Sunday Night: Partly cloudy and comfortable with an overnight low in the middle 60s.
A slightly better chance for afternoon t-showers ... More...
Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- New publisher chosen for The Times of Gainesville
- 2 found dead, infant removed from Smyrna house
- Monroe County sheriff's deputy dies after shooting
- FAA, NTSB probing Ga. small plane crash
- 2 deputies wounded in Monroe County shooting
- Ga. family raises money for girl's ear surgeries
- Stronger Hurricane Odile aims at Mexico's Baja
- University schedules Cobb traffic forum
- Hawks apologize for racially charged comments
- Ga. city officials mull ending public comments
- Police seek huge boa on loose in Idaho
- Mayor at Star-Spangled Banner event, hospitalized
- Man's family disputes police version of shooting
- Lawyer: Hopeful tests show dead infants stillborn
- Colorado deputies find 2 missing boys
- Subway tunnel damaged by Sandy restored to service
- Riders briefly stuck in amusement park outage
- Officials beg pastor, strip club owner to end feud
- Wildlife experts work to keep baby opossums alive
- Colorado deputies search for 2 missing boys
- Syrian opposition to revamp forces on the ground
- Egypt arrests 157 migrants headed to Italy
- Diplomatic push grows against Islamic State group
- Portugal bank slated for sale gets new management
- 2 dead in Slovenia floods, Croatia also hit hard
- Cameron: Islamic State poses `massive' security threat
- Militants holding Lebanese soldiers release video
- 2 men fatally gored by bull at Portuguese festival
- Rights group urges Yemen to probe use of force
- Boat carrying wedding party sinks in flood
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!