CSAS and CSLA Kindergarten Admission Process Starts Soon!
Families interested in enrolling their children in kindergarten for the 2013-2014 school year at either Chattanooga School for the Arts and Sciences or Chattanooga School for the Liberal Arts should review the criteria for submitting an application that is posted on the Hamilton County Board of Education’s website (www.hcde.org). The first step includes scheduling a school tour at either school. School tours begin September 4, 2012. This admission process was adopted last year in order to be more equitable for parents and allow a more transparent process for student admission.
Only parents successfully completing the four required steps will be allowed to have their child’s application entered into the lottery which will be held on Wednesday, December 5, 2012.
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- William S. Morris IV named CEO of Morris Communications Co.
- Confederate flag support rally held at Stone Mountain Park
- The Latest: Memorial service for Bobbi Kristina Brown ends
- The Latest: Controversy erupts at service for Bobbi Kristina
- Standing desks starting to catch on at Robins Air Force Base
- The Latest: Mourners arrive for funeral of Bobbi Kristina
- Coast Guard rescues 2 women off the coast of Georgia
- 1 Fantasy 5 player wins jackpot worth $222,949.83
- Lucky Money jackpot rises to $1.8 million
- Atlanta police say vehicle thieves target minivans
- Verizon strike possible as contract deadline looms
- Q&A on possible extradition for dentist who killed lion
- Firefighter killed, hundreds flee as California blazes burn
- Officials: 4th NYC person with Legionnaires' disease dies
- Obama gets early start on 54th birthday celebration
- Atlanta airport leads in number of guns found in bags
- Woman arrested after jumping barricade near White House
- Man becomes unresponsive, dies in Dallas County jail lobby
- Trump sues celebrity chef over canceled DC restaurant
- 1 dead, 3 hurt in fiery crash on LA-area bridge
- US presidential hopeful Martin O'Malley visits Puerto Rico
- Peru government reports Shining Path captives rescued
- Researcher in Zimbabwe doubts report of 2nd lion killing
- Kerry in Cairo for Egypt security talks
- 1,300 march in Berlin in support of 2 journalists
- Doctors in South Africa assess infection of Desmond Tutu
- Berlin landmark daubed with anti-Semitic graffiti
- Display plane crashes during car show in England
- Syrian rebel group leaves their HQ after clash with al-Qaida
- Top Russian, US and Saudi diplomats to meet in Qatar
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!