Thursday: Cloudy and quite cool. Some light rain possible, even a brief wintry mix during the morning at higher elevations early. An afternoon high ... More...
Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- SC company buys downtown Atlanta shopping center
- Toll lane price in metro Atlanta hits record $10
- Ex-salon owner sentenced after children molested
- Dominion to buy Carolina Gas Transmission for nearly $493M
- Inmate dies at Cherokee County detention center
- Business owners encouraged to renew licenses
- UGA to hold fall commencement ceremonies
- Georgia-based company issues cheese recall
- SC company looks to buy Atlanta shopping center
- FedEx truck crashes in Georgia, spills packages
- Lawyer: Christie won't be sued in bridge scandal
- Bush makes surprise visit to Sept. 11 museum
- Man gets life sentence in Vermont teacher's death
- Defense: Release for mom who drove into ocean
- Obama on Hanukkah says small acts can make miracles
- Central Texas TV meteorologist shot; gunman sought
- Supplement maker admits lying about ingredients
- Christie to discuss 2016 with family over holidays
- NY suit: Help transit riders with limited English
- American Kennel Club adds 4 new dog breeds
- Death toll in clash in western Mexico rises to 11
- UN chief: US torture report must spur global action
- Pope played crucial role in US-Cuba rapprochement
- Congo, UN troops launch operation against rebels
- Cuba welcomes Castro's announcement of renewed US ties
- Belarus tightens control over online media
- Unicef needs more cash for Central African kids
- Kenya urged to respect human rights
- Israel suffers sharp rebuffs from Europe
- UN chief heading to West Africa to see response to Ebola
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!