Hamilton County PTA Award Winners
The Hamilton County Council of PTAs (HCC of PTAs) hosted its annual Principals and PTA Awards Dinner Tuesday night. The organization handed out 11 awards to different Hamilton County public schools and educators, including:
-- Hamilton County PTA Elementary School Principal of the Year - Dr. Shane Harwood, Nolan Elementary (pictured left)
-- Hamilton County PTA Middle School Principal of the Year - Sandra Barnwell - Hixson Middle School (pictured, print jacket)
-- Hamilton County PTA High School Principal of the Year - Dr. Tom McCullough - Signal Mountain Middle High School (pictured, red tie)
-- Hamilton County Elementary School PTA of the Year - Westview Elementary - PTA President Ashlie Henderson
-- Hamilton County Middle School PTA of the Year -Hixson Middle School - PTA President Leigh Ann Goebel (pictured, green jacket)
-- Hamilton County High School PTA of the Year - Signal Mountain Middle High School - PTA Co-Presidents Jill Steelman & Sally Boals
-- Most parent volunteer hours for a magnet school - CSAS
-- Most parent volunteer hours for a non-magnet school - Wallace A. Smith Elementary
-- Largest PTA membership according to enrollment - Signal Mountain Middle High School
-- Largest PTA percentage membership increase - East Hamilton Middle High School
-- Largest PTA numerical membership increase - East Hamilton Middle High School
-- Friend of PTA award - Samevelyn Rock - Teacher & Former Hamilton County Education Association PresidentHamilton County PTA Award Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man finds part of human skull on beach; identity is mystery
- Tennessee police cancel Amber Alert for 14-year-old girl
- Pregnant woman shot to death in west Georgia
- Ga. man sentenced for shooting at fishermen's boat
- Smyrna police offering business owners escort program
- Ga. man sentenced in shooting death of 23-month-old grandson
- Teens arrested in theft of restaurant's sweet tea dispenser
- Waycross woman struck and killed by train
- Augusta aims to expand its herd of grass-gobbling goats
- Georgians to visit New York as part of crime-fighting plan
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Storm brings flash flooding to Las Vegas
- New Orleans: Officer arrested for obstruction of justice
- Thousands of birds abandon eggs, nests on Florida island
- South Carolina Senate votes to take down Confederate flag
- Vietnam Communist Party chief to visit Obama at White House
- Gay wedding cake at center of Colorado Appeals Court case
- After legal fight, public path to 'Billionaires' Beach' open
- California right-to-die bill struggling ahead of key vote
- Southwest Airlines: Blown tire forces return to airport
- Tunisian govt defends emergency measures
BERLIN (AP) -- The United Nations' human rights office says the number of civilians killed in three months of violence in Yemen has risen above 1,500.
- The Latest: Germany's Schaeuble opposes Greek debt cut
- Prosecutors seek 3 1/2 years in prison for ex-Auschwitz guard
- Greek coast guard search for missing migrants after sinking
- Turkish Airlines plane diverted to New Delhi over bomb scare
- Militants attack government-held neighborhood in north Syria
- The Latest: Greece faces 'nightmarish dysfunctionality'
- Ultra-Orthodox Israeli minister slams Reform Judaism members
- 2 Americans, 1 Briton gored in 1st Pamplona bull-run
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!