Tonight: Cloudy with showers & some thunderstorms late. An overnight low in the upper 50s to near 60. A south wind at 10-15mph.
Friday: Showers and some thunderstorms during the morning, then breezy and drier by midday and the afternoon. ... More...
Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Police: Man charged after killing break-in suspect
- Bond denied for woman charged in NC kidnapping
- 15 people charged in tax fraud ring
- Macon child care center ordered to close
- Deal signs bill restricting some abortion coverage
- Gov. Deal signs 'medical amnesty' bill
- Ga. governor approves referendum on dorm taxes
- Fire destroys home of former state lawmaker
- Parents of infant found dead held on drug charges
- Miss. girl, 2, found unharmed in south Georgia
- Tornado shelters face dilemma with pet lovers
- Ex-suspect in boy's disappearance stays in prison
- 11 kids, driver hurt in Calif. school bus crash
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Rabbit heads left in 2 sisters' mailboxes
- Police say teens killed Amish family's pet donkey
- Study says statins may lead some patients to pig out
- Attorneys give arguments in Coast Guard killings
- Criminal probe into NYC heiress' life is over
- New Jersey forest fire burns half a square mile
- Britain's young royal family end Australian tour
- APNewsBreak: Ecuador expels US military group
- Protesters occupy remote oilfield in Peru
- Seabed search for missing Malaysian jet to widen
- South Korea ferry disaster may cloud Obama visit
- Residents of conflictive Rio slum stage protest
- Mexico Senate: civilian courts for soldiers
- UN Yemen envoy says rebel group agrees to talks
- US threatens to pull aid to Haiti over late vote
- Explosion targets journalist's car in Cameroon
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!