Covenant College Appoints Seven New Faculty Members
In preparation for the 2012-2013 academic year, Covenant has appointed seven new faculty members. These professors will strengthen a variety of programs, including computer science, education, engineering, English, linguistics, theatre, and theological studies.
Dr. Jeff Humphries, associate professor of computer science, served as assistant professor and computer science curriculum chair at the Air Force Institute of Technology. He also served on the faculty at the United States Air Force Academy as associate professor and director of information assurance education.
Dr. Sarah Donaldson, assistant professor of education, worked as an adjunct professor and visiting instructor at Covenant while finishing her Ph.D. in mathematics education at the University of Georgia. Before that, she taught for four years at Chattanooga Christian School, taught for three years at Riverside School in Prague, and spent one year at the Christian International School of Prague.
Dr. Curtis Stern, professor of engineering, taught as an associate professor at Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University. He has authored numerous papers in major technical journals and worked as a senior research engineer at Enersyst Development Center in Dallas.
Dr. Robert Erle Barham, assistant professor of English, has taught as an instructor at the University of North Carolina since 2007, while completing his Ph.D. He also taught at Belmont University and the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
Dr. Nola Stephens, assistant professor of linguistics, was a visiting assistant professor at Pennsylvania State University and worked as a research assistant at Indiana University, Stanford, and the University of California. She has been involved in various mentoring programs at Stanford and Penn State, and volunteered as a teacher of English as a second language.
Deborah Kirby, associate professor of theatre, has worked at Covenant as an adjunct professor and visiting instructor. She served as founder and producing artistic director for the Journeymen Theater Ensemble in Washington, DC, and has a wide array of teaching, producing, acting and directing experience.
Dr. Hans Madueme, assistant professor of theological studies, served as an adjunct professor of theology and bioethics at Trinity International University Graduate School, and as a research scholar for the Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity. He has published numerous journal articles, book notes and reviews, and is currently under contract with Baker Academic to co-edit and write two chapters for Adam, the Fall, and Original Sin.
These professors will be installed during the opening convocation ceremony at the beginning of the fall 2012 semester.
“Covenant College is supported by a strong faculty with members who love the Lord, are dedicated to students and have a passion for learning,” says Dr. Jeff Hall, vice president for academic affairs. “These seven faculty members are exemplary in those regards and should have a positive influence on life, both in and out of the classroom.”
Covenant College Appoints Seven New Faculty Members
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 teens accused of stealing cars from valet lots arrested
- Gov. Deal announces new program to honor Vietnam veterans
- Partial skeleton found in Hall County
- Officers identified in fatal Smyrna police shooting
- Panel expected to review Ga. religious freedom bill canceled
- Spelman College names new president
- Jurors to resume deliberations in school cheating trial
- As young owls spread wings, online viewing of nest nears end
- Police: Man calls 911 after fatally stabbing girlfriend
- Macon man, 19, shot to death at abandoned car wash
- Jury awards $38.5 million-plus in fatal shooting at plant
- Report: Hawaii supervisor manipulated veterans' benefit data
- Porbeagle shark may be listed as endangered species
- Christie backs proposed stricter abortion regulations
- Carter says US policy on Iran-backed forces will hold
- Pentagon chief backs concept of a joint Arab military force
- Theater shooting prosecutors say unbiased jury possible
- SUV crashes into Long Island storefront, killing customer
- Parents of Colorado theater shooter pray for victims daily
- Lawyer: Mumia Abu-Jamal hospitalized for unknown reason
- Prosecutors probe Moldova ex-president's son for corruption
- Azerbaijan starts trial of 6 alleged Islamic State militants
- Red Cross truck attacked in Mali; 1 dead, 1 wounded
- Palestinians, Israeli Arabs mark 'Land Day'
- Wartime land mines kill 5 Iranian border guards, shepherd
- Evo Morales' party loses La Paz in Bolivian elections
- Report: Iran journalist defects while covering nuclear talks
- UK judge: Suspect in Litvinenko death can testify at inquiry
- Pakistani, Saudi armies hold joint military exercise
- Guinea shuts border with Sierra Leone in effort to end Ebola
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!