Tonight: Clear and cool with an overnight low in the mid 40s.
Thursday: Mostly sunny and warmer with an afternoon high ... More...
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah beekeeper rescues swarm at restaurant
- Georgia man pleads not guilty in deadly ND crash
- Deal set to sign bill expanding gun rights in Ga.
- Atlanta Public Schools approves record budget
- Grand jury: Deadly use of force unauthorized
- Delay sought in loud music killing trial
- Georgians urged to turn in unused medications
- 2 Ga. schools recognized for green initiatives
- Drug dog bites Ga. deputy during attempted selfie
- Regions announced for GA foster care pilot program
- Soldier convicted in WikiLeaks case gets new name
- Pop star Chris Brown's DC trial delayed for months
- Ex-CEO admits stealing from prominent NYC charity
- 3 charged with sending chemical equipment to Syria
- Sinkhole in Florida seems to be opening again
- Labor Dept. cuts levels of allowable coal dust
- Court won't overturn death sentence for Ky. man
- Scientists locate shipwreck in San Francisco Bay
- Washington school bus driver accused of bullying
- APNewsBreak: Clemency after 10 years in prison
- Bahrain moves to deport Shiite cleric
- Ferry toll hits 156 as search gets tougher
- Colombia president reinstates ousted Bogota mayor
- Guyana residents seek improvements to 911 system
- Official: Debris is not likely to be from plane
- Indonesian general says his flashy watch is a fake
- Poland holds security exercise, 1st in decades
- Yemen examines DNA of slain al-Qaida militants
- Sri Lanka to deport UK tourist with Buddha tattoo
- Ferry toll hits 150 as search gets tougher
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!