Today: Mostly sunny and warmer through the afternoon with a high in the upper 60s.
Tonight: Clouds returning and not as cold with an overnight low in the mid to upper 40s.
Friday: Mostly cloudy with a slight chance ... More...
Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Water main break floods Atlanta street
- Atlanta Braves change policy on guns in stadium
- Man killed, woman wounded in Union City shooting
- Georgia jobless rate drops to 7 percent
- Atlanta to host jazz concert, party in cemetery
- Funerals scheduled for 2 Atlanta firefighters
- Georgia State appoints first innovation officer
- Ex-Ga. sheriff's deputy convicted of battery
- Deal signs medical school scholarship regulation
- GA insurance commissioner releases enrollment data
- Ordnance rendered safe; Calif. evacuations lifted
- Kentucky jury convicts ex-priest in sodomy case
- Openings set to start in NY trial of Egyptian imam
- Oklahoma gay-marriage case before US appeals court
- Little government response to bombing a year later
- Texas town recovering year after deadly blast
- Owners end legal fight, sell land to Summit County
- Blast at Tennessee plant kills 1, injures 3
- Number of missing in Washington mudslide drops
- 10 Things to Know for Thursday
- Turkey debates controversial spy agency bill
- Israel arrests Arab journalist over Lebanon visit
- Rights groups ask Nepal to scarp amnesty bill
- Journalists charged with defaming Thailand's navy
- Moderate earthquake jolts southern Iran
- India struggles with rebel threats during election
- Ukraine, US to alternately cajole, threaten Russia
- Conditions hampering search of South Korea ferry
- Malaysian lawmaker and lawyer Karpal Singh dies
- Lawyers in 9/11 at Gitmo case seek to question FBI
The Good Life
Celebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Don Welch to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekEach week WTVC will profile a teacher in Southeast Tennessee and acknowledge their part in the advancement of the education of their students and the contributions to their profession.
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!