Gov. Haslam to Speak Tuesday at Chattanooga Schools Event
Gov. Bill Haslam will be the keynote speaker for the 33rd annual Superintendent's Honors Banquet in Chattanooga on Tuesday.
The celebration is sponsored by the Hamilton County school district's Fund for Excellence. It recognizes the top 10 percent of each graduating class at Hamilton County's 17 high schools.
According to the school district, participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester of their senior year. This year 262 students, along with their parents, will be honored.Gov. Haslam to Speak Tuesday at Chattanooga Schools Event
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Correction: Unattended Child Campaign story
- 1 person dead in collision with fire department vehicle
- Police arrest man after car involved in 2 police chases
- 2 arrested in Savannah after car broadsides police car
- Georgia post to give Vietnam vets homecoming they never had
- 2 Fantasy 5 players each win $93,551.64 jackpot
- East Point police investigate shooting of security guard
- Man found in Chattahoochee may have fallen from boat
- Police investigate suspicious death of security guard
- Mayor: Plan for bullet train likely stopped in its tracks
- The Latest on weather: Governor calls damage 'devastating'
- Police: 3 kids injured when waterspout uproots bounce house
- The Latest: Death toll from Mexico twister climbs to 13
- Anonymous threats against airliners prompt plane searches
- NFL player Ray McDonald arrested in domestic violence case
- Cause of death of child in swing undetermined after autopsy
- Couple missing for 2 weeks drank rainwater, ate oranges
- The Latest on weather: Vehicles line up outside damaged town
- Veterans History Project nears 100,000 items at US library
- Knotty exhibit planned for pope symbolizes life's challenges
- UN chief wants more options for refugees, recalls lost home
- Hundreds of taxi drivers march in Mexico against Uber
- Nigerian court orders release of senator arrested in 'Orange is the New Black'-related case
- Galapagos Island volcano erupts first time in 33 years
- Ireland's first gay marriage possible by July, minister says
- Elections in Suriname to decide gov't for next 5 years
- Independent candidate rides hated of politics in Mexico
- German protests Russia's decision to turn away Merkel ally
- Egypt official says Sinai extremists kill soldier in clashes
- Bangladesh bans Islamist group accused of killing bloggers
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!