Gov. Haslam to Speak Tuesday at Chattanooga Schools Event
Gov. Bill Haslam will be the keynote speaker for the 33rd annual Superintendent's Honors Banquet in Chattanooga on Tuesday.
The celebration is sponsored by the Hamilton County school district's Fund for Excellence. It recognizes the top 10 percent of each graduating class at Hamilton County's 17 high schools.
According to the school district, participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester of their senior year. This year 262 students, along with their parents, will be honored.Gov. Haslam to Speak Tuesday at Chattanooga Schools Event
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Elderly Ga. woman found dead in ditch
- Deadline nears for end of 2015 Ga. legislative session
- Central Arkansas officials apply to host football bowl game
- Governor says he will sign transportation funding proposal
- Jury begins Day 8 of deliberations in school cheating trial
- Couple suspected in 1992 death to be extradited to Kansas
- Woman sent to prison for setting fire to homeless camp
- Woman added to Tennessee Top Ten Most Wanted list caught
- Witnesses say boy, 3, killed when he accidentally fires gun
- Day 8 of deliberations in Atlanta schools cheating trial
- Arkansas Senate approves updated religious-objections bill
- Allegiant Air pilots strike averted by court ruling
- NYC detective's video rant at Uber cab driver spurs transfer
- Suspect in death of boy found in bag in creek passes on bond
- DA won't seek death penalty in Las Vegas mom's slaying
- Duke University investigates noose found hanging on campus
- Advocates say Indiana woman's sentence for feticide alarming
- Arkansas woman now world's oldest person, wants Obama visit
- Obama urges unity in Nigeria after historic election
- Police: 4 found dead in Tulsa home after mom, dad miss work
- Hugo Chavez' favorite daughter makes UN debut as US bashed
- Lacking faith in government, Mexican parents approach cartel
- Amnesty: Gambia sentences 3 to death for attempted coup
- Gay Premier urges businesses in Indiana to move to Ontario
- Gay premier urges businesses in Indiana to move to Ontario
- French officials: Alps avalanche kills 3 tourists, injures 1
- Al-Jazeera journalist says Canada not issuing him passport
- New Nigerian leader vows to go after Boko Haram
- 9 UK citizens headed to Syria arrested, Turkey military says
- 10 Ebola cases found during Sierra Leone's shutdown
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!