CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia man with gun turns tables on carjacking suspect
- Extra security, protest planned for graduation in Valdosta
- Prosecutor to seek indictment in jail death of Savannah man
- Macon woman's index finger bitten off during fight
- Arrest made in 2012 slaying of Augusta security guard
- Atlanta man dies after being shot in leg during argument
- Senior invites soldier who rescued family to graduation
- Dog found dead, hanging on a chain off bridge in Atlanta
- TSA urging holiday weekend travelers to plan ahead
- Ga. police to carry portable defibrillators, Naloxone
- California man charged with murder in crash that killed 2
- Illinois mom takes son's place at graduation after he dies
- Husband, wife plead not guilty in bourbon theft ring
- Lawyer: Ex-NFLer Aaron Hernandez, now in prison, low on cash
- Drew Peterson granted trial delay in murder-for-hire case
- US, Cuba close round of talks with no embassy announcement
- Biden discusses Asia-Pacific region at Navy graduation
- 2 California men arrested in helping terrorism group
- No indictment for Texas City officer in fatal shooting
- 1st batch of Clinton emails to be released around 12:30 p.m.
- Currency tumbles as Venezuelans look to offload bolivars
- EU chief Juncker calls Hungary's Orban 'dictator' -- in jest
- UN concerned over human rights, democracy in Macedonia
- Army removes WWII bomb near London's Wembley Stadium
- Dutch government plans limited ban on face-covering clothing
- Nigerian Muslims set court ablaze over 'insult' to Muhammad
- Suspect in Tunisia attack claims innocence at 1st hearing
- UN says Hungarian questionnaire risks spreading xenophobia
- Nepal assesses if quake-hit villages are at risk before rain
- Kremlin spokesman: Russia wants to free 2 held in Ukraine
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!