Hamilton Co. School Board Approves New East Brainerd Elementary
The Hamilton County School Board unanimously approved a plan Thursday evening to build a new East Brainerd Elementary School.
The Board approved a $23 million plan that must still go before the county commission.
TWH Architects were chosen as the builders. A representative for the company said they would hope to break ground in early February. The company's bid was 10 percent lower than others.
Hamilton Co. School Board Approves New East Brainerd Elementary Thursday, December 19 2013, 06:18 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man drowns in state park in south Georgia
- Teens storm Georgia Wal-Mart in wild rampage of destruction
- 2 Fantasy 5 players win jackpot worth $100,509.28
- Johns Creek mayor to lead Georgia Municipal Association
- Hearse and body stolen in Atlanta; police arrest suspect
- 5th man arrested on charge tied to Indiana HIV outbreak
- Man told to remove NRA hat at polls agrees to drop lawsuit
- Ga. man sentenced in robbery arranged through Craigslist
- Georgia attorney general chosen for leadership position
- GBI probing deputy-involved shooting in west Georgia
- State Department names new Guantanamo special envoy
- High court won't hear Nevada patient dumping case
- Complaint: Family detention can lead to psychological harm
- Justices will hear new case on Arizona state redistricting
- US stocks open higher as hopes rise for late deal on Greece
- Angry protesters whitewash rainbow flag on West Bank barrier
- Woman faces sentencing in death, dismemberment of adult son
- Man jailed for not paying $749 fare for 300-mile cab ride
- Woman, 75, found alive 2 days after crash into Texas ravine
- Pennsylvania racetrack cancels races due to running deer
- Syrian government airstrike kills 17 in insurgent-held town
- NZ man gets 15 years prison in Indonesia in drug smuggling
- Vatican doesn't rule out pope might chew Bolivian coca
- Syrian troops regain area from IS in northeastern city
- The Latest: Afghanistan extends UN police funding program
- The Latest: Greece lists banks to open for pensioners
- Czech minister cleared of allegations he was secret agent
- The Latest: UEFA ready to help Greek soccer clubs
- Investigators still have no suspects in downing of MH17
- Liberia quarantines community where corpse tested for Ebola
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!