Tonight: Cloudy with some rain possible late. An overnight low in the upper 30s. The rain could fall as a light wintry mix at higher elevations and north during the overnight hours. Rainfall amounts should be light.
Saturday: Some light rain ... More...
Quinn Pertuit Hailed as the Youngest Graduate in UTC History
At the age of 19, Quinn Pertuit will graduate Magna Cum Laude on May 3, 2014 at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, making him the youngest graduate in the history of the University. Pertuit will be graduating with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Management and will begin his MBA in the Fall.
For a lot of college students, obtaining a 4-year college degree is considered as a very big achievement, especially in the rather tough economy these days. In the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where
Pertuit will be graduating, the 4-year graduation rate is only 13%, which means that there are only 13 percent of students graduating within 4 years and surprisingly, only 38% graduate within 6 years.
It is unheard of for a student to graduate within 3 years and at the very young age of 19. In fact, the average age of UTC seniors is 26; but Pertuit says “the quality of my work and the way I present myself suppresses the age difference.”
The Office of Planning, Evaluation & Institutional Research revealed that Pertuit will also be the youngest graduate student at UTC if he will attend the University for his Master’s education. However, it is of note that Pertuit does not intend to attend UTC for graduate school.
“Pertuit is a very diligent student,” according to one of his professors at the University. Quinn also said that he was dedicated to his education, and now, all his efforts and hard work have paid off. He was very excited and he is looking forward to what the future awaits him.
Since he was admitted in college, Pertuit has always been on the Dean’s List every semester and was awarded the 2013-2014 Outstanding Senior Award this year. His internship has also helped obtain more knowledge in the field. According to Pertuit, “They have been great to me, and I’ve gained experience that is essential and complimentary to my studies.” Apart from that, Pertuit is taking a case team to
Orlando with the University’s Society for the Advancement of Management.
“Quinn definitely carries a level of maturity and professionalism that is far beyond his age,” UTC student Tim Baker said. Indeed, Quinn serves as an inspiration to many students of the University and college students throughout the world.
While in college, Quinn Pertuit also joined in several student organizations that helped him obtain more experiences and become a competent student leader. Pertuit even said that college experience is actually more than just achieving excellence; it is also about being involved in internships, projects, student organizations and work experiences.Quinn Pertuit Hailed as the Youngest Graduate in UTC History
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Former Atlanta officer sentenced to prison
- Georgia student dies after completing presentation
- Former Angels pick killed in argument over candy
- Dublin VA chief says waits still too long
- Flu season, early again, hitting hard in South and Midwest
- 3rd person dies after shooting at Macon nightclub
- Ex-Cub Scout leader sent to prison in child molestation case
- Dalton police officer faces child molestation charge
- Gwinnett County school board approves new attendance zones
- Ga. police offer holiday shipping safety tips
- San Francisco deputy charged with assault, perjury
- AP WAS THERE: US breaks relations with Cuba
- Oklahoma official says state has execution drugs
- NY pain doctor gets prison in manslaughter case
- State Dept. warns US travelers to be extra careful
- Bob Simpson, co-developer of Saffir-Simpson scale, dies
- Obama calls on women only at news conference
- Lava could reach Hawaii shopping center in 8 days
- Lawyer: Child molester won't testify in 1979 case
- Attorneys for jailed ex-billionaire seek his release
- Pakistan: US drone strike kills 5 militants
- China leader cautions against external forces
- Franciscan religious order in `grave' financial crisis
- North Korea denies connection with Sony hacking
- UN urging Taliban to reduce Afghan civilian casualties
- German Amazon strikes to last until Christmas Eve
- Brazil to study legalization of medical marijuana
- Israeli military says Gaza rocket hits Israel
- Little-known book by pope outlines views, hopes for Cuba
- Suspected bomb found under N. Ireland soldier's car
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!