Tonight: Partly to mostly cloudy and much cooler. Low in the upper 30s.
Tuesday: A mix of sun and clouds. Cooler, with a high in the mid 50s. A north wind at 5-10mph.
Tuesday Night: Cloudy. A chance for rain possible, ... More...
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Former jail clerk charged with theft from inmates
- Body found on shore of Lake Lanier
- VA regional director announces plans to retire
- Crews work to assess storm damage, restore power
- Woman dies after being shot at MARTA bus stop
- Georgia court upholds private probation law
- Woman shot at MARTA bus stop outside Atlanta
- New streetcar involved in 2 crashes before debut
- Crews work to clear storm damage, restore power
- Power restored to most customers after storms
- 2 teenage victims named in Cleveland home shooting
- Stranded sea turtles to be flown to Florida
- Honda admits failing to report deaths, injuries
- Son sought after woman run over, killed in Maine
- Lost hummingbird gets lift from St. Paul to Texas
- Security breach eyed at US embassy in Yemen
- Man sentenced in heroin death of Pickens' grandson
- Alabama deputy, 3 teens killed in head-on crash
- Academics vote to be forum on Israel boycotts
- Teens punished for prank on autistic classmate
- Cruise ship passenger lost overboard off Sydney
- Iran nuclear talks extended until July
- UN chief: Palestinian recognition gains momentum
- Nigeria's opposition condemns raid on their office
- Sinn Fein delivers list of suspected IRA rapists
- Gunmen kill scores in northeastern Nigeria
- Iran president: 'Negotiations will lead to a deal'
- US condemns Gambia's anti-gay law
- Saudi Arabia: Islamic State group linked to attack
- Syrian on hunger strike outside Greek parliament
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!