Tonight: A fair sky with an overnight low in the mid 40s.
Saturday: Sunny to partly sunny and warmer through the afternoon with a high in the mid 70s.
Saturday Night: A fair sky with a low in the low 50s (40s ... More...
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police arrest ex-boyfriend of burned Ga. woman
- Police: metro Atlanta inmate escapes work detail
- More than 335,000 have voted early in Georgia
- Woman at Ga. homeless camp wounded in knife attack
- Police: Mom, infant rescued from Savannah river
- Hacker gets prison for cyberattack stealing $9.4M
- Emory confirms Ebola no longer detected in nurse
- Emory: Tests no longer detect Ebola virus in nurse
- Ala court voids same-sex child visitation order
- Va. man wanted in fatal shooting caught in Georgia
- School gunman was homecoming prince, students say
- School gunman was Homecoming prince, students say
- Marine death is 1st in campaign against IS
- NY, New Jersey issue stronger Ebola quarantine
- Woman quarantined in New Jersey develops fever
- Feds: Nothing new on Tsarnaev, 3 slayings
- Navajo officials mull election amid confusion
- Official identifies gunman in high school attack
- 7 hurt when car smashes into California restaurant
- 3 California sheriffs' deputies shot, 1 dies
- Expert: 8,000 more Rohingya flee Myanmar
- 15 jailed for life in Argentina 'dirty war' trial
- Egypt declares emergency in northern Sinai
- Brazil presidential rivals face off in debate
- Malaysian officer back to face New Zealand charges
- Dominican agents detain woman with $70K in stomach
- 4 dead during attempted Dominican prison break
- Public donations pay for Argentine national park
- Mozambique's ruling party wins presidential race
- Nurse: Toddler who brought Ebola to Mali dies
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!