My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
Ashley Reagan from Loftis Middle School has been named the local winner of the Barnes & Noble My Favorite Teacher Contest. Reagan was chosen from over 40 entries at Barnes & Noble Hamilton Place. She was nominated by Chris Lee.
Students were invited to nominate their favorite teacher by writing essays, poems, or thank-you letters that explain how their teacher has influenced their life and reveal why they appreciate and admire him or her. Entries were judged on the compelling nature of the teacher’s qualities, the sincerity of the student’s appreciation, and the quality of expression and writing.
Reagan will be recognized at an event on April 15, 2013 at 7:00pm at Barnes & Noble where they will receive a special award acknowledging their achievement, and additional recognition and praise from the community. Chris Lee, who wrote the winning essay, will receive a certificate of recognition and will be reading the winning essay and honored at the Hamilton Place store during a ceremony for the winning teacher.
Reagan will now be entered into the regional competition where five winners will be chosen. Each regional winner will receive a NOOK Tablet and a $500 Barnes & Noble gift card. From the pool of five regional winners, Barnes & Noble will name one teacher the Barnes & Noble National Teacher of the Year. The winning teacher will receive $5,000 and the title of Teacher of the Year. The will winner will be recognized at a special community celebration at their local Barnes & Noble store. The winning teacher’s school will receive $5,000 as well.
My Favorite Teacher Contest Winner
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 injured when Amtrak train hits car in North Carolina
- Ga. hospital agrees to $20 million false billing settlement
- Director of state agency that investigates judges steps down
- Trial begins for woman accused in convenience store slaying
- High school teacher killed in wreck with prom-going teens
MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) -- About 80,000 people attended the annual Taste of Marietta festival in northern Atlanta.
- 2 killed in northwest Atlanta shooting
- 82nd Airborne holds change of responsibility ceremony
- Police say teenager hit, killed 2-year-old Georgia boy
- Lawyer in Atlanta cheating case previews new support group
- 5 people shot, 2 of them fatally, near church during funeral
- USS Constitution closed for repairs, to partly open in June
- Police: School shooter said he didn't plan to hurt students
- Latest on police-custody death: Massive fire related to riot
- US court upholds Chicago suburb's assault weapons ban
- Eds: Recasts lede. With AP Photos.
- 'Batman' trial tries to look inside Colorado shooter's mind
- NWS: At least 8 tornadoes touched down in Texas Sunday
- Hawaii fertility law leaves out singles, same-sex couples
- Federal board declines request to reopen Buddy Holly crash
- Colombia's health ministry seeks to halt coca spraying
- Captain of doomed ferry sentenced to life in prison
- AP Interview: UNESCO chief says Nepal sites 'huge disaster'
- Niger army retakes control of island from Boko Haram
- Gunman shouting Allahu akbar in Bosnia storms police station
- Armed group, allied with Mali government, attacks town
- Building collapses at Saudi university, killing 4 workers
- Burundi Red Cross: 6 killed in anti-president protests
- Sicilian court convicts 20 Somalis of migrant-trafficking
- Uruguay urges ex-Guantanamo detainees to sign for housing
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!