Tuesday: Very humid along with a mix of sun and clouds. Occasional showers and t-showers with a high in the mid 80s. A south wind at 5-10mph.
Tuesday Night: ... More...
Chambliss Law Firm Honors Outstanding UTC Students
Chambliss law firm honored the 2013-2014 John C. Stophel Distinguished Students at its annual Stophel Scholars reception on Tuesday, February 18 at the Chambliss Conference Center, Liberty Tower. The reception offered the 10 award recipients, eight undergraduates and two graduate students, the opportunity to meet and engage with members of Chattanooga’s business community.
“We are humbled to be able to honor these hard working, devoted students with recognition and introductions to some of our area’s most engaged business leaders,” said Tony Young, firm administrator of Chambliss.
The Stophel Scholars program, now in its sixth year, aims to foster local talent and encourage promising students to build long-lasting mentor relationships with Chattanooga professionals. The John C. Stophel Distinguished Student Award recognizes high potential students in the UTC College of Business who are emerging leaders. Award recipients are chosen based on strong leadership skills, self-motivating initiative, strong decision-making skills and communication skills.
This year’s recipients include: Bradley Bell, Marketing, Knoxville, Tenn.; Kayla DeLong, Accounting, Maryville, Tenn.; Kelsey Giddens, Management, Franklin, Tenn.; Saasha Jones, MBA, Chattanooga, Tenn.; Scott Kramer, Accounting, Chicago, Ill.; Sydney Lamb, Accounting, Tullahoma, Tenn.; Kate Linehart, Accounting, Signal Mountain, Tenn.; Erin Mercer, Marketing, Hendersonville, Tenn.; Lynna Nguyen, Accounting and Finance, Chattanooga, Tenn.; and James Walpert, MBA, Chattanooga, Tenn.
“UTC is proud of these young men and women and appreciates the commitment Chambliss has made, through the John C. Stophel Award, to recognize some of our outstanding business students,” said Dr. Robert Dooley, Dean of UTC’s College of Business. “This networking event gave the students a chance to talk with potential mentors and future employers.”
Chambliss law firm established an endowment at UTC in 2008 to honor the legacy of Mr. Stophel, a founding member of the firm. He practiced law for more than 50 years, and during his career led numerous civic, charitable and religious efforts in the community. He served as Chairman of the University of Chattanooga Foundation Board of Trustees from 2001-2004.
To learn more about the John C. Stophel Distinguished Student Award visit this web page. Chambliss Law Firm Honors Outstanding UTC Students
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Tropical depression forms in central Atlantic
- Georgia university launching new MBA program
- US nuclear regulator looks to reposition staff
- No charges for sheriff's deputy in Taser accident
- SIAC championship game moving to Montgomery
- Georgia AG wants same-sex marriage suit dismissed
- AG Olens refuses Carter's call for ethics probe
- Jekyll Island OKs sharpshooters for thinning deer
- Kingston, Perdue make final pitch in Senate race
- 159,152 ballots cast in Ga. runoff early voting
- Theater shooting lawyers in court to discuss video
- VA nominee McDonald goes before Congress
- HIV pills show more promise to prevent infection
- Obama heads off to raise money on the West Coast
- American Jews, other 'lone soldiers' serve Israel
- Closings set in Ventura suit over sniper's book
- Genetic mapping triggers new hope on schizophrenia
- Man accused of enslaving woman to be sentenced
- Working-class whites lose voting dominance in Ohio
- Friend is first convicted in Boston Marathon probe
- Protesters at Russian embassy in KL seek justice
- Suicide bomber kills 4 foreign guards in Kabul
- Australia wants security job for wronged countries
- US wants international push for Mideast cease-fire
- TV news reporter found shot to death in Honduras
- Philippine army says 18 killed in rebel clashes
- Body of missing S.Korean shipping tycoon found
- Rebels release, black boxes, train with bodies from downed jet
- Mexico declares group home owner mentally unfit
- Official: Turkish soldier killed in clash
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Golf Card2014 Golf Card
FORE! Get your Golf Card now to enjoy 10 rounds of golf at great local courses for one low price! CHECK OUT THE DEAL.
Health and Beauty
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!