Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
Applications for the Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute’s (CWLI) 5th Annual Women Mentoring Women program are due this Friday, July 20.
The Women Mentoring Women program consists of eight 2-hour lunchtime sessions designed to aid women in developing or sharpening their mentoring skills so they can go back into the community and mentor other women. The goal is to encourage women to utilize their talents and experience to help each other and to aid in the growth of women in positions of civic and business leadership within the community. Each session will be led by recognized local women who will present on topics such as understanding communication styles, team building, political savviness, and the use of power, authority and influence in the workplace.
This initiative began in August 2008, and has graduated 61 women from a variety of business backgrounds in the greater Chattanooga area. Those interested in applying for this year’s program may visit www.cwli.org for more information and to download an application. Applications are due by this Friday, July 20.
The Chattanooga Women’s Leadership Institute is a local non-profit, non-partisan organization that works to increase the leadership capabilities of and influence of women in all sectors of public life and private enterprise by offering educational, networking, and information gathering programs throughout the year. For additional information on CWLI programs and membership, please visit www.cwli.org, email Managing Director Lesley Berryhill at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 423-394-8173.Applications due this Friday for 2012 Women Mentoring Women Program
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Burke County football player dies 2 weeks after collapsing
- Macon 'Dirty Bird' rapper facing drug trafficking charges
- Second teenager in 2 days shot to death in Union City
- 2 men charged in 1999 Nashville theater shooting
- Effort to bring minor league baseball to Macon moves forward
- Atlanta man sentenced in homeless check cashing scheme
- Police probing deaths of 2 Savannah children
- Trial begins in death of man found in Georgia jail cell
- Ex-Macon officer sentenced for sex with shoplifting suspect
- Lawyer: White New York officer targeted black NBA player
- The Latest: Official says worst has been averted at dam site
- Did US strike on Afghan clinic exceed combat authority?
- The Latest on rainstorm: Crews still working on canal breach
- The Latest: Residents near compromised dam told to evacuate
- South Florida high-rise cited after explosion injures 6
- McCarthy's pledge to conservatives: 'I'm not John Boehner'
- As Clinton campaigns, complications with her old boss arise
- 3 'persons of interest' sought in hiking trail killing
- US, Japan museums united on Missouri, Yamato battleships
- Assisted suicide opponents vow to fight California law
- The Latest: EU to crack down on people refused asylum
- Israeli team advances in contest to send spacecraft to moon
- UK's Cameron: I'll get tough in EU negotiations
- Romania: lawyer to dictator's son and a killer dog dies, 83
- Fighting erupts in central Syria amid Russian airstrikes
- Palestinian shot after stabbing Israeli in Jerusalem
- Nepal government, protesters discuss main issue
- Pakistani court upholds death sentence in blasphemy killing
- MSF seeks fact-finding mission over deadly Kunduz strike
- With 500 French in Syria, new anti-jihadi ad campaign starts
Hats from the HeartShow your support for breast cancer patients in our community.
The Human RaceCheck out videos on The Human Race here!
Side RoadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
Educator of the WeekView the 2015 Tennessee Lottery Educator of the Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!