Saturday: A mix of sun and clouds. An afternoon high in the upper 60s and even near 70 in spots. A southwest wind at 10mph.
Saturday Night: Cloudy and dry during the evening. Some light rain possible late in the night and toward daybreak. Expect ... More...
EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
EPB announced winners in the 2013 EPB Black History Month Essay Contest. The winners were honored during Thursday evening’s annual awards banquet.
In the attached picture are from left to right in the front row Hamilton County Mayor Jim Coppinger, Kendra Anderson of Hunter Middle School, Preston Fore of Hunter Middle School, Jack Wu of Hunter Middle School and EPB President & CEO Harold DePriest. In the back row from left to right are Alex Cotter of Central High School, Cheyenne Johnson of Hunter Middle School, Jasmine Pulliam of Chattanooga High School Center For Creative Arts and Emily Moser of Hunter Middle School. Not pictured is Daniel Jackson of Central High School.
EPB invited students throughout the community to compete in the 9th Annual Black History Month Essay Contest. Students were asked to write an essay detailing contributions they will make to the African-American story. Whether the talent is art, writing, music, leadership or kindness, each student has the power to make an impact no matter their ethnicity.
EPB invites everyone to share praise for these very bright and talented students for their contributions to our community and it’s future.EPB Black History Month Essay Contest Winners
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. church holds final service before demolition
- Boy killed in south Georgia house fire
- Ga. child fatality review panels falling short
- 2 killed in southeast Atlanta home invasion
- Ga. eyeing recruitment at annual tech, media fest
- NW Georgia town eyes drone to film celebration
- Forum on human trafficking planned for Lithonia
- Law officers make arrests after Augusta shooting
- NTSB: Police chopper too low, likely causing crash
- FBI seeks suspects in South Georgia bank robbery
- Selma honors anniversary of 'Bloody Sunday'
- 2 dozen injured as school stage falls
- Obama returns to White House after Fla. vacation
- UMass latest to deal with rowdy St. Pat's parties
- WWII veteran receives Purple Heart 70 years later
- Biden cuts trip short to meet with Ukraine leader
- Light earthquake felt in Anchorage
- Shoe-bomb witness to speak from London at NY trial
- US-based firm's workers on plane headed to meeting
- Orthodox NYC Jews protest proposed Israeli draft
- Attacks kill more than 40
- Officials examine footage in effort to identify 2 who boarded with stolen passports
- Interpol: No one checked database for 2 stolen passports
- Mayor Rob Ford gets daylight savings time wrong
- Israel: 40 rockets in alleged Iranian shipment
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Iraqi minister speaks out on plane-landing denial
- PM: Won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land
- Libya says its forces now near oil tanker
- Libya orders use of force against oil tanker
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!