Wednesday: Sunny with an afternoon high in the upper 70s mountains to lower 80s valley. A northeast wind at 5-10mph.
Wednesday Night: ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Bond set for UGA student accused of making threat
- GA attorney general's office pays ethics case fine
- Man gets 10 months for dumping waste in DC river
- Simpson Lumber Company offered for sale
- Fox Theatre thanks Atlanta for saving it
- Burning smell prompts evacuations at hospital
- Part of hospital evacuated as crews battle fire
- Plane, 2 men still missing after weeklong search
- Man found stabbed to death in south Fulton County
- Symphony postpones concerts amid labor dispute
- Gaby Giffords: I'm still fighting
- Tribes from US, Canada sign bison treaty
- Manning sues Defense Dept. for gender treatment
- Judge dismisses snowboarder suit an
- Connecticut couple sues airlines in abduction case
- Belgian man identified in testing of 9/11 remains
- US calls for NKorea to shut 'evil' prison camps
- Arizona fugitive captured after months on run
- DC considers ban on American Indian nicknames
- LA sheriff's deputies sentenced for blocking probe
- Obama urges world to follow US lead on climate
- Arab states single out Israel at IAEA
- Eds: Updates to include increased aid from the EU. With AP Photos.
- EU increases Syria refugee aid by $280 million
- US: Syria failed to confront Islamic State havens
- Mexico: 2 burned bodies found in congressman's car
- Algerian troops search for kidnapped Frenchman
- US: Over 50 countries agree to fight extremists
- Ukraine: Cease-fire being upheld on both sides
- Mexico sees sign of hope for Monarch butterflies
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!