Friday: Mostly cloudy with some rain at times again. Even a thundershower possible. High in the low to mid 80s.
Showers and a few storms ... More...
Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Winner declared in Ga. GOP school's chief recount
- Ebola patient to be transferred to Emory hospital
- Ga. exempted from parts of federal education law
- Children at Macon daycare to be tested for TB
- Usher 'overwhelmed' by supporters of foundation
- Georgia woman charged in widespread tax fraud case
- Dog fatally shot after attacking Ga. boy, officer
- Gov. Deal meets with Latino leaders on immigration
- Driver says she was nearly killed by sledgehammer
- Police: Georgia man had 174 pounds of marijuana
- Ebola outbreak to cast shadow over Obama summit
- Saint's remains return to Hawaii permanently
- Elvis' guitar donor says he is rightful owner
- Witness tampering alleged in Oklahoma bomb trial
- Sudan woman arrives in US, faced death over faith
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona was flying low
- New York Air Guardsman pushed down bar stairs dies
- American detained in North Korea feels 'abandoned'
- Fla. boy, 12, arrested in homeless man's killing
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- Power gradually being restored in Colombia city
- Judge won't free Russian accused of hacking in US
- US, UN announce deal on Gaza cease-fire
- Israeli reservists will relieve Gaza troops
- Dutch retrieve DNA of some Ukraine crash victims
- Canada man accused in killings fit to stand trial
- US launches charm offensive against wary India
- French forces arrest Mali jihadist ex-leader
- Norway calls off terror alert, says threat gone
- Travel ban for Sierra Leone players over Ebola
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now on your favorite candidate teacher for the Educator of the Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!