Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Prayer vigil planned after man in Maserati shot by police
- New Ga. hunting regulations proposed; public comment sought
- Tennessee Valley Authority to open visitor centers Saturday
- KSU hosting conference on addiction in young people
- Couple wanted in 1992 cold case arrested in central Georgia
- Georgians denied diplomas may petition for one under new law
- 2 teens accused of stealing cars from valet lots arrested
- Gov. Deal announces new program to honor Vietnam veterans
- Partial skeleton found in Hall County
- Officers identified in fatal Smyrna police shooting
- Questions remain in officer-involved shooting at NSA
- US to pledge up to 28 percent emission cut in global treaty
- Officers interview survivor of mobile home park killings
- Tsarnaev's lawyers try to show brother in charge of bombing
- 'Bernie' case prosecutor seeks recusal, says he's a witness
- Police: Man who drank 36 beers crashes into Utah house
- US files appeal of judge's hold on immigration action
- Cyclists completing ride from Sandy Hook to Washington
- 10 Things to Know for Tuesday
- Jury awards $38.5 million-plus in fatal shooting at plant
- Thai leader moves to lift marital law, impose absolute power
- Differences persist on deadline day for Iran nuke talks
- Canada approves extension and expansion of IS mission
- Mexico double-transplant patient gets US humanitarian pass
- Prosecutors probe Moldova ex-president's son for corruption
- Azerbaijan starts trial of 6 alleged Islamic State militants
- Red Cross truck attacked in Mali; 1 dead, 1 wounded
- Palestinians, Israeli Arabs mark 'Land Day'
- Wartime land mines kill 5 Iranian border guards, shepherd
- Evo Morales' party loses La Paz in Bolivian elections
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!