Tonight: Becoming cloudy Showers possible late. An overnight low near 60. A south wind at 10mph.
Friday: Showers likely ... More...
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Ga. transit police plan Detroit recruitment event
- Georgia Tech to host health care partnership forum
- Woman charged in NC kidnap to have bond hearing
ATLANTA (AP) -- A collaborative of Georgia journalism schools and news organizations will use a $35,000 grant to train investigative reporters.
- Ga. journalism collaborative awarded $35 million
- Ga. Republican's ad blames 'immoral' debt on Obama
- Amber Alert issued for 2-year-old girl
- Boy says he sang gospel song, abductor freed him
- Deal signs bill expanding gun rights in Georgia
- Deal set to sign bill expanding gun rights in Ga.
- Taliban ready to deal on captive US soldier?
- 2-week truce for hot sauce maker, California city
- Big riders mean big horses on Western trails
- Technology group to decide Cover Oregon's future
- Cleared of murder, man starts fresh 24 years later
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes
- Camilla's brother dies in NY of head injury
- Biologists watching fish runs after deadly slide
- Judge releases tape of would-be assassin's exam
- FDA proposes extending its oversight of tobacco
- Militant group in Egypt says it killed officer
- UK police seek to halt Brits joining Syria rebels
- 3 people missing after freighter sinks off Greece
- Obama to Russia: More sanctions are 'teed up'
- Last appeal bid rejected in HK 'Milkshake Murder'
- Ukraine official: city hall cleared of protesters
- Unilever first quarter sales hit by strong euro
- Kashmiris stage protests during Indian elections
- Obama: Not hopeful North Korea will change soon
- Pakistan: Bomb kills police officer, 2 others
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!