's academy
- DeKalb given police, violence prevention grants
- Emory gets papers of artist, writer Chase-Riboud
- Ex-Atlanta principal testifies in cheating trial
- Atlanta bus driver charged in pedestrian's death
- 10 CDC staffers sent to Texas for Ebola probe
- Judge denies challenge to death penalty provision
- In Ga. visit, Romney raises cash for Perdue
- Former President Carter celebrates 90th birthday
- Jury to start deliberating loud music killing case
- China visit shows strains with US over Hong Kong
- Gov't website for doc payments not up to snuff
- Pierson's undoing was quick as support vanished
- Teen football player dies after injury during game
- History fight coming to a head in suburban Denver
- Ebola worries could keep some Dallas students home
- Dallas ER sent Ebola-infected patient home
- Man, hostage dead after Southern Calif. standoff
- Minneapolis community fights recruiters for jihad
- Tweet about Ferguson grand jury sparks probe
- South Africa: white extremist's house stirs debate
- Watchdog: Turkey has fearful journalism climate
- New economics head vows tough EU budgets oversight
- 15 feared dead in explosives factory blast
- Australia lifts Ebola donation to $16 million
- Filipinos express support for Hong Kong protest
- Latest suicide attack in Afghanistan kills 3
- Man attacked by shark in Western Australia
- Iraq considering Australian airstrike request
- Mexico: Alleged drug boss Beltran Leyva captured
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!