CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 Georgia men charged in North Dakota in bad checks scam
- 4 men arrested in meth bust at apartment
- Mental health counselor, workers indicted in Medicaid fraud
- New project at Atlanta museum focuses on LGBT civil rights
- Police seek emails from DeKalb CEO in fraud investigation
- Medical examiner: Man shot himself in police confrontation
- Atlanta sale features items seized by feds from bridal shop
- Police investigate double shooting in DeKalb County
- Police address mix-up leaves man, officer wounded, dog dead
- District investigates mass baptism at Carroll County school
- Judge may set murder trial in San Francisco pier shooting
- 3 to be sentenced for rock throwing that injured teacher
- Teens take on preservation work at national monuments
- The Latest: Heavy police presence near where officer shot
- Soccer players suspended for a game after blackface incident
- College soccer players suspended after blackface incident
- Worker who helped Clinton set up email server takes Fifth
- Shootout at Los Angeles funeral leaves 1 critically injured
- 2 soldiers injured after Black Hawk helicopter hard landing
- Obama: Alaska's warming climate is wake-up call to US, world
- Seoul prosecutors seek 15-year term for US envoy attacker
- China pledges to cut 300,000 troops from its massive army
- China marks Japan WWII defeat, shows rising power in parade
- Mexico Senate ratifies academic as next ambassador to US
- Lost Australian sheep yields 42 kilos (93 pounds) of fleece
- UNICEF: 40 percent school dropouts in Mideast conflict areas
- Russia delays new body to assign blame for Syrian attacks
- El Salvador sets new murder milestone with deadly August
- Russia: Security Council addressing Europe's migrant crisis
- Mexico's president acknowledges distrust, fear
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!