Tonight: A fair sky with an overnight low in the mid 40s.
Saturday: Sunny to partly sunny and warmer through the afternoon with a high in the mid 70s.
Saturday Night: A fair sky with a low in the low 50s (40s ... More...
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
Dr. Jason Robinson has recently joined the faculty of Lee University’s Helen DeVos College of Education as an assistant professor.
“We are thrilled to have a nationally recognized educator joining our faculty here in the DeVos College of Education,” said Dr. Bill Estes, dean of the HDCOE. “The talent and experience Jason brings will further our efforts in producing the best teachers in the nation.”
Robinson has been a public school teacher for the past 15 years, most recently at Ocoee Middle School, along with being a part-time lecturer at Lee. He is known in the community for conducting family science nights and professional development activities for teachers.
Robinson is the founder and director of the Rocket City Slammin’ Science Camps held each summer for elementary and middle school students and of the Super Science Saturday program for local school children and their families. He has also directed or led education and leadership events in Argentina, Cambodia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nicaragua, South Africa, and South Korea.
He is a past recipient of the National Science Teachers Association “Vision of Science” Award, the Fitzgerald Excellence in Education Award, Tennessee Science Teacher of the Year, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award for Teachers, and a finalist for Tennessee Teacher of the Year. In 2002 and 2011, Robinson was recognized as Bradley County’s Teacher of the Year.
Robinson has been featured in national publications such as National Geographic, Parenting, Family Fun, and Congressional Quarterly. He currently represents NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a solar System Ambassador and Master Teacher for the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experimentation program.
Having served on various committees of the Tennessee State Department of Education including the Advisory Council on Teacher Education and Certification, Robinson was also recently named to the Tennessee State Textbook Commission by Gov. Bill Haslam.
Robinson earned his doctorate in learning and leadership from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, his master’s in educational administration and supervision from Lincoln Memorial University, and his bachelor’s in human development from Lee University.
Robinson is married to Faith, a teacher at North Lee Elementary, and they have two children, Noah and Maddie. He and his family attend North Cleveland Church of God.
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police arrest ex-boyfriend of burned Ga. woman
- Police: metro Atlanta inmate escapes work detail
- More than 335,000 have voted early in Georgia
- Woman at Ga. homeless camp wounded in knife attack
- Police: Mom, infant rescued from Savannah river
- Hacker gets prison for cyberattack stealing $9.4M
- Emory confirms Ebola no longer detected in nurse
- Emory: Tests no longer detect Ebola virus in nurse
- Ala court voids same-sex child visitation order
- Va. man wanted in fatal shooting caught in Georgia
- Dallas nurse receives thanks, hug from Obama
- Timeline for New York doctor who has Ebola
- Ebola-stricken doc described as driven do-gooder
- School gunman was homecoming prince, students say
- School gunman was Homecoming prince, students say
- Marine death is 1st in campaign against IS
- NY, New Jersey issue stronger Ebola quarantine
- Woman quarantined in New Jersey develops fever
- Feds: Nothing new on Tsarnaev, 3 slayings
- Navajo officials mull election amid confusion
- Expert: 8,000 more Rohingya flee Myanmar
- 15 jailed for life in Argentina 'dirty war' trial
- Egypt declares emergency in northern Sinai
- Brazil presidential rivals face off in debate
- Malaysian officer back to face New Zealand charges
- Dominican agents detain woman with $70K in stomach
- 4 dead during attempted Dominican prison break
- Public donations pay for Argentine national park
- Mozambique's ruling party wins presidential race
- Nurse: Toddler who brought Ebola to Mali dies
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!