Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
Dr. Jason Robinson has recently joined the faculty of Lee University’s Helen DeVos College of Education as an assistant professor.
“We are thrilled to have a nationally recognized educator joining our faculty here in the DeVos College of Education,” said Dr. Bill Estes, dean of the HDCOE. “The talent and experience Jason brings will further our efforts in producing the best teachers in the nation.”
Robinson has been a public school teacher for the past 15 years, most recently at Ocoee Middle School, along with being a part-time lecturer at Lee. He is known in the community for conducting family science nights and professional development activities for teachers.
Robinson is the founder and director of the Rocket City Slammin’ Science Camps held each summer for elementary and middle school students and of the Super Science Saturday program for local school children and their families. He has also directed or led education and leadership events in Argentina, Cambodia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nicaragua, South Africa, and South Korea.
He is a past recipient of the National Science Teachers Association “Vision of Science” Award, the Fitzgerald Excellence in Education Award, Tennessee Science Teacher of the Year, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award for Teachers, and a finalist for Tennessee Teacher of the Year. In 2002 and 2011, Robinson was recognized as Bradley County’s Teacher of the Year.
Robinson has been featured in national publications such as National Geographic, Parenting, Family Fun, and Congressional Quarterly. He currently represents NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a solar System Ambassador and Master Teacher for the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experimentation program.
Having served on various committees of the Tennessee State Department of Education including the Advisory Council on Teacher Education and Certification, Robinson was also recently named to the Tennessee State Textbook Commission by Gov. Bill Haslam.
Robinson earned his doctorate in learning and leadership from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, his master’s in educational administration and supervision from Lincoln Memorial University, and his bachelor’s in human development from Lee University.
Robinson is married to Faith, a teacher at North Lee Elementary, and they have two children, Noah and Maddie. He and his family attend North Cleveland Church of God.
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah police investigating shooting, crash
- FAA inspector charged with dodging security; caught with gun
- Man shot in chest in Macon
- Funerals for 2 Georgia Southern students killed in crash
- Man found stabbed to death in Roswell
- Atlanta developer plans to add 6 stories to high rise
- Interstate 285 reopened after charter-bus accident
- 7-foot bear breaks out of Ellijay garage
- Uber, Lyft refuse to require driver fingerprints
- Severe weather expected across the Southeast
- Liotta recalls Scorsese discussion before 'Goodfellas' shoot
- Teen, missing for 4 days, lived off school's fruit trees
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Not a Clinton pile-on
- Search goes on for missing fisherman; was rescued last year
- The Latest on GOP's 2016 hopefuls: Paul on abortion
- Autopsy: Indiana University student died from head injuries
- Nephew killed as people gather for homicide victim's funeral
- US sending disaster response team, $1 million aid to Nepal
- Angst about Iran deal at GOP Jewish meeting
- Mother in custody dispute freed after 8 years behind bars
- Car bombings kill at least 6 civilians in, around Baghdad
- Magnitude 6.7 aftershock hits Nepal, causes panic
- Philippines urges ASEAN to stop China in South China Sea
- Eds: Links new photos. With AP Photos. AP Video.
- French leader visits gas chamber to honor Nazi camp victims
- Breakaway Turkish Cypriots vote for leader in runoff
- Eds: Updates with report by aid group. With AP Photos. AP Video.
- More aftershocks as aid begins arriving
- Eds: Recasts throughout. With AP Photos. AP Video.
- Acting police chief, civilian killed in southern Afghanistan
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!