Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
Dr. Jason Robinson has recently joined the faculty of Lee University’s Helen DeVos College of Education as an assistant professor.
“We are thrilled to have a nationally recognized educator joining our faculty here in the DeVos College of Education,” said Dr. Bill Estes, dean of the HDCOE. “The talent and experience Jason brings will further our efforts in producing the best teachers in the nation.”
Robinson has been a public school teacher for the past 15 years, most recently at Ocoee Middle School, along with being a part-time lecturer at Lee. He is known in the community for conducting family science nights and professional development activities for teachers.
Robinson is the founder and director of the Rocket City Slammin’ Science Camps held each summer for elementary and middle school students and of the Super Science Saturday program for local school children and their families. He has also directed or led education and leadership events in Argentina, Cambodia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nicaragua, South Africa, and South Korea.
He is a past recipient of the National Science Teachers Association “Vision of Science” Award, the Fitzgerald Excellence in Education Award, Tennessee Science Teacher of the Year, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award for Teachers, and a finalist for Tennessee Teacher of the Year. In 2002 and 2011, Robinson was recognized as Bradley County’s Teacher of the Year.
Robinson has been featured in national publications such as National Geographic, Parenting, Family Fun, and Congressional Quarterly. He currently represents NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a solar System Ambassador and Master Teacher for the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experimentation program.
Having served on various committees of the Tennessee State Department of Education including the Advisory Council on Teacher Education and Certification, Robinson was also recently named to the Tennessee State Textbook Commission by Gov. Bill Haslam.
Robinson earned his doctorate in learning and leadership from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, his master’s in educational administration and supervision from Lincoln Memorial University, and his bachelor’s in human development from Lee University.
Robinson is married to Faith, a teacher at North Lee Elementary, and they have two children, Noah and Maddie. He and his family attend North Cleveland Church of God.
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Crews repair damage after Atlanta protests
- GA roads, airport to see 1.3 million travelers
- Man sent to prison for killing woman, wounding man
- Savannah police task force makes dozens of arrests
- Child protective services teams to work overtime
- 21 arrested during Ferguson protests in Atlanta
- Protesters in Atlanta oppose Ferguson decision
- Met Museum gets major gift of African-American art
- Clemency hearing set for Georgia death row inmate
- Dawson County man shot to death during fight
- Hiker photographed bear before it killed him
- Police: Man duped resort by faking being a doctor
- US troops played key role in Yemen rescue mission
- Paralyzed man pushing for retrial decision
- Vehicle hits, kills 6-year-old checking mailbox
- Dispute over 9-point buck settled with coin flip
- Obama to hold talks with Jordan's King Abdullah
- Man who fell from ceiling naked faces arraignment
- Ferguson officer says he never wanted to kill
- Inclement weather affecting Thanksgiving travelers
- Russian suspected of spying resists leaving Poland
- Zimbabwe VP blocked from top post in ruling party
- Europeans debate common stand on Palestine
- AP Interview: Jordan prince calls for tolerance
- Impoverished Lebanese city is target for IS group
- Egypt opens crossing to Gaza for 1st time in month
- IMF says Egypt's economy starting to recover
- Putin's tiger kills 15 goats in northeast China
- 6 killed in rebel attack on house of Yemen leader
- Iran parliament approve science minister nominee
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!