Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Rape charge dismissed against Ga pastor
- Boone Newspapers affiliates acquire 2 Georgia newspapers
- Hearse with Bobbi Kristina Brown's body arrives at cemetery
- Former President Jimmy Carter undergoes liver operation
- Whistle-blower lawsuit settled in Navy kickbacks case
- Bobbi Kristina Brown to be buried next to mother
- Police make arrest in killing of man in Hyatt Place hotel
- Woman dies after being found unresponsive in Lake Lanier
- 'Preacher Pimp' painting prompts protests in Middle Georgia
- Driver killed when car plunges from bridge in east Georgia
- Coroner: Ohio motorist shot by cop had bottle of fragrance
- Man pleads guilty to killing 10-year-old son found in river
- Woman accused of hiring hit man to kill ex gets probation
- Feds charge 3 men accused of prepping for martial law
- Former Pennsylvania Sen. Richard Schweiker dies at 89
- Officer's killing occurred near area with history of crime
- Pennsylvania resident guilty in Chinese test-taking plot
- The Latest: Victim wants death for Holmes but also closure
- US-China nuclear agreement passes congressional review
- Police: Tourist from Texas took loaded guns to 9/11 memorial
- Whale appears alongside yachts in luxury Argentine area
- Ethiopia jails 18 Muslims over alleged terror
- Lukoil managers charged for money $1.95 bln laundering
- Venezuela prevents opposition leader from running
- Burundi rights activist shot and wounded in the capital
- 2 Israelis hurt in Jerusalem fire bomb attack
- Hunters in Africa say they have a role in conservation
- Creators of destroyed hitchhiking robot mull rebuild
- UK state to start selling shares in nationalized bank RBS
- Cranes fall on houses in Netherlands, injuries reported
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!