Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at email@example.com, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Tracy Morgan grateful to settle crash lawsuit with Wal-Mart
- Kanye West to perform at Birthday Bash 20 concert in Atlanta
- Georgia man pleads guilty to seeking to join Islamic State
- Police: Woman who gave workers kidnap note is alive and well
- Police charge Gwinnett Braves player with rape
- Lockdown lifted at Hiram school after shooting elsewhere
- Man accused of killing 4 in Atlanta area pleads not guilty
- Man accused of killing 4 pleads not guilty in capital case
- Georgia man charged with supporting Islamic State militants
- Dunwoody hosting citizenship ceremony on Independence Day
- Tours on USS Arizona Memorial suspended after ship hits dock
- Judge delays edict on moving stabbing case
- Latest on flooding: Officials urging evacuations
- 1 of 2 hostages at California gas station released
- Judge delays edict on moving stabbing case to juvenile court
- Hostages taken at gas station in San Francisco suburb
- Closings start in ex-US Senate candidate's voting law trial
- No sex assault charges for women in massage parlor sting
- Detective: Canada diplomat's son made threats after shootout
- Natalie Portman urges new Harvard graduates to take chances
- Mexico drops charges against 4 men, finds they were tortured
- Vatican's media operations in for overhaul
- Blatter: FIFA to root out corruption, regain soccer's trust
- Falling museum visitor grabs at, smashes ancient Greek vase
- Greece: Nearly 12,000 immigrants entered illegally in April
- Journalist who denounced drug trafficking murdered in Brazil
- Lamborghini signs deal to build new SUV in Italy
- Germany wants UK in EU, but warns of limits on concessions
- Floods in northwest Romania leave 1 dead, dozens evacuated
- North Korean couple taken by Libyan Islamic State stronghold
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the YearVote now for Educator Of The Year!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!