Today: Partly cloudy and warm. Highs in the low to middle 80s. North wind 5-10 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low in the lower 60s.
Highs in the mid 80s the rest of the work week. Rain chances increase ... More...
CSL Offers New Term of Language Classes for March
The Chattanooga School of Language (CSL) will spring forward in March with a new six-week term of language and culture classes for adults and kids, beginning March 16.
Beginning level group classes for kids, grades K-5, are available on various days and times during the week. Adult classes are offered in more than ten languages at different levels of proficiency.
CSL operates with an emphasis on flexible schedules, trusted and credible instruction, cultural experiences and small classroom settings. Classes are offered as private, semi-private (2 students) or group (3-10 students) lessons. Teachers are often referred to as “language coaches” and use a variety of teaching tools, including film, music, art and food to create a holistic and comprehensive approach to language learning.
Stevens said that the school attracts people from all walks of life, including kids, adults and young professionals for a variety of motivations. CSL is expanding its reach by offering customized language classes to local organizations and schools, including the Mountain Arts Community Center on Signal Mountain, Lookout Mountain School and the City of Chattanooga.
Times and dates of March’s classes are listed on the school’s website, www.chattanoogalanguage.com. Students can register online or by calling 423.802.2040.CSL Offers New Term of Language Classes for March
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- New editor chosen to lead Valdosta Daily Times
- GA woman dies after car sinks in retention pond
- Emory-Adventist Hospital to close in October
- Bibb Co. deputy facing child molestation charges
- NTSB releases report in fatal east Ga. plane crash
- Braves announce mixed-used site development team
- Jurors told salmonella trial may exceed 2 months
- Woman found badly beaten on Silver Comet Trail
- Minnesota robbery suspect arrested in Georgia
- Car plunges into pond; divers search for person
- Journal Communications, Scripps Co. announce deal
- State Dept. spokeswoman uses word 'crap' during briefing
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Long Island skydive accident
- Texas search group resumes drone use
- Skydiver killed in San Diego County jump
- War College to make final decision on Sen. Walsh
- Boston man charged with rape at Urban concert
- Hearing set for Hollywood sex abuse lawyer change
- Minnesota officer killed making traffic stop
- Peace Corps workers isolated after Ebola exposure
- Eds: With AP Photos
- Australians leaders differ on Russian role in war
- 32 nations back Judaism's Yom Kippur as UN holiday
- Bolivia to require visas for Israeli travelers
- Tunisia army chief resigns after soldier deaths
- Liberia's president closes schools amid Ebola
- UN chief condemns attack on UN school in Gaza
- Turkish women protest deputy PMs no laughter quip
- Vatican taking action in divisive Paraguay diocese
- Crop circle in Germany attracts many visitors
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!