Today: Mostly sunny and breezy. Highs in the low 80s with wind from the North 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows around 60.
Highs in the mid 80s the rest of the work week. A few showers ... More...
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia pushes adults to finish college programs
- Unaccompanied youths enroll in Dalton schools
- In GOP South, pushback against Obama climate rules
- Latest Georgia news, sports, business and entertainment
- Parents sue Georgia school system in gym mat death
- Man killed in plane crash on beach was stationed at Georgia base
- Soil type could impede industry on Georgia's coast
- Train collides with high school teacher's SUV
- Ga. woman to make court appearance in hot car case
- Sheriff, pastors to discuss church burglaries
- Pennsylvania town gets wet yet again on Rain Day
- 4 charged with murder of USC student from China
- San Francisco political adviser pleads not guilty
- Leader of Hamas military wing rules out quick cease-fire
- Police: Man dead after carjacking, home invasions
- Husband arrested in death of NBA player's aunt
- Expert: No accident with gun in porch shooting
- Institute: NKorea upgrading rocket launch site
- Man convicted of murder in fatal sauce pan beating
- Judge delays his ruling against DC handgun ban
- Heavy gunfire in Libyan capital
- Heaviest-yet Israeli bombardment kills at least 100, knocks out power plant
- Investigators still can't reach plane site
- Canada: Chinese hackers infiltrated government org
- Officials blame Colombia power outage on rebels
- Official: Venezuela tried to pressure Aruba
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested with rats
- Anti-Semitic graffiti appears in Rome amid turmoil
- Nigerian militants bomb bridge, killing 8 people
- Lavrov and Kerry talk about Cold war-era arms deal
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!