My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. man reunited with WWII memorabilia stolen in burglary
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Ga. offering free online degrees
- Fire tears through retirement community in east Georgia
- Atlanta man surrenders in shooting of Lil Wayne's tour bus
- Southern Co. casts blame at builders for nuclear plant delay
- Metro Atlanta man sentenced to 30 years in attack on ex-wife
- Jury selection underway in trial of accused police shooter
- Home Depot asks judge to dismiss consumers' data breach suit
- Georgia doctor robbed of more than money: Pants stolen, too
- Police: 15-year-old shot, killed by 2 teenagers
- 2 kids dead in gas-filled Connecticut home; mother injured
- Obama signs bill remaking NSA phone records program
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Trial ordered in death of victim of carjack 2 decades ago
- 2004 Nobel chemistry winner Irwin Rose dies at 88
- Florida teacher suspended for jamming cellphones in class
- Man under surveillance by terror investigators is shot dead
- At least 9 hurt in collision of Chicago city bus, vehicles
- Ban on billing rape victims for exams passes in Louisiana
- Menendez cites Ted Stevens' case as he seeks to move trial
- 2 found guilty of placing bombs on Canada Day 2013
- UN chief appeals for resumption of Israeli-Palestinian talks
- Small plane crashes on Mexican highway, killing all 5 aboard
- Dominican Republic to debate presidential re-election
- Colombia struggles to restore power to port hit by rebels
- UN chief urges all nations to help end Ebola in West Africa
- NGO threatens legal action against Israel over Hamas claim
- Activists: Decline of elephants in Tanzania is catastrophic
- El Salvador records post-war high of 635 homicides in May
- Mysteriously ill Russian opposition figure conscious
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!