Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
Dr. Jason Robinson has recently joined the faculty of Lee University’s Helen DeVos College of Education as an assistant professor.
“We are thrilled to have a nationally recognized educator joining our faculty here in the DeVos College of Education,” said Dr. Bill Estes, dean of the HDCOE. “The talent and experience Jason brings will further our efforts in producing the best teachers in the nation.”
Robinson has been a public school teacher for the past 15 years, most recently at Ocoee Middle School, along with being a part-time lecturer at Lee. He is known in the community for conducting family science nights and professional development activities for teachers.
Robinson is the founder and director of the Rocket City Slammin’ Science Camps held each summer for elementary and middle school students and of the Super Science Saturday program for local school children and their families. He has also directed or led education and leadership events in Argentina, Cambodia, Ecuador, Indonesia, Nicaragua, South Africa, and South Korea.
He is a past recipient of the National Science Teachers Association “Vision of Science” Award, the Fitzgerald Excellence in Education Award, Tennessee Science Teacher of the Year, the State Farm Good Neighbor Award for Teachers, and a finalist for Tennessee Teacher of the Year. In 2002 and 2011, Robinson was recognized as Bradley County’s Teacher of the Year.
Robinson has been featured in national publications such as National Geographic, Parenting, Family Fun, and Congressional Quarterly. He currently represents NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory as a solar System Ambassador and Master Teacher for the Gravity Recovery and Climate Experimentation program.
Having served on various committees of the Tennessee State Department of Education including the Advisory Council on Teacher Education and Certification, Robinson was also recently named to the Tennessee State Textbook Commission by Gov. Bill Haslam.
Robinson earned his doctorate in learning and leadership from the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, his master’s in educational administration and supervision from Lincoln Memorial University, and his bachelor’s in human development from Lee University.
Robinson is married to Faith, a teacher at North Lee Elementary, and they have two children, Noah and Maddie. He and his family attend North Cleveland Church of God.
Educator Joins College of Ed Faculty at Lee
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: Detective fatally shot in 'ambush' outside Atlanta
- GA man sentenced in DUI crash that killed wife after wedding
- Deputy shoots, wounds man in central Georgia
- Man faces murder charge in killing of taxi driver's son
- Sleet, freezing rain possible in north Georgia
- Fulton County police officer shot and killed in line of duty
- Georgia attorney general to launch food drive competition
- Man killed in confrontation with police detectives
- Lawyers: Georgia waffles on execution with cloudy drug
- Emory's Alzheimer's Disease Research Center to get $25M
- Gay marriages on hold in Alabama
- California mom charged with manslaughter in infant's death
- Flu winds down as FDA aims for better vaccine next winter
- Search under way in Greene County after emu escapes home
- Obama signs Homeland Security funding bill into law
- Fellow inmates: Facebook killing suspect confessed to crime
- Vietnamese man pleads not guilty in NY terror case
- Roberts, Kennedy hold fate of subsidies
- Facebook posts about job land US contractor in Emirates jail
- Latest on Boston bombing trial: Victim had 17 surgeries
- UK fraud office probes central bank auctions
- Former chief of Bolivia drug police under investigation
- Netanyahu gets bump in the polls after US speech
- At least 24 dead in mine blast
- Regional governor in Russia arrested on corruption charges
- Report: Killings continue in Colombia city at alarming rate
- Poor Pompeii, plagued by collapses, now funding is probed
- At least 10 dead, more trapped after mine explosion in Ukraine
- US-Polish live-fire army exercise begins
- Egypt court upholds verdict for police over activist killing
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!