Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
Edith Perez, a senior at Bledsoe County High School is driving a New-to-her car tonight thanks to a unique program offered by Bledsoe County schools.
Ms. Perez won her car in a drawing. The car, a 2004 Chevrolet Aveo, was donated by Victory Motors Pre-Owned of Pikeville.
Students earned entries in the drawing each nine weeks of school. To qualify couldn't be absent more than three days the first nine weeks of the semester nor absent more than seven days the entire semester.
At the end of each nine-week period, five winners were chosen including one senior, one junior, one sophomore, one freshman and one vocational center student. Students with perfect attendance received a bonus opportunity in the drawing with one additional ticket will be placed in the drawing for each nine-week period.
Pictured (l-r) are Edith Perez; Jack Roberson, Attendance Director; Jennifer Terry, Director of Schools; Linda Pickett, Bledsoe Co High School Principal.
Bledsoe County Senior Wins a Car
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Fred is easternmost hurricane to form in tropics of Atlantic
- Conviction keeps Albany ex-commissioner out of mayor's race
- Girl, 12, seriously hurt after being struck by car in Athens
- Georgia lawmaker says he had account on cheating website
- Explosion reported at burning Marietta apartment complex
- Georgia governor proposes $50M more on pre-kindergarten
- Atlanta police investigating fatal stabbing
- Rally in Henry County after racist graffiti painted on homes
- Police: Man tried abducting girl near Cobb County bus stop
- Scientists study how rising seas will reshape Georgia coast
- Sex registry questioned after prep school grad's conviction
- Walker spokeswoman: He's not advocating a wall
- The Latest: Hometown crowd gathers to honor slain cameraman
- Deputy shoots man suspected of stalking outside WWE facility
- Reckoning nears for clerk resisting same-sex marriage ruling
- Man admits stabbing son to death during fight over eviction
- California doctor faces murder trial in 3 men's drug deaths
- NY ethics board drops Trump complaint about attorney general
- White House: Will find another way to honor McKinley
- Court considers challenge to California death penalty
- Venezuelan leader says Colombia plotting his assassination
- Iran's Parliament speaker says he supports nuclear deal
- Hurricane Fred hits Cape Verde with flooding, downed trees
- Official: Turkish court orders British journalists arrested
- Mozambique: Journalists, academic found guilty of defamation
- Kanye for 2020? White House welcomes rapper's political bid
- Silence at Vatican funeral for ex-envoy in sexual abuse case
- EU Council president rejects criticism over migrant crisis
- Poland's warring leaders honor Solidarity separately
- Yemen rebels raid dozens of homes of opponents in capital
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!