Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Student arrested for pot brownies; children sent to hospital
- Police drop charges against grieving Georgia father
- Man arrested after stealing, pawning church music equipment
- Reward offered for info on Georgia gun theft
- Men who stole 39 Wal-Mart iPads could be part of crime ring
- Obama offers Ga. federal aid for winter storm cleanup
- DEA agent honored for rescuing family from burning truck
- Police: passenger dies in fatal getaway robbery attempt
- Bobby Brown's lawyer: Bobbi Kristina Brown has opened eyes
- Georgia high court upholds ruling tossing murder conviction
- Serbia president's plane trouble caused by coffee spill
- Lawyer: No answer on why man who died in custody was stopped
- US official: Kosovo should try its own rebels
- Arkansas cities push back against laws cast as anti-gay
- Jury to resume deliberations in Iowa spousal sex abuse case
- Penalty phase of Boston Marathon bombing trial set to begin
- Wife of ex-Virginia governor: Corruption trial was unfair
- Spokesman: Alabama woman left to join Islamic State group
- Ex-Va. governor's wife: Corruption trial was unfair
- Annual Jefferson Muzzles awards released, spotlighting those who snuffed or punished free speech
- Prosecutors build case against traffickers as EU mulls plan
- Blast at Spanish Embassy in Libya causes minor damages
- Iran president: Yemen strikes show Saudi 'mental imbalance'
- Man detained after fire at British embassy in The Hague
- US man gets 18-year jail for murdering girlfriend's mother
- 'Accountant of Auschwitz' standing trial in Germany
- 7 dead, 17 trapped in flooded northern China coal mine
- Sri Lankan lawmakers protest bribery summons for ex-leader
- Officials say explosion in southern Afghanistan kills 3
- Chinese President Xi Jinping addresses Pakistani parliament
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!