Hamilton County Enrollment Increases by 890 Students
Hamilton County Schools Superintendent Rick Smith says the first day enrollment for Hamilton County Schools increased by 890 students compared to the first day in 2011.
That represents a 2.25 percent increase.
The largest increase is in elementary which the superintendent said was expected due to the impact of business and industry coming to Hamilton County.
CLICK HERE for a detailed enrollment report.Hamilton County Enrollment Increases by 890 Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Residents of senior center displaced after water main break
- Peach State gears up for a rare big week for men's hoops
- Man struck and killed by vehicle in suburban Atlanta
- Man killed, second man hurt in Waynesboro shooting, stabbing
- After weather delay, GA to perform rare execution of a woman
- Woman killed in wrong-way interstate wreck is identified
- Savannah police investigating death of Colombian man
- Governor staff raises exceed those for teachers, others
- Muscogee schools, CSU partner on science, math, tech program
- No charges for lobbyist who brought gun to Capitol
- Amish to be resentenced for remaining charges in attacks
- No injuries as train hits empty vehicle in Ventura County
- Dearth of jobs a barrier to post-bankruptcy Detroit's growth
- Hearing to begin for suspect in Jewish site shootings
- 2 train cars carrying crude derail in New Orleans; no spill
- Survey: Parents increasingly ask doctors to delay vaccines
- Los Angeles police shoot, kill man after Skid Row struggle
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- Aaron Hernandez trial delayed again due to snow
- Pickup truck goes into frozen river; dead dog found inside
- Australia bans travel to Iraqi city of Mosul under new law
- Kerry set to defend Israel before UN rights panel
- Kerry, Russian FM meet in Geneva as Ukraine tensions simmer
- Myanmar prevents student protesters from marching to Yangon
- UN report: Libya's flow of weapons needs tighter controls
- Canadian gets 7 years in jail in Nepal for child sex abuse
- Estonia's ruling pro-Western Reform Party wins election
- Britain's Prince William takes on diplomatic role in China
- Seoul: North Korea test fires 2 short range missiles
- Greece protests planned Turkish air maneuvers in Aegean Sea
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!