Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Man drowns in Chattahoochee River northwest of Atlanta
- Girl, 16, killed by stray bullet that enters her home
- Police: Vet steals Humvee from Ga. base, runs from SC cops
- Off-duty police officer, infant killed in 2-vehicle crash
- Drone supporters say ban around Georgia Capitol goes too far
- Augusta nonprofit helping students gets accreditation
- Demolition work begins on homes near Robins Air Force Base
- Study: Ga. teachers, state workers pay more for health care
- Police investigating Norcross home invasion; 1 man shot
- Kennesaw man dies of injuries from fight
- Family searches for missing baby in Northern California
- Newport's iconic Cliff Walk now smoke-free
- Infant found on the side of the road in Maryland
- The Latest: Crowds await Pope Francis' arrival in Ecuador
- State must fix hundreds of fish-blocking culverts
- Cal Ripken to visit Connecticut to promote youth foundation
- Black bear relocated after wandering Hartford neighborhood
- The Latest: Pope Francis awaited in Ecuador on 3-nation trip
- Infant found on the side of the road in Pasadena
- Boater charged after 17-year-old killed on Lake Norman
- Bomb attacks on Shiite districts kill 15 people in Iraq
- A royal milestone: Britain's Princess Charlotte christened at church on queen's estate
- Indian coast guard seizes Iranian boat, arrests 12 crew
- Israeli Cabinet reverses bill easing conversion to Judaism
- Burkina Faso: Father wants justice in sex abuse case
- Israeli Cabinet reverses policy easing conversion to Judaism
- US-led coalition carries out series of deadly strikes targeting IS militants in Raqqa
- The Latest: No matter the result, Greece's way ahead unclear
- Syrian troops, Hezbollah enter rebel-held mountain resort
- Land mine blast in east Ukraine kills 5 soldiers, wounds 3
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!