Today: A few scattered storms ending this afternoon. Partly sunny with a high in the mid/upper 80s. A west, then northwest wind at 10mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low in the mid/upper 60s.
Friday: ... More...
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bus stranded after mechanical woes, driver illness
- Savannah police investigate 2 shootings
- Fire at suburban Atlanta home appears to be arson
- Sandy Springs police officer injured in crash
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate rises to 7.6 percent
- Ga. health officials seek input on WIC program
- Regenerative engineering, medicine retreat at UGA
- Family of Georgia man shot in park gets $1.5M
- Covington police say officer shot man with sword
- Sandy Springs police find car taken in carjacking
- Judge: Why wasn't child murder suspect in jail?
- Man run over by own truck during road rage
- Gates worried about notion of US disengagement
- NYC police investigate another apparent chokehold
- Naked thieves take burgers from SW Fla eatery
- Slaying of Fla. law professor is a seeming mystery
- US hails Indonesia democracy in turbulent SE Asia
- Wyoming cave with fossil secrets to be excavated
- Calif. wine collector set for sentencing in NY
- Prayers for man who died in NY police custody
- ICC: Gadhafi-era spy chief can be tried in Libya
- Russian activists convicted of organizing riots
- EU regulator: Morning-after pill OK for all women
- Troubled Myanmar state invites back aid groups
- UK: Former reporter sentenced for phone hacking
- 2 Finnish aid workers killed in Afghanistan
- Iraq: Attack on prisoner convoy kills 60 people
- Ukrainian government moves to ban Communist Party
- Italy welcomes Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Jihadis attack besieged Syrian army base
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!