Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
Dr. Skip Jenkins, associate professor of historical theology at Lee University, has been selected as the winner of the 2013 Janet Rahamut Award.
The Janet Rahamut Award is given in recognition to the faculty member that exhibits the most heart for students evidenced by frequent interaction and positive involvement with them outside of the classroom.
The award is named in memory of Dr. Janet Rahamut, a veteran English professor whose tragic death in 2000 shocked the campus and left a tremendous void in the collective heart of the Lee family. The award was created to honor Rahamut’s dedication to her students, in and out of the classroom.
Jenkins joined the Lee University School of Religion in the fall of 2004. He teaches courses such as Introduction to Theology, Doctrine of the Holy Spirit, and Freshman Gateway Seminar. He also teaches graduate seminars on prayer, the Trinity, and early Christian doctrine. In addition, Jenkins currently serves as the director of Lee’s Graduate Studies in Biblical and Theological Studies.
Since being at Lee, Jenkins has co-established an open discussion forum on campus called “Conversations on Apologetics,” and founded, with his wife, a student-oriented mentoring house whose stated purpose is spiritual, academic, and social accountability.
Jenkins received the Excellence in Advising Award in 2012.
The recipient of the Janet Rahamut Award is chosen by a student committee chaired by the Student Leadership Council chairperson and sponsored by the Vice President for Student Development.
“I cherish this award most of all because it was granted to me by a committee of students,” said Jenkins.
Jenkins obtained his PhD in Systematic Theology at Marquette University, two master’s degrees at Duke University Divinity School, one in general theological studies (MTS), the other with an emphasis in historical theology (ThM), and his BA in Bible and Theology at Lee University.
Jenkins is a member of the South Cleveland Church of God, where he teaches discipleship classes. He is also an active member of The Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Jenkins is married to Larisa Ard, and they have four children: Merritt, Eleanor, Eli and Ava.
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- MLK children working to settle dispute over Bible, prize
- Tuscaloosa VA director moving to Augusta VA hospital
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate remains unchanged at 6.4 percent
- 1 person killed, 3 others wounded in DeKalb County shooting
- Plane Train at Atlanta's airport to get major overhaul
- Salman Rushdie to deliver lecture on human rights at Emory
- Kennesaw State to host high school science bowl
- Before harbor gets deepened, Confederate shipwreck must go
- Sen. David Perdue tapped to lead 2 Senate subcommittees
- Georgia House leaders to introduce transportation plan
- Colleague-turned-lover charged in woman's 1991 death
- US court in Virginia hears 2 Somali pirates' appeals
- Head-on collision in US 93 in western Arizona kills 2
- 4th person faces murder charges in deadly house explosion
- 2 dead, officer injured in South Philadelphia house fire
- Police: Family killed man over child custody dispute
- NY man gets 40 to life for killing mom, stepdad with rock
- Argentina buries prosecutor who accused gov't of cover-up
- NASA remembering 17 astronauts killed in the line of duty
- 10 Things to See: A week of top AP photos
- London summons Russian envoy after bombers near UK airspace
- Belarus to host new round of Ukrainian peace talks
- Bosnian presidency adopts plan on how to get closer to EU
- Ice, snow hit Britain, closing Manchester Airport
- Gas blast at Mexico City children's hospital causes fatalities
- Jamaican charged with killing US retiree who lived on island
- Ukraine: Russia-backed rebels overrun another town in east
- Wife of Japanese hostage appeals for his release
- Deadline passes with no word on Jordanian pilot
- Syria talks in Moscow end without visible results
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!