Hamilton County Enrollment Increases by 890 Students
Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith says the first day enrollment for Hamilton County Schools increased by 890 students compared to the first day in 2011.
That represents a 2.25 percent increase.
The largest increase is in elementary which the superintendent said was expected due to the impact of business and industry coming to Hamilton County.
CLICK HERE for a detailed enrollment report.Hamilton County Enrollment Increases by 890 Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man shot in chest in Macon
- Funerals for 2 Georgia Southern students killed in crash
- Man found stabbed to death in Roswell
- Atlanta developer plans to add 6 stories to high rise
- Interstate 285 reopened after charter-bus accident
- 7-foot bear breaks out of Ellijay garage
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- Severe weather expected across the Southeast
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) -- No tickets matched all four "Lucky Money" numbers plus the Lucky Ball, bringing the next jackpot to $550,000.
- 1 Fantasy 5 player wins $235,923.95 jackpot
- The Latest: Large crowds expected for Freddie Gray protest
- 'Operation Babylift' kids, soldiers reunite 40 years later
- Native youth kick off Generation Indigenous challenge
- Coyote collared after lower Manhattan police chase
- Man arrested in slaying of Indiana University student
- US unveils 6-year-old report on NSA surveillance
- Teen's life celebrated on prom-day stabbing's anniversary
- Appalachian nonprofit links small farmers with big grocers
- Authorities: Mom of dead newborn found at college is student
- Love, cookies helped sisters lost in Michigan woods survive
- UN chief appoints new Yemen special envoy
- Burundi president nominated for third term
- Aden hit by coalition airstrikes amid fierce street battles
- Spain activates alert as oil spill threatens Canary Islands
- Jailed Venezuelan mayor transferred from prison to hospital
- Turkey's Erdogan slams nations recognizing Armenian genocide
- Frenchman's execution in Indonesia may be suspended
- Scope of death from Nepal earthquake expands
- 8 dead as quake-triggered avalanche sweeps Everest
- Nepal police: 449 dead in quake, including 181 in Kathmandu
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!