Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a few scattered showers late. Lows near 60.
A better chance of rain arrives by Tuesday, along ... More...
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia releases 2 years of school scores
- Atlanta airport general manager finalists named
- Hinesville man dies in ATV wreck
- Savannah police investigate fatal shooting
- Police seek suspect in unauthorized party shooting
- Man fatally hit by vehicle on Atlanta interstate
- Cobb police investigate crash in church lot
- Road likely to reopen as water main work continues
- Sewage plant odors could be topic of meeting
- Fundraising begins for university campus in Newnan
- Teen stowaway could face charges in California
- High court will hear case of mistaken traffic stop
- Tight security doesn't dampen mood for Boston Marathon
- Court won't hear Arizona appeal over harboring ban
- Court rejects Exxon Mobil appeal of $105M verdict
- High court rejects new Guantanamo appeal
- Facing eviction, 89-year-old smoker plans to move
- Court to look at 'born in Jerusalem' passport case
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring 21
- Biden heads to Ukraine as tensions rise
- Somali lawmaker killed in car bomb explosion
- UN condemns ethnic killings in South Sudan
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Parents: 234 girls kidnapped from Nigeria school
- Gaza militants fire missile, rockets at Israel
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- Chinese police begin carrying guns during patrols
- Anti-junta Myanmar journalist Win Tin dies at 85
- Malaysia Airlines jet turns back after gear fails
- 8 killed in Finland parachutist plane accident
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!