Sunday Night: Cloudy and muggy with scattered showers and t-storms. A few storms could be severe during the night and through early Monday. Main threats are large hail and damaging straight-line winds. An overnight low in the low 70s.
Monday: A mix of sun and clouds ... More...
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
Dr. Jason Robinson has recently joined the faculty of Lee University’s Helen DeVos College of Education as an assistant professor.
“We are thrilled to have a nationally recognized educator joining our faculty here in the DeVos College of Education,” said Dr. Bill Estes, dean of the HDCOE. “The talent and experience Jason brings will further our efforts in producing the best teachers in the nation.”
Robinson has been a public school teacher for the past 15 years, most recently at Ocoee Middle School, along with being a part-time lecturer at Lee. He is known in the community for conducting family science nights and professional development activities for teachers.
Robinson is the founder and director of the Rocket City Slammin’ Science Camps held each summer for elementary and middle school students and of the Super Science Saturday program for local school children and their families. He has also directed or led education and leadership events in Argentina, Cambodia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nicaragua, South Africa, and South Korea.
He is a past recipient of the National Science Teachers Association “Vision of Science” Award, the Fitzgerald Excellence in Education Award, Tennessee Science Teacher of the Year, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award for Teachers, and a finalist for Tennessee Teacher of the Year. In 2002 and 2011, Robinson was recognized as Bradley County’s Teacher of the Year.
Robinson has been featured in national publications such as National Geographic, Parenting, Family Fun, and Congressional Quarterly. He currently represents NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a solar System Ambassador and Master Teacher for the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experimentation program.
Having served on various committees of the Tennessee State Department of Education including the Advisory Council on Teacher Education and Certification, Robinson was also recently named to the Tennessee State Textbook Commission by Gov. Bill Haslam.
Robinson earned his doctorate in learning and leadership from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, his master’s in educational administration and supervision from Lincoln Memorial University, and his bachelor’s in human development from Lee University.
Robinson is married to Faith, a teacher at North Lee Elementary, and they have two children, Noah and Maddie. He and his family attend North Cleveland Church of God.
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Kingston's Senate loses means less clout for Ga.
- Unpaid GA court fines to be drawn from tax returns
- 2 injured in western Georgia small plane crash
- Teen identified in Chattahoochee River drowning
- Airport opens application site for screenings
- Savannah police searching for suspect in robbery
- Ga. police start enforcing 'slowpoke' driving law
- 1 killed in Rabun County plane crash
- Cobb judge Oks $397M in bonds for Braves stadium
- Ex-secretary for Douglas prosecutor indicted
- Jury deliberations to continue in Ventura case
- Shave ice vendor defies town's new ban on peddlers
- Man dies after lightning strike affects 14
- Rock beats paper: Study says fist bumps spread fewer bacteria than handshakes or high-fives
- Not in my backyard: US sending dirty coal abroad
- Police interviewing 2 in connection with Philadelphia carjacking
- Kevin Bacon brings his 'Six Degrees' to Comic-Con
- Police interview 2 in deadly Philly carjacking
- 1 dead after lightning strikes 14 in Southern California
- 10 Things to Know for Monday
- German environmentalists say U.S. is shifting its pollution elsewhere
- Girls killed, hurt in attack in Thailand's south
- Police in China remove church's cross
- Ebola kills Liberian doctor, 2 Americans infected
- Venezuela says Aruba to free diplomat sought by US
- Israel acknowledges mortar shell hit UN school
- Islamic militants destroy historic mosque in Mosul
- Key World War I battle re-enacted in Poland
- EU, US seek Putin Achilles' heel on Ukraine
- Suspected al-Qaida attack kills 2 troops in Yemen
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!