CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Jury convicts mom of capital murder in daughter's 1997 death
- Rain, freezing rain and sleet expected in north Georgia
- Georgia's unemployment rate drops to 6.4 percent
- Atlanta Hawks unveiling Dominique Wilkins statue
- Lawmakers expected to talk transportation, schools, religion
- Ga. entrepreneur sentenced for hiding income overseas
- Ga. man sentenced in embezzlement from Grady Hospital
- Police: Detective fatally shot in 'ambush' outside Atlanta
- GA man sentenced in DUI crash that killed wife after wedding
- Deputy shoots, wounds man in central Georgia
- Selma's 50th anniversary brings comparisons to Ferguson
- Kentucky sees new 20-inch snowfall
- 'Black Madam' trial on hold because of Philadelphia storm
- Cheers! Maine panel backs bill to ensure fair pint of beer
- Juror questioning finished in running death trial
- CBS sponsoring Vietnam exhibit at Newseum to honor Bob Simon
- Syracuse frat members charged after pledge suffers frostbite
- Man accused of buying auto insurance from scene of car wreck
- Unit shut down at Prairie Island nuclear plant in Minnesota
- 10 Things to Know for Today
- Israel eases restrictions on Gaza vegetable exports
- EU extends asset freeze on ex-Ukraine leader for a year
- UN rights chief: discredit IS, give peaceful Muslims courage
- US draft urges UN to condemn use of chlorine in Syria
- Rooms going fast at Hungary's village for rent
- Kerry: State Department will move to review Clinton emails
- Thai court sentences 'Red Shirts' to jail for 2009 rioting
- Amid crisis, Venezuelans commemorate Chavez
- Russia launches military drills in the southwest
- Floods kill 42 people in Tanzania, authorities say
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!