Tonight: Partly to mostly cloudy. Low in the upper 30s.
Cooler ... More...
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
Dr. Jason Robinson has recently joined the faculty of Lee University’s Helen DeVos College of Education as an assistant professor.
“We are thrilled to have a nationally recognized educator joining our faculty here in the DeVos College of Education,” said Dr. Bill Estes, dean of the HDCOE. “The talent and experience Jason brings will further our efforts in producing the best teachers in the nation.”
Robinson has been a public school teacher for the past 15 years, most recently at Ocoee Middle School, along with being a part-time lecturer at Lee. He is known in the community for conducting family science nights and professional development activities for teachers.
Robinson is the founder and director of the Rocket City Slammin’ Science Camps held each summer for elementary and middle school students and of the Super Science Saturday program for local school children and their families. He has also directed or led education and leadership events in Argentina, Cambodia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nicaragua, South Africa, and South Korea.
He is a past recipient of the National Science Teachers Association “Vision of Science” Award, the Fitzgerald Excellence in Education Award, Tennessee Science Teacher of the Year, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award for Teachers, and a finalist for Tennessee Teacher of the Year. In 2002 and 2011, Robinson was recognized as Bradley County’s Teacher of the Year.
Robinson has been featured in national publications such as National Geographic, Parenting, Family Fun, and Congressional Quarterly. He currently represents NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a solar System Ambassador and Master Teacher for the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experimentation program.
Having served on various committees of the Tennessee State Department of Education including the Advisory Council on Teacher Education and Certification, Robinson was also recently named to the Tennessee State Textbook Commission by Gov. Bill Haslam.
Robinson earned his doctorate in learning and leadership from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, his master’s in educational administration and supervision from Lincoln Memorial University, and his bachelor’s in human development from Lee University.
Robinson is married to Faith, a teacher at North Lee Elementary, and they have two children, Noah and Maddie. He and his family attend North Cleveland Church of God.
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Woman shot at MARTA bus stop outside Atlanta
- New streetcar involved in 2 crashes before debut
- Crews work to clear storm damage, restore power
- Power restored to most customers after storms
- Ga. authorities cracking down on driver safety for holidays
- Ga. lane closures halted for holiday travel period
- Tornado warning issued in central Georgia
- Boy dies after being hit by car in Alabama
- 12-year-old boy fatally shot in Savannah
- Forecasters warn of heavy rain, damaging wind in Georgia
- Indiana high school honors Hill for cancer fight
- Uncertainty fuels speculation on Ferguson decision
- Judge to rule on 1979 missing boy case confession
- US judge to sentence reputed drug-lord lieutenant
- First lady attends Princeton women's hoops game
- Baby girl accidentally shot in New York City home
- Kassig recalled as man who sought to help others
- Joey Chestnut devours turkey to win eating contest
- Former DC Mayor Marion Barry dies at 78
- Veteran journalist, educator Michael Shanahan dies
- 2nd Czech government minister targeted with poison
- US general: troops staying in Baltics through 2015
- Portuguese ex-premier quizzed again in fraud case
- UK outlines new counterterrorism measures
- Floods kill at least 17 in southern Morocco
- China holds out hope for Iran nuclear deal
- China defends land reclamation in South China Sea
- NATO says 2 service members killed in Afghanistan
- Bangladesh man gets death penalty for war crimes
- Iraqi troops retake 2 towns in eastern province
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!