Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
Dr. Skip Jenkins, associate professor of historical theology at Lee University, has been selected as the winner of the 2013 Janet Rahamut Award.
The Janet Rahamut Award is given in recognition to the faculty member that exhibits the most heart for students evidenced by frequent interaction and positive involvement with them outside of the classroom.
The award is named in memory of Dr. Janet Rahamut, a veteran English professor whose tragic death in 2000 shocked the campus and left a tremendous void in the collective heart of the Lee family. The award was created to honor Rahamut’s dedication to her students, in and out of the classroom.
Jenkins joined the Lee University School of Religion in the fall of 2004. He teaches courses such as Introduction to Theology, Doctrine of the Holy Spirit, and Freshman Gateway Seminar. He also teaches graduate seminars on prayer, the Trinity, and early Christian doctrine. In addition, Jenkins currently serves as the director of Lee’s Graduate Studies in Biblical and Theological Studies.
Since being at Lee, Jenkins has co-established an open discussion forum on campus called “Conversations on Apologetics,” and founded, with his wife, a student-oriented mentoring house whose stated purpose is spiritual, academic, and social accountability.
Jenkins received the Excellence in Advising Award in 2012.
The recipient of the Janet Rahamut Award is chosen by a student committee chaired by the Student Leadership Council chairperson and sponsored by the Vice President for Student Development.
“I cherish this award most of all because it was granted to me by a committee of students,” said Jenkins.
Jenkins obtained his PhD in Systematic Theology at Marquette University, two master’s degrees at Duke University Divinity School, one in general theological studies (MTS), the other with an emphasis in historical theology (ThM), and his BA in Bible and Theology at Lee University.
Jenkins is a member of the South Cleveland Church of God, where he teaches discipleship classes. He is also an active member of The Society for Pentecostal Studies.
Jenkins is married to Larisa Ard, and they have four children: Merritt, Eleanor, Eli and Ava.
Jenkins Receives Janet Rahamut Award
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- In Supreme Court loss, death penalty foes see an opening
- Smyrna police to begin wearing body cameras
- Largest Southern Co. subsidiary enters rooftop solar market
- Georgia gas, hotel taxes to increase starting Wednesday
- Finalist named for Georgia Regents University presidency
- Georgia gas taxes to increase starting Wednesday
- Embattled rebel flag reassessed at Georgia's Stone Mountain
- Man drowns in state park in south Georgia
- Teens storm Georgia Wal-Mart in wild rampage of destruction
- 2 Fantasy 5 players win jackpot worth $100,509.28
- Hawaii lawmaker assaulted at homeless camp
- Fire crews make gains against damaging Washington wildfire
- State Department to release Clinton emails on Tuesday night
- Chicago schools make pension payment; 1,400 jobs 'impacted'
- Investigator: Removal of Alaska plane wreckage weeks away
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Widow of prominent Ky. defense lawyer sues over his killing
- Family of immigrant killed by police gets documents
- Service honors last of 9 Charleston church shooting victims
- Authorities: Gay slur carved into Utah man's arm was staged
- The Latest on Indonesia: Bodies brought out of hospital
- Thousands expected at Hong Kong pro-democracy rally
- Arrest order issued for vice president of Honduran Congress
- Mexico: Boy shot in head when gunmen fire on military convoy
- Smoking ban seems cause of 15-hour Australian prison riot
- Man accused in Boko Haram abduction of Chibok girls arrested
- French soldiers accused of sexual abuse of minors in Africa
- US senator on visit to Venezuela amid diplomatic detente
- Police replace soldiers on security duty in big Rio slum
- Yemen fighting allows 1,200 prisoners to flee
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!