Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Residents of senior center displaced after water main break
- Peach State gears up for a rare big week for men's hoops
- Man struck and killed by vehicle in suburban Atlanta
- Man killed, second man hurt in Waynesboro shooting, stabbing
- After weather delay, GA to perform rare execution of a woman
- Woman killed in wrong-way interstate wreck is identified
- Savannah police investigating death of Colombian man
- Governor staff raises exceed those for teachers, others
- Muscogee schools, CSU partner on science, math, tech program
- No charges for lobbyist who brought gun to Capitol
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- Aaron Hernandez trial delayed again due to snow
- Pickup truck goes into frozen river; dead dog found inside
- Israeli PM in US for controversial speech
- Suspect in fatal Los Angeles street race held on $2M bail
- Obama plans trip to South Carolina, 48th state in office
- New York City mayor marches in gay pre-St. Patrick's parade
- 3rd child dies after carbon monoxide leak in Ohio home
- High-speed drive lands Marine in jail; struck bike officer
- Rare Native American pendant found as crew digs Ohio trench
- Estonia's ruling pro-Western Reform Party wins election
- Britain's Prince William takes on diplomatic role in China
- Seoul: North Korea test fires 2 short range missiles
- Greece protests planned Turkish air maneuvers in Aegean Sea
- Estonians vote in parliamentary election amid security fears
- Israeli military conducts 'surprise' drill in West Bank
- US officials called 'terrorists' mock Venezuela travel ban
- Russia detains Ukrainian parliament member over Odessa fire
- Popular Peru ex-minister charged in killing of journalist
- Italy resumes Navy exercise amid new tensions over Libya
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!