My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia parole board releases transgender inmate who sued
- The Latest: Names released in Atlanta police shootings
- The Latest: Neighbor says man shot by police was watching TV
- Missouri court throws out dispute over Ferguson prosecution
- FDA issues warning letters to powdered caffeine distributors
- Last teacher in Atlanta cheating scandal gets year in prison
- Investigators: Georgia officer likely shot by other officers
- Man dies after Ga. deputy uses Taser on him
- Cause of Cobb County apartment fire under investigation
- Immigrants with disputed status sue for GA driver's licenses
- Kerry to outline US assurances to Israel, Gulf to lawmakers
- The Latest: Missouri executes man for girl's 1989 killing
- Tropical Storm Fred moving away from Cape Verde Islands
- The Latest: Search goes on for suspect in officer's slaying
- Shell president optimistic about Arctic offshore drilling
- Man gets life in hammer deaths of octogenarian parents
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Obama buys out cinnamon rolls at Anchorage cafe
- In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alaska glacier
- Records show Washington school shooter planned killing
- Hong Kong teen faces trial over pro-democracy protest
- North Korea denies it apologized over mine blast
- China chemical factory blast toll rises to 5
- UN: Gaza could be 'uninhabitable' by 2020 if trends continue
- Guinea arrests ex-wildlife director for alleged trafficking
- Charges sought against Brazil's former chief-of-staff
- Protests block Guatemala Congress as impeachment considered
- Shots fired from Syria kill Turkish soldier
- Moldovan police chief briefly detained at Moscow airport
- Canada police bring charges against Syrian in rendition case
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!