Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at email@example.com, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- GA parole board held clemency hearing for man set to die
- Metro Atlanta man killed in Alabama freeway crash
- Ga. sisters sentenced in robbery, carjacking of SCAD student
- New Atlanta restaurant to feature world-class artworks
- Batman ride at Six Flags Over Georgia to run backward
- Study: Savannah River has room for Ga., SC to build new port
- Man facing charges over missing couple turns himself in
- Alabama appeals decision blocking ban on same-sex marriage
- Georgia ports seeing growth from West Coast labor problems
- Couple is missing after long drive to meet Craigslist seller
- Boston JetBlue flight searched after threat, nothing found
- Small plane reported down in Washington state's Hood Canal
- Deputy: Police kill man who fired at officers in Minnesota
- Snowstorm paralyzing northeast, wide ripple effects on travel
- Denver police shoot, kill teen who struck officer with car
- What you need to know about northeastern US snowstorm
- Couple charged after pet ferrets attack baby, chew off nose
- The latest on the Northeast snowstorm
- Balloon crew hits halfway mark in bid to break records
- 4 sentenced in California in fake kidnapping scheme
- Mexico protest marks 4 months since students' disappearance
- Obama leading delegation of US dignitaries to Saudi Arabia
- UN: deadly attack on Ukraine city could be war crime
- Frenchwoman freed from Mexico jail sues ex-president, others
- Russia rejects charges that it's responsible for renewed Ukraine violence
- Gunshots fired at Emirati plane on landing in Baghdad
- Colombians celebrate Miss Universe title
- Canada finds case of H7N9 bird flu in traveler
- Spielberg warns of growing anti-Semitism at Holocaust event
- Ireland unveils credit card-style passports for EU travel
Black HistoryCelebrating Black History Month with African American Firsts: Sports Legends
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Coats For KidsHelp us keep a child in need warm this winter.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!