Friday: Very hot and humid with an afternoon high in the mid to upper 90s. A Heat Index above 100. Only a slight chance for an afternoon t-shower.
Friday Night: A fair ... More...
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Heat prompts changes in routines for police horses
- Fugitive squad to search for shooting suspect
- GA man gets life sentence in teen's shooting death
- American Ebola doc urges help fighting outbreak
- New leadership chosen for Ga. transportation board
- Search for man accused of shooting at Ga. officer
- Ga. woman shoots suspected burglar through door
- Police search for man in officer-involved shooting
- Nunn ramps up attacks on Perdue at Senate forum
- 2 Georgia men sentenced in robbery, assault
- Ice bucket challenge goes awry, firefighters hurt
- Slaying of American reopens debate on ransoms
- Obama faces options in Iraq and Syria
- National Guard to withdraw from a quieter Ferguson
- Israel, Palestinians trade fire; 2 killed in Gaza
- Mud, slides close roads, trap motorists in Wash.
- Vermont dignitaries expected for Jeffords funeral
- 2 men face charges in suburban Chicago standoff
- Oklahoma policeman accused of sex assaults on duty
- Veteran music agent Peter Grosslight dead at 68
- 2 French teen girls probed as would-be jihadis
- China's Xi courts public opinion in Mongolia
- German policeman on trial in dismemberment killing
- Europe, US mull UN resolution on Gaza truce
- Ukraine claims wins over rebels but progress slow
- Malaysia prepares to receive bodies from M17 crash
- Mexico nabs suspects with 10,000 sea turtle eggs
- Charges dropped against Venezuelan protesters
- Police tear gas, water cannons at Chilean protest
- Liberia distributes food in slum sealed to stop Ebola
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!