CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: Man calls 911 after fatally stabbing girlfriend
- Macon man, 19, shot to death at abandoned car wash
- Prayer vigil planned after man in Maserati shot by police
- Police: Man accidentally shoots himself at gun show
- Atlanta pedestrian struck by vehicle, killed in Savannah
- Tough topics face Ga. lawmakers in session's final week
- Records: Georgia, Alabama governors meet on water dispute
- Employers to seek to fill jobs at northeast Georgia job fair
- Atlanta airport set to open new northbound entrance
- Man killed in shooting at DeKalb apartment complex
- Boston officer improving after surgery to remove bullet
- Oregon police kill cougar above popular hiking trail
- Montana ski area back in operation after Saturday evacuation
- Official: Debris from NYC blast going to secure location
- Indiana governor: 'We're not going to change this law'
- Obama golfs with big money, oil moguls in Florida
- Library of Congress acquires rare trove of Civil War images
- Institute honoring the late Sen. Kennedy to open in Boston
- Northeast, despite highest gas costs, resists more pipelines
- Drownings along Rio Grande spike after enforcement surge
- Arab leaders say military strikes in Yemen will continue until rebels withdraw, surrender arms
- Pastor in co-pilot's German hometown says co-pilot, family 'belong to our community'
- Thousands protest voting problems in Nigerian oil capital
- Islamic State group beheads 8 Shiites in Syria's Hama
- Activists: Syrians flee city seized by al-Qaida, rebel factions, fearing government reprisals
- Israel installs solar panels at parliament to save energy
- Air Canada plane skids off runway on 'abrupt' landing in Halifax; 23 taken to hospital
- Boko Haram advance on northern city as Nigerians vote
- Nigerians continue voting Sunday, after technical hitches and despite extremist violence
- Egypt prosecutor names Brotherhood leaders as terrorists
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!