Tonight: An isolated evening t-shower possible. Otherwise partly cloudy and muggy ... More...
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fiery crash shuts down westbound lanes of I-20
- Georgia Aquarium continues effort to import whales
- 6 Tuskegee students finally home from Liberia
- Rocks tossed from bridge strike vehicles on I-985
- Authorities ID 2 people killed in helicopter crash
- SWAT team called to standoff in Powder Springs
- Southwestern Ga. university president to retire
- GA communities get $39.7 million in federal grants
- Gucci Mane to be sentenced on federal gun charge
- Ex-Atlanta court clerk sentenced in theft
- Florida couple accused of child neglect
- Negotiators in 'constant contact' to try to end Harvey standoff, free remaining hostages
- Wanted man rear-ends Washington police detective
- Woman wins $4.3M in texting while driving case
- Virginia prepares for possibility of gay marriage
- Latest Ferguson protests are smaller, more subdued
- Age no opponent for some of NFL's veteran stars
- Another American hostage at risk by Islamic State
- Former Va. governor's finances examined at trial
- Official: 4 of 6 child hostages freed in Harvey
- 4 suspects arrested over IRA letter-bomb campaign
- Fighting in eastern Ukraine kills 43 residents and govt troops in 24 hours, authorities say
- German sentenced to death in China over killings
- Dubai's Nakheel to pay $2.1 billion in debt early
- Iran's parliament dismisses moderate minister
- Jackie Chan expressed shame over son's drug arrest
- UK: man in beheading video appears to be British
- India's Iyengar, who helped popularize yoga, dies
- Protesters plant Ukraine flag on Moscow skyscraper
- Iran's parliament votes out moderate minister
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!