Today: Mostly sunny and breezy. Highs in the low 80s with wind from the North 10-20 mph.
Tonight: Mostly clear with lows around 60.
Highs in the mid 80s the rest of the work week. A few showers ... More...
Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Sheriff, pastors to discuss church burglaries
- Ga. health officials seek public input on spending
- Improvements coming to 2 GA driver service centers
- 4 Ga. kids hurt by rolling car, charges filed
- 4 children left in locked SUV, Ga. woman arrested
- Ga. woman sentenced in child abuse case
- GA police officer resigns after shooting man's dog
- Man dies in Ga. country club landscaping accident
- SC congressmen say SRS has money for fuel project
- Latvian fiber glass company announces Ga. project
- Indian senior community part of growing niche
- Federal court: Virginia marriage is for all
- Appeals court allows Sept. 11 steel cross display
- Miller faces sales job on $17B VA health care bill
- Giant ketchup bottle draws tourists in Illinois
- With Israel at war, US lawmakers give full support
- $1,000 pill now hepatitis C treatment of choice
- Conn. man cleared in killing seeks compensation
- Hiker, 13, missing in California national park
- No verdict, no mistrial yet in Ventura libel case
- Kosovo prosecutor suspects some killed for organs
- Passengers stuck in Hawaii for 3 nights get cash
- Lonely Londoners looking to open up to strangers
- Egypt military kills 7 militants in volatile Sinai
- BP warns of impact of Russia sanctions on profits
- Teen survivors haunted by S. Korean ferry sinking
- Death toll rises to 23 in Philippine road attack
- Australia plans to arrest 2 Middle East fighters
- Nepal to allow cremation of Tibetan Buddhist monk
- Synagogue in Germany attacked
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!