Today: A few scattered storms ending this afternoon. Partly sunny with a high in the mid/upper 80s. A west, then northwest wind at 10mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low in the mid/upper 60s.
Friday: ... More...
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
Dr. Jason Robinson has recently joined the faculty of Lee University’s Helen DeVos College of Education as an assistant professor.
“We are thrilled to have a nationally recognized educator joining our faculty here in the DeVos College of Education,” said Dr. Bill Estes, dean of the HDCOE. “The talent and experience Jason brings will further our efforts in producing the best teachers in the nation.”
Robinson has been a public school teacher for the past 15 years, most recently at Ocoee Middle School, along with being a part-time lecturer at Lee. He is known in the community for conducting family science nights and professional development activities for teachers.
Robinson is the founder and director of the Rocket City Slammin’ Science Camps held each summer for elementary and middle school students and of the Super Science Saturday program for local school children and their families. He has also directed or led education and leadership events in Argentina, Cambodia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nicaragua, South Africa, and South Korea.
He is a past recipient of the National Science Teachers Association “Vision of Science” Award, the Fitzgerald Excellence in Education Award, Tennessee Science Teacher of the Year, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award for Teachers, and a finalist for Tennessee Teacher of the Year. In 2002 and 2011, Robinson was recognized as Bradley County’s Teacher of the Year.
Robinson has been featured in national publications such as National Geographic, Parenting, Family Fun, and Congressional Quarterly. He currently represents NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a solar System Ambassador and Master Teacher for the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experimentation program.
Having served on various committees of the Tennessee State Department of Education including the Advisory Council on Teacher Education and Certification, Robinson was also recently named to the Tennessee State Textbook Commission by Gov. Bill Haslam.
Robinson earned his doctorate in learning and leadership from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, his master’s in educational administration and supervision from Lincoln Memorial University, and his bachelor’s in human development from Lee University.
Robinson is married to Faith, a teacher at North Lee Elementary, and they have two children, Noah and Maddie. He and his family attend North Cleveland Church of God.
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah police investigate 2 shootings
- Fire at suburban Atlanta home appears to be arson
- Sandy Springs police officer injured in crash
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate rises to 7.6 percent
- Ga. health officials seek input on WIC program
- Regenerative engineering, medicine retreat at UGA
- Family of Georgia man shot in park gets $1.5M
- Covington police say officer shot man with sword
- Sandy Springs police find car taken in carjacking
- Body found in 18-wheeler on I-20 in Warren County
- Man run over by own truck during road rage
- Gates worried about notion of US disengagement
- NYC police investigate another apparent chokehold
- Naked thieves take burgers from SW Fla eatery
- Slaying of Fla. law professor is a seeming mystery
- US hails Indonesia democracy in turbulent SE Asia
- Wyoming cave with fossil secrets to be excavated
- Calif. wine collector set for sentencing in NY
- Prayers for man who died in NY police custody
- Ohio woman to be sentenced in slave labor case
- EU regulator: Morning-after pill OK for all women
- Troubled Myanmar state invites back aid groups
- UK: Former reporter sentenced for phone hacking
- 2 Finnish aid workers killed in Afghanistan
- Iraq: Attack on prisoner convoy kills 60 people
- Russian activists convicted of organizing riots
- Ukrainian government moves to ban Communist Party
- Italy welcomes Sudanese woman sentenced to death
- Jihadis attack besieged Syrian army base
- Nokia profits rise after sale of handset division
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!