Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Hearse and body stolen in Atlanta; police arrest suspect
- 5th man arrested on charge tied to Indiana HIV outbreak
- Man told to remove NRA hat at polls agrees to drop lawsuit
- Ga. man sentenced in robbery arranged through Craigslist
- Georgia attorney general chosen for leadership position
- GBI probing deputy-involved shooting in west Georgia
- Federal officials investigate recent fires at black churches
- Gainesville man re-elected chairman of ports authority board
- Here is the latest Georgia news from The Associated Press
- Sculptor chosen for MLK statue at Georgia Capitol
- Court ruling spurs backers' hopes for redistricting changes
- Obama hosting Brazilian leader Dilma Rousseff at White House
- After mercury ruling, higher scrutiny of Obama climate rules
- Man in wheelchair robs bank in New York, makes getaway
- Oklahoma, Florida move quickly to resume lethal injections
- Texas abortion providers study whether clinics could reopen
- Openly transgender swimmer at Harvard believed to be a 1st
- Convicted killer thought fellow escape was slowing him down
- Fire chief says blaze destroys historic stadium in Oregon
- Wisconsin teen accused of killing parents pleads insanity
- UN rights office urges Thailand to free 14 student activists
- Iran's Zarif leaves for Vienna
- UN condemns fighting by Syria and rebels in Golan Heights
- Liberian official says corpse tests positive for Ebola
- UN extends Darfur peacekeeping force despite Sudan protest
- Suriname's leader dismisses acting speaker of Parliament
- Puerto Rico to seek debt moratorium from bondholders
- Developer of $3.5B Bahamas megaresort files for bankruptcy
- Spanish royals in Mexico on 1st state visit to Latin America
- WikiLeaks says NSA spied on French business
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!