Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College
Taking a break from her salmon-fishing business in Alaska to travel south, award-winning author Leslie Leyland Fields will give a public reading at Covenant College on Thursday, November 15, 2012. Fields is returning this year as Covenant’s Nick Barker Writer in Residence.
Students in a class that Fields is teaching at Covenant will also give a reading on Saturday, November 17.
Both readings are free and open to the public, and will begin at 7:00 p.m. in the Rymer Hall Caudle Room on Covenant’s campus.
Leslie Leyland Fields is the award-winning author of several nonfiction books, including Surviving the Island of Grace, Surprise Child, and Parenting Is Your Highest Calling . . . And Eight Other Myths that Trap Us in Worry and Guilt.
She has also edited nonfiction works such as Hooked! and The Spirit of Food. Her work has been published in The Atlantic, The Christian Science Monitor, and Christianity Today, among others. She lives on Kodiak Island, Alaska, where she and her family run a salmon-fishing business.
This and previous visits by authors to Covenant are made possible by a generous grant from an anonymous Covenant College alumnus in honor of Dr. Nick Barker, late professor of English, vice president for academic affairs, and dean of the faculty.
Public Readings by Author Leslie Leyland Fields at Covenant College Thursday, November 8 2012, 02:28 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Neighbor talks about shooting before NYPD killings
- Police departments on alert after police killings
- DeKalb police: Suspect dead after standoff
- AP sources: Yates tapped for deputy AG
- Strong storms possible on Christmas Eve across Georgia
- Ga. transportation officials offer driver safety tips
- Police departments on alert after cop killings
- Man who helped subdue gunman among Carnegie Heroes
- A look at the 2 NYC officers killed in ambush
- 13 charged in Atlanta police protest
- Mayor meets with family of slain NYPD officer
- Appeals court nixes NC abortion ultrasound law
- Convict in 1964 civil-rights deaths won't confess
- Milwaukee prosecutor won't charge former officer in death of black man
- Immigrants apply for Arizona driver's licenses
- Officials: 22 indicted in multistate dog-fighting ring
- Coming soon to US: Cuba Libre, with real Cuban rum
- Stocks mostly higher at midday, extending advance
- Judge seems skeptical of challenge to Obama immigration plan
- Court sides with mom who gave birth while on methadone
- Al-Jazeera Egypt channel shuts down
- Gaza Strip to get Coca-Cola factory
- Burundi arrests brother of French police attacker
- UN chief urges better early warning of next disease outbreak
- Nigerian police: Car bomb kills 16 at bus station in Gombe
- Police: 'serious incident' unfolding in Glasgow
- Cambodia 'doctor' faces murder rap in HIV outbreak
- Palestinians say Gaza reconstruction pledges unfulfilled
- Panel: Asahi not to blame for criticism of Japan
- German bishops signal opening for some divorcees
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!