Saturday: A mix of sun and clouds. An afternoon high in the upper 60s and even near 70 in spots. A southwest wind at 10mph.
Saturday Night: Cloudy and dry during the evening. Some light rain possible late in the night and toward daybreak. Expect ... More...
Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- NTSB: Police chopper too low, likely causing crash
- FBI seeks suspects in South Georgia bank robbery
- 1st blind hiker to trek Appalachian Trail dies
- Police seek car suspected of Savannah vandalism
- Feds tightening security at Brunswick courthouse
- Savannah police search for driver who damaged park
- GOP Senate candidates will meet in Macon debate
- Woman doubted man was threat before Ga. shooting
- Audra McDonald to perform at 4th symphony gala
- Audra McDonald performs at 4th symphony gala
- US Navy sends destroyer to help in plane search
- Connecticut could be 1st state to curb loud movies
- For Obama, a last stab at improving ties with Hill
- Daylight saving time: Set clocks ahead 1 hour
- Missing Md. girl found; father charged with murder
- Serbs decry plans to move Tesla's ashes to church
- Daylight saving time: Move clocks ahead 1 hour
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Officer says US general sexually assaulted her
- Army won't disclose punishment of soldier
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- EU foreign policy chief arrives in Iran for talks
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea
- Suicide bomber uses Iraq police Humvee in attack
- Iran president criticizes hard-liners over media
- Pro-Russia forces mount pressure on Ukrainians
- 2 dozen children die in drought-hit south Pakistan
- Police: Afghan district chief killed by bomb
- China defiant on territory claims, demands respect
- Malaysia Airlines loses contact with plane carrying 239
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Stories of HonorCelebrate black history all February long with Stories of Honor, sponsored by the Tennessee Lottery.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!