Tonight: Mostly cloudy with a few scattered showers late. Lows near 60.
A better chance of rain arrives by Tuesday, along ... More...
Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
Cleveland High School
Broadcasting students recently organized and produced their second
annual, school-wide, lip dub video project. A lip dub is a continuously
shot music video which contains no editing. The video entitled, "We Go
Pop 2012," includes a mix of three songs.
All Juniors and
Seniors, including athletic teams and fine arts organizations,
participated in the production. Cleveland High School Principal Autumn
O'Bryan and Director of Cleveland City Schools Dr. Martin Ringstaff also
made special appearances in the video.
director, CHS Senior Sara Anne Ownbey, stated, "This year was a bigger
challenge with the addition of the student body; however, our school
spirit made this year's lip dub amazing."
Cleveland High School’s
broadcasting instructor Jon Souders also remarked, "I presented the
idea to my class, and they ran with it. From the choreography to
directing the actual video, it was all student led and created. I am
very pleased with the final product and the positive community response
has been tremendous."
Last year's video received over 40,000 views from YouTube and SchoolTube.
To view the 2012 CHS Lip Dub, use the following links:
High School is a public school located in Cleveland, Tennessee, with an
approximate enrollment of 1,250 students in the ninth through twelfth
grades.Cleveland High Video Hopes to Go Viral
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia releases 2 years of school scores
- Atlanta airport general manager finalists named
- Hinesville man dies in ATV wreck
- Savannah police investigate fatal shooting
- Police seek suspect in unauthorized party shooting
- Man fatally hit by vehicle on Atlanta interstate
- Cobb police investigate crash in church lot
- Road likely to reopen as water main work continues
- Sewage plant odors could be topic of meeting
- Fundraising begins for university campus in Newnan
- Teen stowaway could face charges in California
- High court will hear case of mistaken traffic stop
- Tight security doesn't dampen mood for Boston Marathon
- Court won't hear Arizona appeal over harboring ban
- Court rejects Exxon Mobil appeal of $105M verdict
- High court rejects new Guantanamo appeal
- Facing eviction, 89-year-old smoker plans to move
- Court to look at 'born in Jerusalem' passport case
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring 21
- Biden heads to Ukraine as tensions rise
- Somali lawmaker killed in car bomb explosion
- UN condemns ethnic killings in South Sudan
- South Korean president: Ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- Parents: 234 girls kidnapped from Nigeria school
- Gaza militants fire missile, rockets at Israel
- Syria to hold presidential election on June 3
- Chinese police begin carrying guns during patrols
- Anti-junta Myanmar journalist Win Tin dies at 85
- Malaysia Airlines jet turns back after gear fails
- 8 killed in Finland parachutist plane accident
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!