Chattanooga History Showcase on C-SPAN
Chattanooga history is about to take center stage on a national television program.
C-SPAN is coming to Chattanooga Monday to the history center to kick things off. The network plans to record and then showcase Chattanooga history and the city's literary life.
C-SPAN will be here all week to capture the important milestones of the Scenic City. Chattanooga was chosen as one of 20 U.S. communities on the network's 2013 Cities Tour.
The stories gathered this week will air January 18-19.Chattanooga History Showcase on C-SPAN
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 2 injured when Amtrak train hits car in North Carolina
- Ga. hospital agrees to $20 million false billing settlement
- Director of state agency that investigates judges steps down
- Trial begins for woman accused in convenience store slaying
- High school teacher killed in wreck with prom-going teens
MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) -- About 80,000 people attended the annual Taste of Marietta festival in northern Atlanta.
- 2 killed in northwest Atlanta shooting
- 82nd Airborne holds change of responsibility ceremony
- Police say teenager hit, killed 2-year-old Georgia boy
- Lawyer in Atlanta cheating case previews new support group
- Elderly victim testifies in 1st trial of alleged scammers
- Arizona firefighter charged with murder in 3 cold cases
- Robert Durst to be moved to jail closer to New Orleans
- California teen confesses to fatally stabbing 9-year-old boy
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: US soldiers stay in Nepal to help
- 'Black-ish' creator set to write 'Good Times' movie
- An explanation of wild birds' role in avian flu outbreak
- Abramoff co-conspirator released from federal prison
- Jayne Meadows, actress and TV personality, dies at 95
- Kentucky judge rules for printer that refused gay pride job
- AP Interview: UNESCO chief says Nepal sites 'huge disaster'
- Niger army retakes control of island from Boko Haram
- Gunman shouting Allahu akbar in Bosnia storms police station
- Armed group, allied with Mali government, attacks town
- Building collapses at Saudi university, killing 4 workers
- Burundi Red Cross: 6 killed in anti-president protests
- Sicilian court convicts 20 Somalis of migrant-trafficking
- Uruguay urges ex-Guantanamo detainees to sign for housing
- UN: Israeli actions killed 44 Palestinians at UN shelters
- Memorial held for French Alps crash victims in Barcelona
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!