Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library
Join the Chattanooga Public Library and PBS for a special Cat in the Hat event on Tuesday, November 20, from 4 - 6 p.m. at the South Chattanooga Branch Library. Meet the Cat in the Hat live and in person and hear classic Dr. Seuss stories. Guests will enjoy a sneak preview of the upcoming PBS movie, Cat in the Hat Knows a lot About Christmas. Enjoy refreshments and play PBS Ready to Learn math and literacy games on iPads and Kindle Fires. Register to win door prizes. The South Chattanooga Branch is located at 925 West 39th Street, Chattanooga, TN 37410
Ready to Learn games and electronic devices are a result of a joint grant given to PBS affiliate WTCI, the Chattanooga Public Library and their community partners. Ready To Learn is an effective children's media program targeted toward America's most at-risk kids, but made available to all families and children across the country. Ready To Learn's high-quality trans-media content is unparalleled in its impact, value and necessity. The math and literacy-based educational programming created by Ready To Learn provides families with effective, non-commercial content that helps prepare kids for success in school.
Ready to Learn is an innovative partnership between Congress, the U.S. Department of Education, the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, PBS, and our local public stations and their many community-based partners. Ready To Learn leverages the reach of public broadcasting to successfully move the needle in children's learning and provide unique educational safe havens for kids on TV, online, and on mobile devices.
Cat in the Hat at Chattanooga Library Monday, November 19 2012, 03:10 PM EST
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Georgia parole board releases transgender inmate who sued
- The Latest: Names released in Atlanta police shootings
- The Latest: Neighbor says man shot by police was watching TV
- Missouri court throws out dispute over Ferguson prosecution
- FDA issues warning letters to powdered caffeine distributors
- Last teacher in Atlanta cheating scandal gets year in prison
- Investigators: Georgia officer likely shot by other officers
- Man dies after Ga. deputy uses Taser on him
- Cause of Cobb County apartment fire under investigation
- Immigrants with disputed status sue for GA driver's licenses
- Shell president optimistic about Arctic offshore drilling
- Man gets life in hammer deaths of octogenarian parents
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- Obama buys out cinnamon rolls at Anchorage cafe
- In climate bid, Obama stares down melting Alaska glacier
- Records show Washington school shooter planned killing
- Kerry to outline US assurances to Israel, Gulf to lawmakers
- The Latest on Jewish shootings: Miller returns to stand
- The Latest: Supreme Court won't stop Missouri execution
- Testimony begins in murder trial of 13-year-old Michigan boy
- North Korea denies it apologized over mine blast
- China chemical factory blast toll rises to 5
- UN: Gaza could be 'uninhabitable' by 2020 if trends continue
- Guinea arrests ex-wildlife director for alleged trafficking
- Charges sought against Brazil's former chief-of-staff
- Protests block Guatemala Congress as impeachment considered
- Shots fired from Syria kill Turkish soldier
- Moldovan police chief briefly detained at Moscow airport
- Canada police bring charges against Syrian in rendition case
- Israel asks UN to reject Palestinian attempt to raise flag
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!