Tonight: Mostly clear with lows in the lower 60s and winds near calm.
Tuesday: Mostly sunny and highs again in the mid ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Former President Carter celebrates 90th birthday
- Jury to start deliberating loud music killing case
- Man struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- Petition seeks charges in crash that killed 7
- Person struck, killed by transit train in Atlanta
- Person struck by transit train in downtown Atlanta
- ATF agent shot in Athens, hospitalized
- 2 suspects captured after shootout with police
- Grant to help Ga. health organization bolster care
- GA lawmakers to hear testimony on medical cannabis
- In Scott Walker race, he's the main issue
- Federal appeals court to mull guns in post offices
- Report IDs 'major weaknesses' at nuclear-arms lab
- Police: Worker hid $1,200 worth of meat in pants
- Ex-officer pleads guilty in drugstore killings
- Girl, 10, dies from complications of enterovirus
- Mom may face new charges in van chase, shooting
- Trial set in deadly Vegas Strip shooting, crash
- Senior congressman wants Secret Service chief out
- Jury selection resumes in Jodi Arias retrial
- France ups military deployment against IS group
- UN says Syria vaccine deaths was an NGO 'mistake'
- Chinese government may be losing patience with protests in Hong Kong
- NATO's new chief says relations with Russia could improve
- US Navy says crew member missing in Persian Gulf
- UN says 1st staffer dies of 'probable' Ebola
- Pope urges Europe to open doors to refugees
- British warplanes destroy IS targets in Iraq
- Officials: Baghdad car bomb kills 13
- Destruction of Syria weapons facilities to begin
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!