Friday: Very hot and humid with an afternoon high in the mid to upper 90s. A Heat Index above 100. Only a slight chance for an afternoon t-shower.
Friday Night: A fair ... More...
Quinn Pertuit Hailed as the Youngest Graduate in UTC History
At the age of 19, Quinn Pertuit will graduate Magna Cum Laude on May 3, 2014 at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, making him the youngest graduate in the history of the University. Pertuit will be graduating with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Management and will begin his MBA in the Fall.
For a lot of college students, obtaining a 4-year college degree is considered as a very big achievement, especially in the rather tough economy these days. In the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where
Pertuit will be graduating, the 4-year graduation rate is only 13%, which means that there are only 13 percent of students graduating within 4 years and surprisingly, only 38% graduate within 6 years.
It is unheard of for a student to graduate within 3 years and at the very young age of 19. In fact, the average age of UTC seniors is 26; but Pertuit says “the quality of my work and the way I present myself suppresses the age difference.”
The Office of Planning, Evaluation & Institutional Research revealed that Pertuit will also be the youngest graduate student at UTC if he will attend the University for his Master’s education. However, it is of note that Pertuit does not intend to attend UTC for graduate school.
“Pertuit is a very diligent student,” according to one of his professors at the University. Quinn also said that he was dedicated to his education, and now, all his efforts and hard work have paid off. He was very excited and he is looking forward to what the future awaits him.
Since he was admitted in college, Pertuit has always been on the Dean’s List every semester and was awarded the 2013-2014 Outstanding Senior Award this year. His internship has also helped obtain more knowledge in the field. According to Pertuit, “They have been great to me, and I’ve gained experience that is essential and complimentary to my studies.” Apart from that, Pertuit is taking a case team to
Orlando with the University’s Society for the Advancement of Management.
“Quinn definitely carries a level of maturity and professionalism that is far beyond his age,” UTC student Tim Baker said. Indeed, Quinn serves as an inspiration to many students of the University and college students throughout the world.
While in college, Quinn Pertuit also joined in several student organizations that helped him obtain more experiences and become a competent student leader. Pertuit even said that college experience is actually more than just achieving excellence; it is also about being involved in internships, projects, student organizations and work experiences.Quinn Pertuit Hailed as the Youngest Graduate in UTC History
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GA man gets life sentence in teen's shooting death
- American Ebola doc urges help fighting outbreak
- New leadership chosen for Ga. transportation board
- Search for man accused of shooting at Ga. officer
- Ga. woman shoots suspected burglar through door
- Police search for man in officer-involved shooting
- Nunn ramps up attacks on Perdue at Senate forum
- 2 Georgia men sentenced in robbery, assault
- Nunn ramps up attacks on Perdue at Ga. Sen forum
- Alabama judge could avoid prosecution in Atlanta
- Slaying of American reopens debate on ransoms
- Obama faces options in Iraq and Syria
- National Guard to withdraw from a quieter Ferguson
- Israel, Palestinians trade fire; 2 killed in Gaza
- Mud, slides close roads, trap motorists in Wash.
- Vermont dignitaries expected for Jeffords funeral
- 2 men face charges in suburban Chicago standoff
- Oklahoma policeman accused of sex assaults on duty
- Veteran music agent Peter Grosslight dead at 68
- GPS devices find huge water loss in western US
- Europe, US mull UN resolution on Gaza truce
- Ukraine claims wins over rebels but progress slow
- Malaysia prepares to receive bodies from M17 crash
- Mexico nabs suspects with 10,000 sea turtle eggs
- Charges dropped against Venezuelan protesters
- Police tear gas, water cannons at Chilean protest
- Liberia distributes food in slum sealed to stop Ebola
- Reports: Syria troops kill scores of jihadis
- Romania: Ex-PM imprisoned for corruption released
- Puerto Rico priest pleads guilty in abuse case
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!