Gov. Haslam to Speak Tuesday at Chattanooga Schools Event
Gov. Bill Haslam will be the keynote speaker for the 33rd annual Superintendent's Honors Banquet in Chattanooga on Tuesday.
The celebration is sponsored by the Hamilton County school district's Fund for Excellence. It recognizes the top 10 percent of each graduating class at Hamilton County's 17 high schools.
According to the school district, participants are selected based on their grade point average at the end of the first semester of their senior year. This year 262 students, along with their parents, will be honored.Gov. Haslam to Speak Tuesday at Chattanooga Schools Event
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Wiz Khalifa, De La Soul, 2 Chainz headline A3C festival
- Clinton racks up elected Dems in Georgia
- Burke County football player dies 2 weeks after collapsing
- Macon 'Dirty Bird' rapper facing drug trafficking charges
- Second teenager in 2 days shot to death in Union City
- 2 men charged in 1999 Nashville theater shooting
- Effort to bring minor league baseball to Macon moves forward
- Atlanta man sentenced in homeless check cashing scheme
- Police probing deaths of 2 Savannah children
- Trial begins in death of man found in Georgia jail cell
- Obama apologizes to Doctors Without Borders, offers condolences over US attack in Afghanistan
- House conservatives oppose McCarthy, search for alternative
- Ex-teammate: Arrested NBA player was giving cash to homeless
- Ohio seizes 4 bears as crackdown on exotic animals continues
- US: Afghan at Guantanamo who faced trial can now be released
- Attorney: LAPD officers feared ambush after rap video
- The Latest: Governor says they're keeping close eye on dams
- Fire strikes 92-year-old church on Chicago's South Side
- Government tests technology to find illegal drone operators
- Eastern Kentucky University cancels classes, cites threat
- Aid group seeks fact-finding mission over Kunduz strike
- South Africa: Archbishop Desmond Tutu marks 84th birthday
- Former Anglican bishop sentenced for sex assaults on teens
- EU to agree crack down on people refused asylum or residency
- Holocaust-era archive places thousands of documents online
- Russian warships fire cruise missiles as Assad launches ground offensive in central Syria
- The Latest: EU to crack down on people refused asylum
- Israeli team advances in contest to send spacecraft to moon
- UK's Cameron: I'll get tough in EU negotiations
- Romania: lawyer to dictator's son and a killer dog dies, 83
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!