Today: Mostly cloudy with some light rain possible. A cooler afternoon high in the low/mid 60s along with a steady northeast wind at 10-15mph.
Tonight: Cloudy with some rain possible, especially over the southern part of the viewing area. An ... More...
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
The Chattanooga-area Better Business Bureau recognized businesses with the BBB “Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics” Tuesday. They also awarded “Student of Integrity” scholarships.
Businesses recognized for the 2013 BBB Torch Award for Marketplace Ethics are:
-- Category I Winner: Collier Construction Company, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category I Honorable Mention: Aubrey Black Decorative Concrete, Lookout Mountain, GA
-- Category II Winner: Rone Regency Jewelers, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category II Honorable Mention: ABRA Auto Body & Glass, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category III: Winner: CapitalMark Bank & Trust, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category IV: Winner: Vision Hospitality Group, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-Profit Charity Winner: First Things First, Inc., Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Non-Profit Charity Honorable Mention: Hunter Museum of American Art, Chattanooga, TN
-- Category Not-for-Profit Winner: Tennessee Valley Federal Credit Union, Chattanooga, TN
The BBB also conducted it 9th annual “Student of Integrity” scholarship competition. Scholarships with the value of $1000 each were awarded to ten (10) students who competed by writing an essay on “the importance of ethics in business and our community”. The competition was available to all high schools seniors in the BBB service area of 21 surrounding counties in Southeast Tennessee and Northwest Georgia. 97 students entered the competition this year.
The winners of the BBB 2013 “Student of Integrity” scholarships are:
-- Hogan S. Brock, Armuchee High School, Armuchee, GA
-- Coleman F. Calfee, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Spencer B. Early, McCallie School, Chattanooga, TN
-- Robert L. Hardaway, II, Dalton High School, Dalton, GA
-- Bryson A. Lype, Ooltewah High School, Ooltewah, TN
-- Carly M. Morris, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Nathan A. Myers, Bradley Central High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Rebecca L. Reddoch, Calhoun High School, Calhoun, GA
-- Luke E. Shattuck, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, TN
-- Renee M. Stullich, Soddy Daisy High School, Soddy Daisy, TN
Congratulations to the winners in the business “Torch Awards for Marketplace Ethics” and the “Student of Integrity” scholarships. BBB President Jim Winsett states, “Individually, the business winners and the student winners are exemplary representatives of ethics and integrity in our marketplace”.
BBB 2013 Torch Awards
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Water main break again prompts street closure
- High winds, heavy rain expected in Georgia
- Interim president chosen for Gwinnett Tech
- Ga. woman sentenced in investment fraud scheme
- State warns against leaving children in vehicles
- Developers interested in baseball stadium property
- US Chamber endorses Kingston in Ga. Senate race
- More than $1M in fake soccer gear seized in Ga.
- Atlanta airport officials mulling terminal hotel
- Geico planning middle Ga. expansion
- Views differ of imam accused in terror case
- Remembering an officer slain after bombs went off
- Homeland Security reissues immigrant asylum rules
- Woman, teenager found dead in Lake Erie; 2 missing
- Texas town honors 15 killed in year-ago explosion
- 2 long-time friends discuss the First Amendment
- 10 Things to Know for Friday
- Flight lands safely in Indiana after threat
- Condition upgraded for victim of firetruck crash
- Fraternity shuts Ole Miss branch after noose tying
- Iran: Rouhani talks peace, outreach at army parade
- Taliban inmates break out of Afghan prison
- Pakistani madrassa names library after bin Laden
- Filipino devotees re-enact crucifixion of Christ
- Royal couple enjoy sheep-shearing demo Down Under
- Avalanche sweeps Everest; 4-5 believed buried
- Rob Ford acknowledges "rocky moments" at rally
- Dutch man's case linked to Amanda Todd
- Gulf Arab states strike new deal to heal rifts
- Dutch man's case may be linked to Amanda Todd
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!