Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia Power acknowledges rising costs for Plant Vogtle
- Ga. man sentenced in death of girlfriend's younger brother
- Austell mayor proposes paying employees for working out
- Rain leads to more than 591,000 gallon Ga. wastewater spill
- Execution date set for Ga. man convicted in 1992 slaying
- Ga. consumer information possibly compromised in data breach
- Spate of crimes linked to Craigslist prompts extra caution
- Clarke County schools superintendent gets national honor
- Fort Benning has new garrison command sergeant major
- Acrobat reported missing from circus in Atlanta area
- Obama signs 1-week bill to keep Homeland Security funded
- House Roll Call: Approving 1-week DHS funding bill
- House OKs bill to fund Homeland Security for 1 week
- House Roll Call: Rejecting 3-week DHS funding bill
- La. teen accused of knocking school bus driver unconscious
- Senate approves 1-week funding bill for Homeland Security
- Rabbi accused of videotaping women resigns from university
- Obama condemns 'brutal murder' of Russian opposition figure
- Administration circulates plans for possible DHS shutdown
- GOP, Dem senators offer bill challenging Obama on Iran
- China's latest survey finds increase in wild giant pandas
- Mexico gillnet ban taking effect to help endangered porpoise
- Ex-Colombia president's allies convicted for spying ring
- Mexico City former mayor breaks with leftist PRD party
- Mexico's dolphinariums come under criticism from activists
- Mexico to replace embattled attorney general
- Switzerland 1st country to submit pledge for UN climate pact
- UN plans decision in August on mass Ebola vaccine program
- Scandinavians form human chains after synagogue attacks
- Venezuelan students protest deadly force order
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!