Today: A few scattered storms ending this afternoon. Partly sunny with a high in the mid/upper 80s. A west, then northwest wind at 10mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low in the mid/upper 60s.
Friday: ... More...
Quinn Pertuit Hailed as the Youngest Graduate in UTC History
At the age of 19, Quinn Pertuit will graduate Magna Cum Laude on May 3, 2014 at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, making him the youngest graduate in the history of the University. Pertuit will be graduating with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Management and will begin his MBA in the Fall.
For a lot of college students, obtaining a 4-year college degree is considered as a very big achievement, especially in the rather tough economy these days. In the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga where
Pertuit will be graduating, the 4-year graduation rate is only 13%, which means that there are only 13 percent of students graduating within 4 years and surprisingly, only 38% graduate within 6 years.
It is unheard of for a student to graduate within 3 years and at the very young age of 19. In fact, the average age of UTC seniors is 26; but Pertuit says “the quality of my work and the way I present myself suppresses the age difference.”
The Office of Planning, Evaluation & Institutional Research revealed that Pertuit will also be the youngest graduate student at UTC if he will attend the University for his Master’s education. However, it is of note that Pertuit does not intend to attend UTC for graduate school.
“Pertuit is a very diligent student,” according to one of his professors at the University. Quinn also said that he was dedicated to his education, and now, all his efforts and hard work have paid off. He was very excited and he is looking forward to what the future awaits him.
Since he was admitted in college, Pertuit has always been on the Dean’s List every semester and was awarded the 2013-2014 Outstanding Senior Award this year. His internship has also helped obtain more knowledge in the field. According to Pertuit, “They have been great to me, and I’ve gained experience that is essential and complimentary to my studies.” Apart from that, Pertuit is taking a case team to
Orlando with the University’s Society for the Advancement of Management.
“Quinn definitely carries a level of maturity and professionalism that is far beyond his age,” UTC student Tim Baker said. Indeed, Quinn serves as an inspiration to many students of the University and college students throughout the world.
While in college, Quinn Pertuit also joined in several student organizations that helped him obtain more experiences and become a competent student leader. Pertuit even said that college experience is actually more than just achieving excellence; it is also about being involved in internships, projects, student organizations and work experiences.Quinn Pertuit Hailed as the Youngest Graduate in UTC History
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. investigated complaint against Dalton plant
- Ga. teen sues for in-home classes during pregnancy
- Casino company offers apology after boat got stuck
- Construction worker dies after falling from tower
- Georgia releases student growth tool
- Witnesses to plane crash give differing accounts
- Bus stranded after mechanical woes, driver illness
- Savannah police investigate 2 shootings
- Fire at suburban Atlanta home appears to be arson
- Sandy Springs police officer injured in crash
- Outcry saves rare redwood from being chopped down
- Cruz demands answers on FAA flight ban to Israel
- US: Russia firing artillery at Ukraine military
- Bombardier restructuring cuts 1,800 jobs globally
- Ga. teen sues for in-home classes during pregnancy
- Lou Gehrig's disease is rare, 1st US count finds
- Dad charged after fallen dresser kills 2 toddlers
- Prosecutors: MMA fighter won't be charged in death
- Alabama man claims penis mistakenly amputated
- US stocks stall in early afternoon amid earnings
- UN says 9 trucks enter Syria from Turkey with aid
- Jewish group wants Turkish PM to return award
- Planes with Ukraine bodies arrive in Netherlands
- Gunmen slay Nigerian traditional leader
- 6 dead in Mexico border shootings
- Police: Bomb blast kills 1 at Nigerian bus station
- UN human development report faults inequality
- UN chief condemns attack on UN school in Gaza
- UN says aid to Syria being used as `tactic of war'
- As more bodies are flown to the Netherlands, identification work continues
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!