Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man fatally shot by central Ga. sheriff's deputy
- Phillip Lucas appointed AP reporter in Birmingham, Alabama
- Suspect arrested in 2002 death of Georgia college professor
- Attorney expecting charges against Ga. officer in shooting
- Tracy Morgan settles suit with Wal-Mart over fatal crash
- Ex-Ga. coroner pleads guilty to using dead man's bank card
- Man serving 105 years for shooting police officer found dead
- Atlanta man accused of killing wife found dead
- Gunshot spotter cuts police response times by 5 minutes
- Man arrested in 2002 murder of Georgia college professor
- The Latest: Psychiatrist who examined James Holmes testifies
- Down to the finish: 10 make finals in National Spelling Bee
- Man suing his ex for half of $1M prize gets a win in court
- Iconic Martha's Vineyard lighthouse is moving inland
- Dog saves deputy: K-9 partner stops attack at rest stop
- Bear runs through Wyoming city, falls asleep, gets captured
- Boston still has snow piles -- and they're filled with trash
- Obama meets with family of reporter killed by Islamic State
- Paper sorry for letter suggesting Obama should be executed
- Latest on flooding: Oklahoma roads, bridges still flooded
- J Lo looks forward to Morocco's top music festival
- Bakery owners to appeal 'gay cake' discrimination verdict
- UK defense chief dismisses nuclear fleet safety worries
- Belarus sentences man with opposition tattoo
- Finland's new justice minister supportive of death penalty
- Airstrikes target Yemen's rebels as fighting rages in east
- Russian opposition leader hospitalized after sudden illness
- License decision on Ukraine TV station postponed
- Sudan refused aid to injured peacekeeper, who died, UN says
- THE LATEST: Blatter returns to view amid FIFA firestorm
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!