My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ex-APS official says district ordered documents destroyed
- 2 loaded guns, 2 inert grenades recovered at Atlanta airport
- Alabama gay couple wants court victory to take effect
- Suit says DeKalb court practices unjustly target the poor
- Black breast-feeding gatherings battle troubling health gaps
- Ga. Senate passes bill requiring coverage for autism therapy
- Work begins to raise Confederate warship from Savannah River
- MLK children working to settle dispute over Bible, prize
- Tuscaloosa VA director moving to Augusta VA hospital
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate remains unchanged at 6.4 percent
- NASA moisture satellite launch scrubbed due to winds
- 35 years after boy Etan Patz vanished, murder trial to open
- Lawyer says Suge Knight was behind wheel in deadly crash
- Most of Hawaii's coral recover from mass bleaching
- 1 of 4 remaining World War II Doolittle Raiders dies at 94
- John Kerry fined $50 for failing to shovel snow outside home
- Elderly Massachusetts residents found dead after blizzard
- Obama budget to call for $1 billion for Central America
- Obama to Democrats: Time to end budget austerity
- Brother of man challenging travel restrictions on FBI list
- China education minister demands rejection of Western values
- Jamaica preparing to extradite lottery scam suspect to US
- Wife of imprisoned Saudi blogger asks Canada PM to intervene
- New Saudi king reshuffles cabinet
- At least 2 dead, more than 50 hurt in gas explosion at children's hospital,
- Several simultaneous attacks in Egypt's Sinai kill 6
- Russian woman arrested after giving information to Ukraine
- Simultaneous attacks target security forces in Egypt's Sinai
- London summons Russian envoy after bombers near UK airspace
- Belarus to host new round of Ukrainian peace talks
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!