Tonight: A fair sky and comfortable with an overnight low near 60 (50s away from the city)
Friday: Partly to mostly sunny with ... More...
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
GPS Board Chairman Nini Davenport announced GPS Headmaster Randy Tucker’s retirement effective June 30, 2013. GPS leaders said that an Interim Head of School will be in place by July 1, 2013, with a permanent leader in place as scheduled by July 1, 2014.
Given Mr. Tucker’s long and successful tenure, the Board of Trustees and Mr. Tucker have taken a specific focus on ensuring a seamless transition. Because it is often very difficult to fill the shoes of a successful, long-serving Head, the decision was made to put an Interim Head of School in place for the 2013-14 academic year. This will provide a buffer and will allow GPS to attract exceptional candidates for the permanent Head of School position.
“Our Board has been working on a plan that encourages us to think strategically, ask questions and act boldly. Because of this, we are well positioned for the future and look forward to all that it holds,” said Davenport. “We are grateful for the strong team Randy built during his tenure with us, and we will build on those strengths as we search for a new leader. Clearly, GPS is in a much better place today than it was when Randy first joined us. We will miss him and will always consider him a valuable part of the family.”
“GPS has made great strides over the past 26 years,” said Tucker. “I am thankful to have had the opportunity to lead such a wonderful educational institution and am excited about what the future holds for both of us.”
Randy Tucker, GPS Headmaster Retiring
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police dog missing since manhunt is found alive
- Man found shot to death in driveway of home
- Georgia's jobless rate rises to 8.1 percent
- 3 Fantasy 5 players win $73,862.46 jackpots
- Florida Lotto jackpot rises to $27 million
- Jury won't consider deaths in Ga. salmonella trial
- Zoo Atlanta offering Pre-K discount
- Investigator: 28 forged docs in registration probe
- GA medical center giving free take-home drug tests
- Sale of Rogers' Rangers New York site is completed
- Judge doubts Oklahoma ready for Nov. 13 execution
- NOAA: Yet more global heat records fall in August
- Police: Officers fatally shoot man near St. Louis
- NY man denies plotting to aid Islamic State group
- Missouri officer smelled pot before Taser incident
- Report: Progress 'modest' on upping embassy safety
- Federal charges for pair in Amish kidnapping case
- House veterans divided on Syria measure
- Slain trooper eulogized as impeccable officer
- Couple in Craigslist slaying sentenced to life
- Greece: March to honor slain rapper turns violent
- Israeli museum unveils ancient Jewish prayer book
- British hostage appears in new video
- Scots decide whether to declare independence
- Islamic State fighters capture 21 Kurdish villages in northern Syria near Turkish border
- Turkey says it plans to stop flow of IS fighters
- NATO to fast-track rapid-reaction force
- Leading Bahrain activist released from jail
- US: Syrian rebel training may start in 3 months
- Pakistan rescues thousands as floods hit south
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!