Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fred is easternmost hurricane to form in tropics of Atlantic
- Conviction keeps Albany ex-commissioner out of mayor's race
- Girl, 12, seriously hurt after being struck by car in Athens
- Georgia lawmaker says he had account on cheating website
- Explosion reported at burning Marietta apartment complex
- Georgia governor proposes $50M more on pre-kindergarten
- Atlanta police investigating fatal stabbing
- Rally in Henry County after racist graffiti painted on homes
- Police: Man tried abducting girl near Cobb County bus stop
- Scientists study how rising seas will reshape Georgia coast
- Sex registry questioned after prep school grad's conviction
- Walker spokeswoman: He's not advocating a wall
- The Latest: Hometown crowd gathers to honor slain cameraman
- Deputy shoots man suspected of stalking outside WWE facility
- Reckoning nears for clerk resisting same-sex marriage ruling
- Man admits stabbing son to death during fight over eviction
- California doctor faces murder trial in 3 men's drug deaths
- NY ethics board drops Trump complaint about attorney general
- White House: Will find another way to honor McKinley
- Court considers challenge to California death penalty
- Venezuelan leader says Colombia plotting his assassination
- Iran's Parliament speaker says he supports nuclear deal
- Hurricane Fred hits Cape Verde with flooding, downed trees
- Official: Turkish court orders British journalists arrested
- Mozambique: Journalists, academic found guilty of defamation
- Kanye for 2020? White House welcomes rapper's political bid
- Silence at Vatican funeral for ex-envoy in sexual abuse case
- EU Council president rejects criticism over migrant crisis
- Poland's warring leaders honor Solidarity separately
- Yemen rebels raid dozens of homes of opponents in capital
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!