Easter Sunday: Sunny, and BEAUTIFUL from sunrise service to the afternoon egg hunt! Highs in the mid 70s with light winds. (Sunrise is 7:03am)
Becoming partly ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- NC authorities: 10-month-old girl abducted by dad
- Ga. GOP Senate hopefuls try to separate themselves
- Repairs to broken water main to take more time
- Sewage plant sparks smell concerns at garden
- Police probe drowning death in Lake Lanier
- Police probe Saturday slaying of Kennesaw man
- Police recover stolen House clerk's car in Atlanta
- Crews plan repairs for water main break in Atlanta
- Registration deadline to vote in primary near
- Zoo Atlanta has warthog births for spring
- In Colorado, a pot holiday goes mainstream
- 2,500 homeless fed in Miami over Easter weekend
- Man detained after LA Times building lockdown
- Body found by highway is missing Massachusetts boy
- US weighing military exercises in Eastern Europe
- Hundreds paddle out for surf icon Hobie Alter
- Tenn. ammunition plant explosion ruled accidental
- Woman says beau stole her dog, TV on 1st date
- California man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Creeping landslide devouring part of Wyoming town
- 4 French journalists freed from Syria captors home
- Egypt gunmen kill intelligence officer near Cairo
- Road accident kills 36 in southern Pakistan
- Sub search for missing jet to be finished in week
- Japan minister at shrine honoring war criminals
- Attacks kill 16 across Iraq
- At barricades, Ukraine insurgents await Easter
- Colombia hopes to share Garcia Marquez remains
- Bombs targeting soldiers, shoppers kill 11 in Iraq
- Ministry: 2 killed in apparent Bahrain car bombing
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!