Today: A mix of sun and clouds. Cooler, with a high in the mid 50s. A north/northwest wind at 5-10mph.
Tonight: Cloudy. A chance for rain possible, especially favoring the southern and eastern parts of the viewing area. Snow showers mixing ... More...
Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Clemency hearing set for Georgia death row inmate
- Dawson County man shot to death during fight
- Protesters plan Atlanta protest of Ferguson ruling
- Police identify woman fatally shot at bus stop
- UGA breaking ground on new annex
- New director named for UGA Extension
- Ga. fire chief in trouble over homosexuality book
- Former jail clerk charged with theft from inmates
- Body found on shore of Lake Lanier
- VA regional director announces plans to retire
- A glance at Ferguson: Then, now and the future
- Bill: New Yorkers could identify as multiracial
- Ferguson mayor: National Guard deployment delayed
- Ferguson mayor: Darren Wilson still on leave
- U.Va. looks at alcohol as factor in sex assaults
- Woman who faked son's cancer gets probation
- East-coast travelers watch the forecast
- Thanksgiving in isolation for returning service members
- Court to weigh impact of disability law on police
- Los Angeles freeway sign unveiled with typo
- UN: 12.2 million Syrians need humanitarian help
- 24 died in Burkina Faso unrest that ousted leader
- 8 shoes of Holocaust victims stolen in Poland
- Top US Jesuit defends Vatican sex prosecutor
- Pope confirms calling Spanish sex abuse victim
- Iran leader approves further nuclear negotiations
- Ethiopia hopes to set world record for HIV tests
- Hundreds of migrants on crippled ship off Crete
- Report: Spies lacked info to stop soldier's murder
- Hungary police warn women of dangers of flirting
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!