This should be followed by dry and seasonal weather through midweek. Daily highs near 80 and morning lows in the upper 50s. ... More...
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Polk County sheriff's deputy fatally shoots man
- BET Hip-Hop Awards holds taping of show in Atlanta
- Juror dismissed in trial of suspended DeKalb CEO
- Authorities ID men believed to be on missing plane
- Court to hear appeal of federal death row inmate
- UGA closer to building indoor football field
- Death penalty sought in death of Griffin officer
- Ga.'s crowdfunding backers hope to raise interest
- Clayton County police say teen hurt in dog attack
- Ga. plans to honor MIA Vietnam War service members
- Residents return to homes as ambush suspect hunted
- 5 killed in Pennsylvania car crash, including kids
- Secret Service boosts security outside White House
- GM recalls 221,558 sedans for fire risk
- Authorities: 5 inmates escape from California jail
- Colorado officers take scores of cats from trailer
- 2 adults, 3 kids killed in Pennsylvania car crash
- Corgi owners rally around slain Bellingham dog
- Pope chooses a moderate for Chicago archbishop
- Family of man shot by police invite chief to rally
- 5 inmates flee prison in Haiti; 2 recaptured
- Designers go for the flow at Milan Fashion Week
- S. Sudan mediators condemns renewed fighting
- State media: Suicide car bomber kills 3 in Lebanon
- Investigators at loss to explain Air Algerie crash
- Spain repatriates priest with Ebola from Africa
- Egypt court sentences 5 to death on terror charges
- Diplomats: Iran receptive to new nuke proposal
- 10 activists, officers killed in Libya
- NATO chief: Ukraine has cease-fire "in name only"
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!