Today: Windy and cold. Some flurries and snow showers ending. An afternoon high in the mid/upper 40s. A north wind creating a Wind Chill in the 30s. Wind North 15-30 mph.
Tonight: Clearing and much colder with freezing ... More...
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- The "Lucky Money" jackpot rolled over to $800,000 after no winner claimed the jackpot.
- 1 Fantasy 5 player wins $221,031.55 jackpot
- Ga. man gets 19 years in prison for molesting girl
- Man charged in officer shooting says he has PTSD
- Snow seen in north Ga. as winter freeze hits early
- Police bust prostitution ring in metro Atlanta
- Freeze watch across north and central Georgia
- Clinton: Ga. Senate race vote on promise of future
- Old DeKalb County jail burns again
- Jury deliberations begin in band hazing trial
- Reunion for Dallas nurse who survived Ebola, dog
- 1 Dem Senate candidate welcoming Obama's help
- New question in Texas: Can Davis survive defeat?
- California storm wets Giants parade, heads south
- Report says 60,000 veterans get triple benefits
- It's time to fall back an hour, get extra shut-eye
- 2 children, woman hit by car in Halloween crash
- AP-AM Prep-Scores and Skeds
- Nurse free to move about as restrictions eased
- 'We just had a hunch': US marshals nab Eric Frein
- Kurds in Turkey rally to back city besieged by IS
- Spain police nab 19 suspected of trafficking women
- Boko Haram leader threatens to kill German hostage
- UN panel scrambling to finish climate report
- 8 convicted for alleged same-sex wedding in Egypt
- Russia's top radio station slapped by government
- Bikers cancel party after police recover bar
- Cruise ship stuck off Norway, no damage
- UN: At least 1,273 Iraqis killed in October
- 2nd soldier claims presidency in Burkina Faso
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!