Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Savannah police investigating death of Colombian man
- Governor staff raises exceed those for teachers, others
- Muscogee schools, CSU partner on science, math, tech program
- No charges for lobbyist who brought gun to Capitol
- After escape, man faces new charge: stealing handcuffs
- Savannah-Chatham begins new police chief search
- Savannah police investigating death of Columbian man
- Ga. man sentenced to life on child molestation charges
- Atlanta planning event to commemorate Selma march
- Hardman Farm, new Georgia historic site, to open next week
- A mix of weather being felt across the country
- Rand Paul wins straw poll
- Biden welcomes pending passage Ukrainian economic plan
- Homicide leads Arizona police to arrest man in 2 killings
- Officer hospitalized after she's struck, dragged by car
- Senator: Venezuela frees 4 North Dakota missionaries
- Police: Man, 60, crushed to death at Ohio machine shop
- Christie to Calif. Republicans: No rush to pick 2016 nominee
- Excommunicated Mormon loses her final appeal
- Canada border hours worry residents in small Alaska town
- Brazil arrests US sect leader wanted on sex charges
- Venezuela to limit US diplomat number, require tourist visas
- Chile's president meets with ailing teen who asked to die
- Blasts from women suicide bombers kill 4 in north Nigeria
- Greek police arrest 2 suspected members of anarchist group
- Police in German city warn of potential extremist threat
- Sierra Leone registers rise in new Ebola cases
- Ukrainian photojournalist killed in shelling in restive east
- Iran offers to protect Iraqi artifacts after militant attack
- German-based anti-Islam group holds first rally in England
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!