CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ex-APS official says district ordered documents destroyed
- 2 loaded guns, 2 inert grenades recovered at Atlanta airport
- Alabama gay couple wants court victory to take effect
- Suit says DeKalb court practices unjustly target the poor
- Black breast-feeding gatherings battle troubling health gaps
- Ga. Senate passes bill requiring coverage for autism therapy
- Work begins to raise Confederate warship from Savannah River
- MLK children working to settle dispute over Bible, prize
- Tuscaloosa VA director moving to Augusta VA hospital
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate remains unchanged at 6.4 percent
- Small aircraft lands on New Jersey highway; no injuries
- Venezuelan general appears in NY after 11 months on the run
- Slain Massachusetts teacher had 16 stab wounds to neck
- Senator: Taliban detainees have communicated with Haqqani
- Minnesota man pleads guilty in Gambia coup attempt
- Marijuana arrests: A look at their rise and fall in NYC
- Woman in India sues Uber after reporting driver raped her
- Protesters set up sleep pods for homeless at Tucson park
- Balloon crew matches distance record in Pacific flight
- Feds: Treasure hunter eluded police with cash, tradecraft
- Jamaica preparing to extradite lottery scam suspect to US
- Wife of imprisoned Saudi blogger asks Canada PM to intervene
- New Saudi king reshuffles cabinet
- At least 2 dead, more than 50 hurt in gas explosion at children's hospital,
- Several simultaneous attacks in Egypt's Sinai kill 6
- Russian woman arrested after giving information to Ukraine
- Simultaneous attacks target security forces in Egypt's Sinai
- London summons Russian envoy after bombers near UK airspace
- Belarus to host new round of Ukrainian peace talks
- Bosnian presidency adopts plan on how to get closer to EU
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!