Gov. Haslam to Speak Tuesday at Chattanooga Schools Event
Gov. Bill Haslam will be the keynote speaker for the 33rd annual Superintendent's Honors Banquet in Chattanooga on Tuesday.
The celebration is sponsored by the Hamilton County school district's Fund for Excellence. It recognizes the top 10 percent of each graduating class at Hamilton County's 17 high schools.
According to the school district, participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester of their senior year. This year 262 students, along with their parents, will be honored.Gov. Haslam to Speak Tuesday at Chattanooga Schools Event
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Electrical short in van blamed for fire at Albany body shop
- Man dead, woman critically injured in shootings near Atlanta
- Georgia to execute only woman on state's death row
- Residents of senior center displaced after water main break
- Peach State gears up for a rare big week for men's hoops
- Man struck and killed by vehicle in suburban Atlanta
- Man killed, second man hurt in Waynesboro shooting, stabbing
- After weather delay, GA to perform rare execution of a woman
- Woman killed in wrong-way interstate wreck is identified
- Savannah police investigating death of Colombian man
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- NASA spacecraft nearing its second stop -- dwarf planet Ceres
- Homeland Security funding deal elusive
- Justices hear challenge to independent electoral map drawers
- Obama-Netanyahu relations never promised happily-ever-after
- Judge to hold hearing on last-minute issues in bombing trial
- Ice slows business, traffic on Northeast waterways
- Covert 'body sculptor' says clients chose her over surgeons
- No injuries as train hits empty car in Ventura County
- Amish to be resentenced for remaining charges in attacks
- Israel says it foiled Gaza smuggling ring helping Hamas
- Ukraine's leader urges peacekeeping mission for the east
- Child porn court case closed against German ex-lawmaker
- Namibian president wins African leadership prize
- Former school principal: 'Jihadi John' hardworking student
- French foreign minister wants probe into Nemtsov killing
- Bangladesh arrests suspect in killing of American blogger
- US drone kills 2 suspected al-Qaida militants in Yemen
- Russian opposition leader asks for early release
- Australia bans travel to Iraqi city of Mosul under new law
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!