Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bomb threat against 2 planes at Atlanta's main airport
- Fire crews battling blaze at Douglasville apartment
- South Georgia police search for missing Cobb County couple
- Atlanta mayor: Better transit reduces income inequality
- Police investigate crash that shut down I-85 for 4 hours
- Atlanta university students research civil rights deaths
- Driver in Acworth hit-and-run killed in subsequent accident
- Wildlife officials propose opening trout waters all year
- Breakaway congregation from Ga. 'Mother Church' finds a home
- SW Georgia officer shoots attacking pit bull during eviction
- Major storm could hit northeast
- Blizzard-like conditions possible in Northeast's next storm
- Dead whale found at Seattle dock struck by ship propeller
- Ex-CEO filmed kicking dog in elevator charged with cruelty
- Balloon crew aiming to break records at last launches
- Ex-arena official sues NJ Devils GM over lost wages
- Snowplow driver escapes injury when parking garage collapses
- Man so angry he kicks pet Chihuahua, killing it
- No bombs found on planes in Atlanta after threat
- Lock of Lincoln's hair among items auctioned in Dallas
- Nepal pushed to political turmoil over new constitution
- Obama offers condolence to Abe over slain hostage
- Father of Japanese hostage reported killed still hopeful
- Zambia: Ruling party candidate wins presidential election
- Thousands march against socialist president in Venezuela
- Top US diplomat Kerry to visit Nigeria ahead of election
- Obama says terror group has killed hostage; others doubtful
- Election measure being withdrawn after Congo unrest
- Bolivia caravan celebrates return of god of prosperity
- UK nurse who contracted Ebola recovers, leaves hospital
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!