Today: A few scattered storms ending this afternoon. Partly sunny with a high in the mid/upper 80s. A west, then northwest wind at 10mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with a low in the mid/upper 60s.
Friday: ... More...
Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Construction worker dies after falling from tower
- Georgia releases student growth tool
- Witnesses to plane crash give differing accounts
- Bus stranded after mechanical woes, driver illness
- Savannah police investigate 2 shootings
- Fire at suburban Atlanta home appears to be arson
- Sandy Springs police officer injured in crash
- Metro Atlanta jobless rate rises to 7.6 percent
- Ga. health officials seek input on WIC program
- Regenerative engineering, medicine retreat at UGA
- Father charged after dresser deaths of toddlers
- Florida judge skeptical about voting map change
- House advances lawsuit bill
- Gov: Senator in plagiarism row deserves respect
- Varying health premium subsidies worry consumers
- Mother, daughter die after Philly food truck blast
- Israel says Hamas missiles may have caused deaths
- Baldwin: Rather pay up than apologize over arrest
- Skydiver dies during WWII-style jump in Oklahoma
- State ends hunt for snake in New Jersey lake
- UN human development report faults inequality
- UN chief condemns attack on UN school in Gaza
- UN says aid to Syria being used as `tactic of war'
- As more bodies are flown to the Netherlands, identification work continues
- Jewish group wants Turkish PM to return award
- Rotting food prompts German gas leak scare
- 6 dead in Mexico border shootings
- German prosecutors criticized in Nazi probe
- German midwife suspected of attempted murders
- Austrians investigate disturbance at Israeli game
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!