Tonight: An isolated evening t-shower possible. Otherwise partly cloudy and muggy ... More...
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Arrested US judge embarrassed, entering treatment
- Rapper Gucci Mane sentenced on federal gun charge
- Fiery crash shuts down westbound lanes of I-20
- Georgia Aquarium continues effort to import whales
- 6 Tuskegee students finally home from Liberia
- Rocks tossed from bridge strike vehicles on I-985
- Authorities ID 2 people killed in helicopter crash
- SWAT team called to standoff in Powder Springs
- Southwestern Ga. university president to retire
- GA communities get $39.7 million in federal grants
- Guilty plea expected by friend of marathon suspect
- Parents demand federal probe in NY police shooting
- Picture emerges of officer in Ferguson shooting
- Almanac predicts colder winter, hotter summer
- Drug for Ebola-like virus promising in ill monkeys
- Man who lived as hermit adjusting to society
- Former lab worker sentenced in nuke secrets plot
- Bighorn sheep escapes canal in California desert
- Bail slashed in Nevada trespasser's shooting death
- Sept. trial likely for Miss. election challenge
- Father of Norway's mass murderer asks: What if?
- French protesters urge end to Israeli airstrikes
- Iran's parliament dismisses moderate minister
- US names Hondurans to drug kingpin list
MONROVIA, Liberia (AP) -- The World Health Organization says the death toll from the Ebola outbreak in West Africa is now at least 1,350 people.
- Afghanistan orders New York Times reporter to leave the country over his election story
- Tourists evacuated amid Iceland volcano concerns
- UAE ruler approves sweeping counter-terrorism law
- Pakistan's army chief wants mass protests settled
- Lawyer says arrested Americans under suicide watch
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!