Free Workshop on College Financial Aid
PEF & partners will host a free college financial aid workshop titled "College Goal Tennessee 2014" on Saturday, January 25th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. at the UTC University Center at 615 McCallie Avenue. High school students, parents and educators are invited to learn how students can succeed in college and how to apply for financial aid. There will be volunteers on site to help fill out FAFSA forms (Free Application for Student Aid) - the federal financial aid form that students/parents are required to file for students to be eligible to receive any state or federal aid.
A free lunch will be provided, so participants must register at http://youngandwiser.org.
This free workshop is sponsored by PEF, UTC, Young & Wiser, Inc., College Goal Tennessee & SACAC (Southern Association for College Admission Counseling)
For more information, contact PEF VP of College & Career Success Stacy Lightfoot at email@example.com or 423-648-4443.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: Gunman attacks teacher on her way to school
- Rascal Flatts to headline Rock 'n' Roll Savannah Marathon
- Police suspend search of wells for teen missing since 2007
- Police investigate killing of man south of Atlanta
- Water park set to open in North Augusta next year
- Soldier charged in the death of fellow soldier in home
- Police's mobile app hopes to assist during holiday weekend
- New president chosen for Southeastern Technical College
- Georgia releases first results of new standardized test
- Man shot to death while visiting friends in Atlanta
- LL Bean stores in Freeport to close for leader's memorial
- Review cites problems at Texas hospital during Ebola crisis
- Gang member sentenced to death in soccer tournament shooting
- New Hampshire town celebrates notable '65 UFO sighting
- Deaths of family after Jersey shore fire were murder-suicide
- Missing comma means certain records are off-limits
- The Latest on a Marine helicopter accident that killed 1
- Court calls man's prison term of up to 216 years 'excessive'
- The Latest: Jailed clerk's husband says she won't resign
- AM Prep-Kickers
- Thai court sentences 4 to life in prison over rally attack
- Fire in Greek psychiatric hospital leaves 3 dead
- Supporters of Christian Lebanese leader protest in Beirut
- 4 men plead guilty in major London jewel heist over Easter
- Sinai peacekeeping official says force attacked in white car
- The Latest: More migrants rescued from sea off Greece
- Spanish train drivers go on strike but impact appears muted
- Denmark: ex-PM candidates for UN refugee agency top job
- The Latest: British leader pledges more help for migrants
- South Africa's Nobel laureate Desmond Tutu leaves hospital
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!