Today: Partly sunny and breezy. Highs in the middle 80s with wind from the Northwest 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the low to mid 60s.
Mostly clear skies for Tuesday through Wednesday with ... More...
Quinn Pertuit Hailed as the Youngest Graduate in UTC History
At the age of 19, Quinn Pertuit will graduate Magna Cum Laude on May 3, 2014 at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, making him the youngest graduate in the history of the University. Pertuit will be graduating with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Management and will begin his MBA in the Fall.
For a lot of college students, obtaining a 4-year college degree is considered as a very big achievement, especially in the rather tough economy these days. In the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where
Pertuit will be graduating, the 4-year graduation rate is only 13%, which means that there are only 13 percent of students graduating within 4 years and surprisingly, only 38% graduate within 6 years.
It is unheard of for a student to graduate within 3 years and at the very young age of 19. In fact, the average age of UTC seniors is 26; but Pertuit says “the quality of my work and the way I present myself suppresses the age difference.”
The Office of Planning, Evaluation & Institutional Research revealed that Pertuit will also be the youngest graduate student at UTC if he will attend the University for his Master’s education. However, it is of note that Pertuit does not intend to attend UTC for graduate school.
“Pertuit is a very diligent student,” according to one of his professors at the University. Quinn also said that he was dedicated to his education, and now, all his efforts and hard work have paid off. He was very excited and he is looking forward to what the future awaits him.
Since he was admitted in college, Pertuit has always been on the Dean’s List every semester and was awarded the 2013-2014 Outstanding Senior Award this year. His internship has also helped obtain more knowledge in the field. According to Pertuit, “They have been great to me, and I’ve gained experience that is essential and complimentary to my studies.” Apart from that, Pertuit is taking a case team to
Orlando with the University’s Society for the Advancement of Management.
“Quinn definitely carries a level of maturity and professionalism that is far beyond his age,” UTC student Tim Baker said. Indeed, Quinn serves as an inspiration to many students of the University and college students throughout the world.
While in college, Quinn Pertuit also joined in several student organizations that helped him obtain more experiences and become a competent student leader. Pertuit even said that college experience is actually more than just achieving excellence; it is also about being involved in internships, projects, student organizations and work experiences.Quinn Pertuit Hailed as the Youngest Graduate in UTC History
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- SC congressmen say SRS has money for fuel project
- Ports Authority reaches 3 million container mark
- Atlanta federal building reopens
- Man drowns at Lake Allatoona northwest of Atlanta
- Small plane crash on Fla. beach; 2 on ground hit
- 3 wounded by gunfire in Savannah shooting
- Pilot killed in NE Georgia plane crash identified
- 4 kids hurt when car rolls down driveway
- Trial in salmonella outbreak set to begin in Ga.
- Atlanta federal building to reopen Monday
- US fuming over Israeli criticism of Kerry
- Partial building, roof collapses reported after possible tornado touches down north of Boston
- US cities clean up after powerful storms
- Doctor: Lines placed correctly in Arizona inmate
- Former Va. governor's corruption trial begins
- Report for Detroit creditor boosts value of art
- Police investigate deaths of family of 5 in Maine
- Jury deliberations resume in Ventura case
- Beijing, Chicago architects to design Lucas Museum
- Obama, European leaders hold joint call on Ukraine
- Papal first: Francis visits Pentecostal church
- Rebels: C. African Republic ceasefire 'broken'
- New Spain king moves to clean up palace's image
- UN Security Council calls for Gaza cease-fire
- US official fume as Venezuelan general slips grasp
- Ukrainian PM urges vote to pay for war
- Female suicide bomber kills several in Nigeria
- Muslims mark end of Ramadan with Eid celebrations
- Teens: We were told to stay on sinking Korean ship
- Philippine leader: Not even a bomb can stop reform
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!