Covenant College Appoints Seven New Faculty Members
In preparation for the 2012-2013 academic year, Covenant has appointed seven new faculty members. These professors will strengthen a variety of programs, including computer science, education, engineering, English, linguistics, theatre, and theological studies.
Dr. Jeff Humphries, associate professor of computer science, served as assistant professor and computer science curriculum chair at the Air Force Institute of Technology. He also served on the faculty at the United States Air Force Academy as associate professor and director of information assurance education.
Dr. Sarah Donaldson, assistant professor of education, worked as an adjunct professor and visiting instructor at Covenant while finishing her Ph.D. in mathematics education at the University of Georgia. Before that, she taught for four years at Chattanooga Christian School, taught for three years at Riverside School in Prague, and spent one year at the Christian International School of Prague.
Dr. Curtis Stern, professor of engineering, taught as an associate professor at Virginia Polytechnic Institute & State University. He has authored numerous papers in major technical journals and worked as a senior research engineer at Enersyst Development Center in Dallas.
Dr. Robert Erle Barham, assistant professor of English, has taught as an instructor at the University of North Carolina since 2007, while completing his Ph.D. He also taught at Belmont University and the University of Louisiana at Monroe.
Dr. Nola Stephens, assistant professor of linguistics, was a visiting assistant professor at Pennsylvania State University and worked as a research assistant at Indiana University, Stanford, and the University of California. She has been involved in various mentoring programs at Stanford and Penn State, and volunteered as a teacher of English as a second language.
Deborah Kirby, associate professor of theatre, has worked at Covenant as an adjunct professor and visiting instructor. She served as founder and producing artistic director for the Journeymen Theater Ensemble in Washington, DC, and has a wide array of teaching, producing, acting and directing experience.
Dr. Hans Madueme, assistant professor of theological studies, served as an adjunct professor of theology and bioethics at Trinity International University Graduate School, and as a research scholar for the Center for Bioethics and Human Dignity. He has published numerous journal articles, book notes and reviews, and is currently under contract with Baker Academic to co-edit and write two chapters for Adam, the Fall, and Original Sin.
These professors will be installed during the opening convocation ceremony at the beginning of the fall 2012 semester.
“Covenant College is supported by a strong faculty with members who love the Lord, are dedicated to students and have a passion for learning,” says Dr. Jeff Hall, vice president for academic affairs. “These seven faculty members are exemplary in those regards and should have a positive influence on life, both in and out of the classroom.”
Covenant College Appoints Seven New Faculty Members
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Judge refuses dismissal motion in 2007 killing
- Democrats consider distance from Jefferson, Jackson
- Only small increase in US girls getting cervical cancer shot
- 7 more sentenced in National Guard recruiting scam in Texas
- Feds release updated strategy against AIDS in America
- The Latest: Family vows to continue private search for boys
- Boy who went missing from Georgia home is found safe
- The Latest: Police: Hate crime not ruled out over MLK flags
- Confederate flags placed at Ebenezer church near MLK Center
- The Latest: 911 call reporting teen boaters missing released
- The Latest: Jurors deliberate in theater shooting sentencing
- Teen accused of suffocating newborn son, then going shopping
- Man gets 80-year term after killing of pregnant girlfriend
- Texas businessman finds cellphone that fell from plane
- Fluoride debate hits Colorado's largest water utility
- The Latest: Outburst interrupts theater shooting trial
- Sandra Bland's death may bring new screenings in Texas jails
- Cops: Man impersonated brother to avoid $7K in unpaid tolls
- Man gets 80-year term for killing of pregnant ex-girlfriend
- Blue moon? Friday's celestial event comes with a catch
- Surfer seriously injured in Australian shark attack
- FSB: US, Georgia helped prevent attacks at Sochi Olympics
- Mexico issues warrant for extradition of escaped El Chapo
- Man attacks Jerusalem gay pride parade, weeks after release from prison for similar attack
- Ukraine will try again for Malaysia Airlines crash tribunal
- New Nigerian general to head multinational Boko Haram fight
- Guatemala court lifts immunity for 3 lawmakers in graft case
- Nigerian soldiers rescue 71 children, women from Boko Haram
- Mexico ups dollar auction to $200 million to boost peso
- The Latest: Wing part may arrive in French city on Saturday
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!