Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Director of state agency that investigates judges steps down
- Trial begins for woman accused in convenience store slaying
- High school teacher killed in wreck with prom-going teens
MARIETTA, Ga. (AP) -- About 80,000 people attended the annual Taste of Marietta festival in northern Atlanta.
- 2 killed in northwest Atlanta shooting
- 82nd Airborne holds change of responsibility ceremony
- Police say teenager hit, killed 2-year-old Georgia boy
- Lawyer in Atlanta cheating case previews new support group
- Family says Georgia man missing after Nepal earthquake
- Singer Jamie Barton wins the 'Heisman Trophy' of music
- Latest on Boston trial: Mother-in-law cries during testimony
- An explanation of wild birds' role in avian flu outbreak
- Kansas faces criticism for cost of sex offender program
- Feds say Ohio man wanted to follow brother's terrorist path
- The Latest on Nepal Quake: US soldiers stay in Nepal to help
- Coast Guard suspends search for 4 missing off Alabama coast
- Judge won't delay order on inmate sex reassignment surgery
- Pilot makes emergency landing in eastern Kansas field
- Latest on Boston trial: Mother of Tamerlan's widow testifies
- Texas inmate asks US Supreme Court to block execution
- Armed group, allied with Mali government, attacks town
- Building collapses at Saudi university, killing 4 workers
- Burundi Red Cross: 6 killed in anti-president protests
- Sicilian court convicts 20 Somalis of migrant-trafficking
- Uruguay urges ex-Guantanamo detainees to sign for housing
- UN: Israeli actions killed 44 Palestinians at UN shelters
- Memorial held for French Alps crash victims in Barcelona
- SAfrica: Charity, solidarity arise in anti-foreigner attacks
- Nuclear powers gather at UN to talk disarmament
- Ex-president OK'd CIA site, denies knowing what it was for
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!