EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
EPB announced winners in the 2013 EPB Black History Month Essay Contest. The winners were honored during Thursday evening’s annual awards banquet.
In the attached picture are from left to right in the front row Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger, Kendra Anderson of Hunter Middle School, Preston Fore of Hunter Middle School, Jack Wu of Hunter Middle School and EPB President & CEO Harold DePriest. In the back row from left to right are Alex Cotter of Central High School, Cheyenne Johnson of Hunter Middle School, Jasmine Pulliam of Chattanooga High School Center For Creative Arts and Emily Moser of Hunter Middle School. Not pictured is Daniel Jackson of Central High School.
EPB invited students throughout the community to compete in the 9th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest. Students were asked to write an essay detailing contributions they will make to the African-American story. Whether the talent is art, writing, music, leadership or kindness, each student has the power to make an impact no matter their ethnicity.
EPB invites everyone to share praise for these very bright and talented students for their contributions to our community and it’s future.EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia only SEC member among top 10 party school list
- Ga education agency seeks members for student advisory panel
- Video appears to show deputy kicking handcuffed man
- Rape charge dismissed against Ga pastor
- Boone Newspapers affiliates acquire 2 Georgia newspapers
- Hearse with Bobbi Kristina Brown's body arrives at cemetery
- Former President Jimmy Carter undergoes liver operation
- Whistle-blower lawsuit settled in Navy kickbacks case
- Bobbi Kristina Brown to be buried next to mother
- Police make arrest in killing of man in Hyatt Place hotel
- Hearing set in courthouse shooting as revenge motive eyed
- Mormon church to release more documents from founder
- Court records: Man officially charged in officer's death
- More fights ahead on Planned Parenthood after Senate vote
- New Hampshire officials probing tent collapse that killed 2
- Drought could hurt endangered fish caught in water fight
- 2 dead, 22 hurt in New Hampshire tent collapse
- Report: 2 dead, 22 hurt in New Hampshire tent collapse
- Alligator attacks worker at Forever Florida attraction
- Man faces federal charges in 2012 Molotov cocktail attack
- Catalan leader calls elections aimed at breaking with Spain
- Prosecutors start criminal investigation into crane collapse
- Kurdish rebels attack Turkish military vehicle; 2 killed
- Germany: 27 injured in fire at former air-raid shelter
- Yemen pro-government troops say have taken key base in south
- Swiss customs seize 578 pounds of ivory en route to China
- Pakistani, Indian troops trade fire, killing 3 in Kashmir
- Israel arrests man after West Bank arson that killed toddler
- South Korea to replace health minister after MERS outbreak
- Seoul reaches deal to salvage accident ferry
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!