Free Workshop on College Financial Aid
PEF & partners will host a free college financial aid workshop titled "College Goal Tennessee 2014" on Saturday, January 25th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the UTC University Center at 615 McCallie Avenue. High school students, parents and educators are invited to learn how students can succeed in college and how to apply for financial aid. There will be volunteers on site to help fill out FAFSA forms (Free Application for Student Aid) - the federal financial aid form that students/parents are required to file for students to be eligible to receive any state or federal aid.
A free lunch will be provided, so participants must register at http://youngandwiser.org.
This free workshop is sponsored by PEF, UTC, Young & Wiser, Inc., College Goal Tennessee & SACAC (Southern Association for College Admission Counseling)
For more information, contact PEF VP of College & Career Success Stacy Lightfoot at email@example.com or 423-648-4443.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man shot and killed in Atlanta suburb of Lithonia
- Police identify man shot near Underground Atlanta
- Man stabbed after opening door to his hotel room in Augusta
- Man working on car along road struck, killed by vehicle
- Man faces murder charges after gun fires, striking toddler
- Legislators dub 2015 General Assembly 'year of the child'
- Hall County graduates record number of female firefighters
- Final service for Presbyterian church in Lexington
- Marietta schools superintendent proposes teacher raises
- Man shot in downtown Atlanta parking deck
- The Latest on Nepal: Nepal urging foreign rescuers to leave
- Police: 4 dead, 1 hurt in shooting on Wisconsin bridge
- Survey: States spent heavily to clear winter snow and ice
- 3 congregants killed when semi slams into church van
- 5 Tufts students go on hunger strike over janitor layoffs
- 4.0 magnitude quake near San Francisco suburb
- Waitress to governor: Give tip to Kansas schools
- Arizona girl dies after swing set breaks suddenly
- All-female Smith College to accept transgender applicants
- Giant billowing aerial sculpture installed over Boston park
- Everest climbing season likely over in Nepal
- Retiring Hong Kong police chief slams radical protesters
- Suicide bomber strikes government bus in Afghanistan, 1 dead
- Magnitude-5.6 quake jolts New Zealand; no major damage
- Philippine military chief confirms wanted militant killed
- Australia says Europeans seek advice on stopping migrants
- Puerto Rico governor signs order legalizing medical pot
- Nepal shuts airport to big jets; more bodies found
- Rebels kill 8 Indian paramilitary soldiers
- Freed Nigerian captives tell of harrowing experiences
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!