Tuesday Night: A few t-showers are possible during the night. Partly ... More...
Allied Arts Accepting Applications for Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute
(Pictured: 2012 Holmberg Leadership Class)
Allied Arts of Greater Chattanooga is seeking candidates for the 2012 Bill Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute, a seven-part series designed to fully engage participants in the arts community. The deadline for applications is Friday, August 17, 2012.
Launched in 2005 in memory of long-time board member and arts advocate A. William Holmberg, Jr., the institute offers behind-the-scenes site visits to cultural and educational institutions, case studies of arts agencies, panel discussions with community leaders, and a unique forum for pursuing shared goals among arts leaders, business leaders, educators, and philanthropic foundations.
“The institute embodies the spirit of Mr. Holmberg’s passion for the arts,” said Maury Nicely, Allied Arts board member and Chair of the leadership institute. “The classes, the speakers, the whole curriculum reflect Mr. Holmberg’s vision. The participants become equipped to be part of the driving force behind our arts community. It’s a wonderful way to become involved in Chattanooga’s arts and culture scene in a meaningful way.”
Participants will receive a copy of Daniel Pink’s book, “A Whole New Mind,” a critically acclaimed examination of the six essential aptitudes on which professional success and personal fulfillment now depend.
Participation is open to residents of the greater Chattanooga area who have demonstrated passionate support and advocacy for the arts and who have made a commitment to making a difference in the quality of life in the community. Past participants have gone on to serve on Boards of Directors and in other leadership positions with Allied Arts and other cultural agencies.
With keynote speakers and panelists drawn from the community’s leaders, classes will take place from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. on the following days: September 11, September 25, October 2, October 16, October 30, November 6. The last class on November 20, will be followed by a graduation luncheon from 11:00 a.m. to 1 p.m. An evening orientation will be held on Monday, September 10th 5:00 – 7:00 p.m.
A maximum of 30 people have the opportunity participate in the program each year. Tuition is $250, with limited scholarships available. To apply, candidates can print out an application at www.alliedartschattanooga.org and submit it with and a letter of recommendation by Friday, August 17, 2012 to Rodney Van Valkenburg, Allied Arts, 406 Frazier Avenue, Chattanooga, TN 37405 or by e-mail to Rodneyvv@alliedartschattanooga.org. For more information, contact Allied Arts at (423) 756-2787.
Established in 1969, Allied Arts is a non-profit united arts fund that exists to galvanize broad participation in and widespread support for the arts.Allied Arts Accepting Applications for Holmberg Arts Leadership Institute
- TN/GA Regional News
- National News
- International News
- Woman sentenced in silicone injection case
- Study: Georgia disaster preparation weak for kids
- Crews search Lake Lanier for missing woman
- Storms spark lightning fires in Winder, Macon
- Georgia Tech police probe robberies of students
- Alabama man shot to death; Georgia man wounded
- Police probe stabbing of pit bull inside pet store
- Crews respond to possible drowning at Lake Lanier
- Storms spark lightning fires in Barrow County
- Inmates tend to garden at Alabama county jail
- Court: US can withhold Guantanamo detainee images
- Justice Department: Texas voter ID discriminatory
- Study links polar vortex chills to melting sea ice
- Woman sentenced in silicone injection case
- US: No wrongdoing in handling child immigrants
- Teen sues DMV after being told to remove makeup
- Mom of autistic girl pleads guilty to child abuse
- Flight diverted, woman removed over seat dispute
- Guardsman accused of child sex abuse due in court
- Problems abound with health law immigration papers
- Another American in Liberia contracts Ebola: Group
- UN: 4 peacekeepers killed in northern Mali, 6 hurt
- Nicaragua calls off search for 4 missing miners
- 3 Frenchmen arrested over hedgehog hunting
- Not Amused: Queen finds cell phone pics troubling
- Political skills above language for EU's Tusk
- Ontario police: Bieber charged with assault
- Sudan government closes Iranian cultural centers
- AP Interview: Iran says it disrupts nuclear plots
- Ukraine says Russian forces are in major rebel cities
The Good LifeCelebrating the events, adventures and activities that represent "The Good Life" in the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
SideroadsTake a ride with Brian Smith to explore the unique people and places to be found along the Sideroads of the NewsChannel 9 viewing area.
Road TrippinCome Road Trippin' with us and see all the great sites in your area!
Closings and DelaysThese are the latest School and Business Closings reported to NewsChannel 9. If you see errors or need to add a school or business, call 423-757-7320.
This N ThatLearn about the latest in community affairs and great events with Brian Smith on This 'N That.
Educator of the WeekNominate now for Educator Of The Week!
Deaf & Hard of HearingInformation provided to NewsChannel 9 by members of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing Community.
Sponsored EventsCheck Back Often for NewsChannel9 Sponsored Events!