Tonight: Increasing clouds with a low near 43.
Friday (Halloween): Mostly cloudy and becoming windy. Scattered light showers as well. An afternoon ... More...
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
Dr. Jason Robinson has recently joined the faculty of Lee University’s Helen DeVos College of Education as an assistant professor.
“We are thrilled to have a nationally recognized educator joining our faculty here in the DeVos College of Education,” said Dr. Bill Estes, dean of the HDCOE. “The talent and experience Jason brings will further our efforts in producing the best teachers in the nation.”
Robinson has been a public school teacher for the past 15 years, most recently at Ocoee Middle School, along with being a part-time lecturer at Lee. He is known in the community for conducting family science nights and professional development activities for teachers.
Robinson is the founder and director of the Rocket City Slammin’ Science Camps held each summer for elementary and middle school students and of the Super Science Saturday program for local school children and their families. He has also directed or led education and leadership events in Argentina, Cambodia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nicaragua, South Africa, and South Korea.
He is a past recipient of the National Science Teachers Association “Vision of Science” Award, the Fitzgerald Excellence in Education Award, Tennessee Science Teacher of the Year, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award for Teachers, and a finalist for Tennessee Teacher of the Year. In 2002 and 2011, Robinson was recognized as Bradley County’s Teacher of the Year.
Robinson has been featured in national publications such as National Geographic, Parenting, Family Fun, and Congressional Quarterly. He currently represents NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a solar System Ambassador and Master Teacher for the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experimentation program.
Having served on various committees of the Tennessee State Department of Education including the Advisory Council on Teacher Education and Certification, Robinson was also recently named to the Tennessee State Textbook Commission by Gov. Bill Haslam.
Robinson earned his doctorate in learning and leadership from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, his master’s in educational administration and supervision from Lincoln Memorial University, and his bachelor’s in human development from Lee University.
Robinson is married to Faith, a teacher at North Lee Elementary, and they have two children, Noah and Maddie. He and his family attend North Cleveland Church of God.
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia governor candidates release final ads
- In final Ga. Senate ad, Perdue zeroes in on trust
- Police seek 'very pregnant,' caped robbery suspect
- Defense case may begin case in FAMU hazing trial
- Defense expected to rest case in FAMU hazing trial
- Chilly weather expected across Georgia
- 4 Kansas education commissioner candidates named
- Atlanta to unveil new civil rights markers
- Georgia sex offenders to be monitored on Halloween
- Georgia agencies training to battle wildfires
- Suspect jailed, 2nd man sought in NC shooting
- Maine nurse defies Ebola quarantine with bike ride
- Pair convicted in secret $1.6 M Navy silencer deal
- Nurse defies Ebola quarantine in Maine
- A Headless Ranger? Mystery at Colonial burial site
- Suspect jailed in NC courthouse shooting
- Police: 2 anti-violence organizers beat ex-roomie
- Some Rhode Island voters face 40 ballot questions
- Milosevic's widow ridicules EU lifting sanctions
- Memorial underway for Cleveland killer's victims
- New UN envoy on Syria briefs Security Council
- Bodies of 48 Sunni tribal fighters found in Iraq
- US condemns renewed violence in South Sudan
- Zambia: President's body to return Saturday
- Amnesty: Libyan militias committing war crimes
- NATO chief sees spike in Russian flights on border
- AP Interview: Syrian official slams Turkey's role
- Malala donates prize money to rebuild Gaza school
- UK court says Libyan can sue over rendition
- Peshmerga troops start entering Syrian border town
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!