CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Billy Dilworth --veteran Georgia, SC journalist -- dies at 80
- 2-year-old girl drowns in south Georgia river
- Atlanta DUI suspect jumps 30 feet from overpass
- Fleeing suspect runs to law enforcement training center
- Flash flood advisories issued in north Georgia
- Event set to honor Declaration of Independence signers
- Security heightened for Fourth of July events, travel
- Flash flood warnings issued in north Georgia
- Feds to retain oversight of Ga. behavioral health system
- Zoo Atlanta acquires bald eagle from Auburn Raptor Center
- 66 riders safely evacuated after 400-foot Ferris wheel stops
- America ushers in July 4
- AP-AM Prep-Scores and Skeds
- America welcomes July 4 with hot dogs, cool music, cold beer
- America ushers in July 4 with hot dogs, hot music, cool beer
- Medical helicopter crashes in Frisco; 3 escape
- 400-foot Ferris wheel stops: All 66 riders safely taken off
- Another 1700s Massachusetts home hit by vehicle
- Authorities: Ferris wheel in Orlando stops, stranding riders
- Washington motel closes after possible Legionnaires' report
- Egypt's president visits troops in embattled north Sinai
- Murder complaints filed over capsized Philippine ferry
- Taiwan stands up to China with World War II military parade
- Vietnam Communist Party chief to make first US visit
- UN says children being killed in Burundi's violence
- Mexico set to free founder of Michoacan vigilante movement
- El Salvador's 677 murders in June most since civil war
- France to assist Cameroon as it fights against Boko Haram
- Stolen border crossing cards recovered in Mexico
- Pope to Christians: Put aside divisions amid persecution
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!