Tonight: Cloudy. A chance for rain possible late. A better chance in southern and eastern parts of the viewing area. Snow showers mixing in at the higher peaks of the Smokies & Blue Ridge Mtns. An overnight low in the mid/upper 30s.
Wednesday: ... More...
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- 21 arrested during Ferguson protests in Atlanta
- Protesters in Atlanta oppose Ferguson decision
- Met Museum gets major gift of African-American art
- Clemency hearing set for Georgia death row inmate
- Dawson County man shot to death during fight
- Protesters plan Atlanta protest of Ferguson ruling
- Police identify woman fatally shot at bus stop
- UGA breaking ground on new annex
- New director named for UGA Extension
- Ga. fire chief in trouble over homosexuality book
- Police cruiser torched outside Ferguson city hall
- 10 Things to Know for Wednesday
- 5th person pleads guilty in drug warehouse heist
- Man arrested; deputies say he aimed banana at them
- 2 men charged with trying to support Islamic State
- Cleveland crowd protests over boy shot by police
- Grand jury focused on key fatal Ferguson 'tussle'
- 2 hunters shot in woods behind Pennsylvania school
- In Seattle, tofu turkeys get Thanksgiving pardons
- Obama pitches immigration steps in his hometown
- Domestic violence in NYC reflects the world
- Cardenas leaves Mexico leftist party he founded
- Report finds abusers remain in Australian ranks
- China state media says 24 coal miners die in fire
- Report cites weather in deadly Bahamas air crash
- Argentina president returns after illness
- Greece: HIV infections ease after spike
- Puerto Rico police seize $11.5M worth of cocaine
- Gunmen seize jewels and hostage in Paris heist
- UN: 12.2 million Syrians need humanitarian help
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!